DonutKing

AmiBayer
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Country
Australia
Region
Gold Coast
I'm looking for a SNES cartridge for the English version of Final Fantasy 5. This is the one with Bartz and the meteor. It was never officially released in English languages, instead there was a fanmade patch to translate it. So I'm looking for a reproduction cart, or some other way of playing it on my SNES.

I'm also looking for a copy of Terranigma in english language, but I'm hoping to get it a bit cheaper than what t hey go for on ebay.

I'm not worried about appearance, condition, box or manuals etc. I just want to play them without emulating. :)

PAL or NTSC is fine, my SNES is modded to work with both.

Thanks!

Everdrive, perhaps? One of the main reasons I got mine - fan patches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I saw a repro of FFV in English on ebay the other day but it went for silly money.

Too bad I haven't pulled all of the bugs out of my schematic for wiring up a 27c322 EPROM to any ordinary 8bit board (as apposed to a 16bit board). If it was complete, I could reproduce Terranigma with one 27c322 for cheap instead of the 4+ 27c801's...

RIght now I am most focused on Sega Genesis/MegaDrive repros.

I guess an everdrive could be the go although they are expensive and I've heard some games can glitch with them? In any case where is a good place to buy from?
I saw a repro of FFV in English on ebay the other day but it went for silly money.

Damn, must have missed it :/

Too bad I haven't pulled all of the bugs out of my schematic for wiring up a 27c322 EPROM to any ordinary 8bit board (as apposed to a 16bit board). If it was complete, I could reproduce Terranigma with one 27c322 for cheap instead of the 4+ 27c801's...

RIght now I am most focused on Sega Genesis/MegaDrive repros.

Interesting! I've got an EPROM programmer here so I'd be willing to try writing my own carts...

Interesting! I've got an EPROM programmer here so I'd be willing to try writing my own carts...

I will imagine that you can program 27c801's without issue, but you will need an adapter to program the 27c322's becuase they are 16bit chips. My 16bit adapter just arrived yesterday and I even successfully programmed three gameboy cartridges the same day!

Have a look at my gameboy carts, here. I like to write up tutorials and show off my work. You even get to see some of the gameboys I modded up. The next tutorial I will do is probably going to be for SNES, but I don't know when I will get around to it. When I get out of class today, I will be programming all of my 27c800's and 27c160's (same as the 27c322's but with less capacity) and soldering them into my Sega Genesis Donor carts.

If you can handle soldering at this level, then you should be able to make your own Terranigma and FF5 carts. You should know that there are three 27c801 EPROMs in that picture, all piggybacked and wired up to a 74ls139 decoder chip. The decoder chip is required so that you can separate the whole ROM image into separate parts but be recognized as one ROM image since the RMO is too large to fit onto a single EPROM.

I use 28f032 tsops (think that's the part number off the top of my head - on my phone atm)

Also, as much as I'd like to sell you one... If you just want to play the game - get an ever drive.

If you can handle soldering at this level, then you should be able to make your own Terranigma and FF5 carts. You should know that there are three 27c801 EPROMs in that picture, all piggybacked and wired up to a 74ls139 decoder chip. The decoder chip is required so that you can separate the whole ROM image into separate parts but be recognized as one ROM image since the RMO is too large to fit onto a single EPROM.

Thanks for the info! Looks like a bit of work but I can pull that off. Looking forward to your SNES tutorial :)

Also, as much as I'd like to sell you one... If you just want to play the game - get an ever drive.

Well I'd prefer to have the proper carts since I've got a fair collection of SNES games already - but everdrive is an option.

Well I've just won Terranigma on the other bay.
So I'm just looking for the Final Fantasy 5 english cart now.

After some consideration I've decided I'd much prefer a repro cart than an Everdrive since I've got a fair collection of SNES games already including Seiken Densetsu 3 English and several NTSC games including Final Fantasy 2 and 3 and Super Mario RPG which I modded my SNES for specifically so I could play them.

OK then :)

pmjCQ.jpg

The SNES has been modded with 50/60hz switch, lockout chip switch and I've filed out the cart slot to fit NTSC carts. Gameboy is still stock; although its served me faithfully over the years I much prefer to use the super game boy these days as the monochrome screen is amazingly hard to see - I don't know if it deteriorates with age or they were always that terrible and I just put up with it 0_0

You should get super cic chip fitted to the snes, its much better than the 2 switches.

If you struggle with making a cart, or decide you cant be bothered and still want one - let me know

You should get super cic chip fitted to the snes, its much better than the 2 switches.

If you struggle with making a cart, or decide you cant be bothered and still want one - let me know
Mine has the switchless mod applied to it im well pleased with the results. Do you make snes reproductions then bad_ad84?

Have done and can do. It's not something I do often etc though.

How much would you charge to make one Bad_Ad84? Would save me buying a 16 bit adapter for my programmer, a donor cart and a lot of soldering....

I will look into what I need. Not done a ff5, but concept is the same. I will make one and then let you know, I have all the parts here anyway.

If its too much or you don't want it, I'm sure I can get some use out of it and sell it eventually. But will be cheaper than eBay for certain - however, I can't do labels or boxes etc... So you will need to source those yourself

Do you have any way to make quality cartridge labels to finish a repro off?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom