PDA

View Full Version : WHDLoad Kickstarts

Justin
7th April 2012, 11:20
Here's a question that with some good discussion and answers may lead to a sticky of invaluable knowledge:nod:

i have a Kickstarts folder in Devs with all the usual Kickstart images in place and most whdload games run fine.

however there are some WHDLoad games that still complain about having no Kickstarts of various versions, Breathless, and UFO spring to mind.

is there a setting in WHDLOad that needs to be pointed to the correct folder? or is there something i am missing?

i have gone to the Devs:Kickstarts folder while the requester is there in front of me and the kickstart it is requesting is right there in the folder where it should be, wierd huh?

or i'm just stupid, it is one or the other:lol:

imaga_050
7th April 2012, 11:33
Might be obvious but do you have the correct RTB file from the skick archive also in there?

Justin
7th April 2012, 11:34
Might be obvious but do you have the correct RTB file from the skick archive also in there?

hi thanks for the reply.

i do indeed have the skick archive installed:)

imaga_050
7th April 2012, 11:38
I've never had troubles with my kickstarts in WHDLoad always used DEVS:Kickstarts without changing anything in WHDLoad.
Maybe you're using SFS or something and u need to do a filesystem check/repair?

mfilos
7th April 2012, 13:58
Don't worry El'Steavo... Mailman hits early :)
Justin check your PM

Justin
7th April 2012, 15:34
thanks mfilos,

that did indeed fix my problems:thumbsup:

don't know why my pack was wrong, but thank you again:)

fitzsteve
7th April 2012, 15:54
Great stuff :-)
Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.5; en-gb; HTC_DesireHD Build/GRJ90) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1

Justin
3rd May 2012, 13:05
can't make them public as they are still copyrighted

Bad_Ad84
3rd May 2012, 13:18
WinUAE + Amiga Forever rom set.

Use the debugger and dump the memory address ranges that the kickstart is held.

Then you have unprotected roms. I did this for the diagnostic rom (as you couldnt boot into workbench and dump the rom by running an app)

McVenco
24th July 2012, 22:34
I find it a bit odd that spreading Kickstart files and talking about it in public doesn't seem to bother anyone here (including moderators), but when I mention something (happened quite a few months ago already, but still) about a torrent that I downloaded, my whole post got deleted with a warning that discussing piracy is not allowed by Amibay's rules.

So: can someone explain to me why this talking about pirated copies of Kickstart ROMs isn't stopped or deleted?

ChrisUnionNJ
25th July 2012, 02:29
I find it a bit odd that spreading Kickstart files and talking about it in public doesn't seem to bother anyone here (including moderators), but when I mention something (happened quite a few months ago already, but still) about a torrent that I downloaded, my whole post got deleted with a warning that discussing piracy is not allowed by Amibay's rules.

So: can someone explain to me why this talking about pirated copies of Kickstart ROMs isn't stopped or deleted?

Talk about ripping your own KS is fine it's when the talk move's to
uploading and down loading is the problem and this thread will be
cleaned up and sometimes things do slip by that's why we have a
report post icon..

Ok thread cleaned now remember Guys and Gals Kickstart is still copyrighted
you have to own the real KS to use it..

:coffee: