Away with the fairies...
AmiBayer
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
Country
UK
Region
Devizes, Wiltshire
So I paid out too much for a rework station and it`s not getting enough use so here is a little service...

2 free soldering sessions (for now), replacing up to db25 sockets, recapping, replacing IC`s, nice simple tasks that would suite a soldeing beginner like me.

If it`s a valuable item, go with a pro :)

I cannot handle very fine pitch due to sight issues but down to I think it is 2mm leg pitch and 0603 smd package I can do under mild magnification.

Just putting it out there...

You're just showing off Wolfy! :LOL: Quit being modest :D

I got a couple of 1541 chips that i've been meaning to send off for some time. Doesnt look too hard either if you are interested?

@Tokyo:
Yeah, sounds like just the sort of job I`m after.
And nice chunky components too :p

@Bamiga:
Have you got links to the mod? must go walkies but will look into later.

@Bamiga
Looking at 2gbp for parts (1.78 for db9 male&case and 10p for 10k resistor) + postage to you
Will check as I have a few dead joysticks and the moulded plug would be nice for miggy end and would also give you a bit more cable :)

Couldnt you just do the mod within the light gun itself and use the existing cable? (assuming you dont want to retain the ability to use it on the segas)

only need a resistor then.

I was giving that consideration but bamiga is in finland so pnp for sending gun back and forth would be more than making cable and sending.
I also looked on ebay and there is a gun going not so expensive really...
Few possibilities.

Good point, the adapter is probably a good idea.

Also means if the gun dies and he needs a replacement it wont need modding again.

The adapter way sounds like the right way and the extra cable should give more freedom :)! Wolfy do you take Paypal?

I`ve ordered a sega light gun off ebay to test :) and will make 2 adapters. :)

You man was fast! (y) And thorough for getting a pistol to test with, great!
Hey I'd be interested in that light-gun also (when you've done your thing that is :LOL:). If you don't need it I'll buy it off your hands (and the other adaptor too ;))! :cool:

Let me know what you think about this. I'll just sit and wait here heh :D

Heh I aint that fast :)
I have just ordered the db9 female connectors&cases and 10x10k resistors off the other bay, yes could have got 100 for same price but heh, dont need that many in a lifetime, these should be here in a few days.
The Sega Phaser arrived yesterday, it looks in OK condition, certainly not a collectors piece but was cheap, and yes, you can have it along with the second cable for what it is costing me.

Well I swapped the IC as requested by TokyoRacer on his 1541 controller board.
And it works just fine, this is the board diagnosed and donated by TheCorfiot.
I have installed the board in a known working 1541 and it loads $ just fine and then of course loads programs too :) so I have been testing with half a dozen disks with various games I load to listen to the music...
I`ll post back next week when I do my mail-out.

Hey! What about the light-gun adapters :p?
I guess you posted in the wrong thread :LOL:....

EDIT: nope, right thread :picard
:D

Last edited:
Yeah Wolfy, just kidding here :LOL: this is great service (y)
I'm patiently waiting here, no rush, take it slow and steady... meanwhile I'm sleeping with my light-gun holding it tightly next to me ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom