AmiNeo

CodeMonkey
Rating - 100%
92   0   0
Country
UK
Region
Kendal, Cumbria
Hey guys, it appears I may need a new megadrive as my current project one has died. I only need the base unit itself, no cables, cheap as possible please but must be the model with the white writing on behind the cart slot.

(y).

I have a couple of spare MD model 1's in good condition. How's £7 plus postage? Postage will be £4.50 via myhermes. Gav

Do they have the white text above the cart slot? If so I'll take them :) (y)

What you are looking for is a high definition graphics + stereo sound logo model 1. Which happens to be the one with the best sound quality.

Aye thats why I'm after that model. Plus it doesnt have the annoying lisence chip adding that license message when you boot every game :p

Last edited:
That's the one I have. Just to clarify my price I quoted was for one of the consoles not both. Drop me a pm if you definitely want one. Thanks

Aye thats why I'm after that model. Plus it doesnt have the annoying lisence chip adding that license message when you boot every game :p

That 'TMSS' chip can be a real pain with some of the older games... I had problems running early versions of Columns, Decap Attack and Sword of Vermilion (to name a few). Avoid later MK1 systems and definitely avoid the MK2 models as the sound quality is awful (and they have TMSS!).

A modified MK1 Jap system will do nicely :)

Well, close enough. I'll have a standard PAL one for the collection and a modified PAL one that has a multiregion and 50 / 60Hz switch effectively making it no different to a modded Jap console if I'm correct? :unsure:

Forgot to update. MD received. working well, Thanks Gav! (y)

Closing this as has served purpose.

Thanks again! (y)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom