Help with ClassicWB

scrappysphinx

Confused retro man
VIP
Country
UK
Region
Nottingham
Hi all, in the past i have downloaded and installed ClassicWB loads of times but tonight i'm having some trouble.

I have downloaded the 68k (for my a600) and Adv (for 030 A1200) and i cannot get either to install.

I am using Winuae from the Amiga Forever 2011 package and trying to install it to the system.hdf that comes with the package and using the configuration file that is included in the package then transfer it to a real 4gb 2.5" ide drive for the a1200 and 3gb drive for the a600.

Anyway i get the same problems on both versions of Classicwb.

It comes to the install script and asks for the workbench disk to activate the system. I click f12 and select the correct disk (3.1 for both as both systems have 3.1 roms) and it detects valid workbench disk and seems to carry on.

Then i get a few errors saying

Cannot open magsafe
Cannot open Prefs
Cannot open ENV

All seems to continue fine and presents me with a few options for theme/borders/faster folder loading and such and then presents me with installation complete and tells me to remove the disk and reboot to load workbench.

Upon rebooting i just get the Amigados (actually says AROS in the corner) and it just shows

[CLI 3]

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Hi john, when i download the package it comes with a real amga install adf, a 500mb system.hdf and a configuration file for Winuae. I am using these standard files to set it up as an hdf then transfer it to a real hdd. The install fails on setting it up with the included hdf

it might be best to make your own from scratch

are you using the latest cwb v27

Yes mate thats the latest version downloaded tonight from the classicwb.abime.net site.

Will try making a new hdf and configuring winuae myself and starting from scratch

ok no worries just make sure you set up the mask and max transfere up right and press enter for any ajustments in hdtoolbox

Attachments

• 18.JPG
    18.JPG
    35.7 KB · Views: 0
ok mate, will try again in a little while and update in a bit

Well if it says AROS, you might be using the AROS kickstart rom. Make sure you use an original kickstart ROM.

Hi frodegh, using 3.1 a1200 rom from the amiga forever package. I only have the roms from the forever package and have never installed any other roms so no idea where it would pick up an aros rom from.

Will try it all again soon

Back
Top Bottom