AmiBayer
Rating - 100%
128   0   0
Country
UK
Region
Lancashire
Hi all,

I am looking for an old video card to use in one of my Dos/Win95 machines... It must be PCI and have either 2mb or 4mb of video memory :nod: I am looking for a good Dos performer so i would prefer a video card using a chip from either Matrox, ATI or S3 8)

If anyone has a spare one then please let me know what it will cost me, cheers (y)

Re: WTB: 2mb or 4mb PCI video card

I have 2 x SIS PCI video cards here, one is SIS 6215 chipset from 1997 and the other is SIS 6326 chipset from 1998. I think one of them (the 6326) is an 8Mb card.

They aren't tested and aren't exactly what you are after, but if you want then, you can have them for the postage costs.

Hi, thanks for the offer Merlin but i am not too familiar with the SIS video chips :? Do you know what the memory size is for the 1997 SIS 6215? The reason i asked for either a Matrox, ATI or S3 card is because of the great Dos performance and Vesa support they have :nod: I am not sure what the SIS chips are like in comparison? I amy be interestd in the SIS 6215 if it is at least 2mb? Cheers (y)

ATI (2MB 1997)

MATROX (unknown 1995)

£5 the pair? (P+P included.)

I have that very same Matrox card in a pentium 100mhz setup and its worked perfectly fine with everything i've thrown at it.

@ meega

The Matrox card is a Matrox Millenium. I recall I had one of those cards with the add-on memory board that plugged into the two rows of headers.

@ Powerpie5000

Best guess is that it's a 4Mb card. I'm unsure about performance and in your position I'd be inclined to go with the Matrox offered by meega.

Thanks for the replies and offers :D I have just been given an old 4mb S3 Virge DX (perfect for Dos and UniVBE) so i no longer need another PCI card... thanks again (y)

This thread can be closed now please, cheers 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom