Last edited:
Re: At last! I now have enough drives

Maybe it's the Dalek guarding it that she doesn't like. :wink:

Exterminate! EXTERMINATE!!!

Heather

maybe, but c'mon Daleks are cool, what's not to like? :wink:

Other than the fact that they want to destroy every living thing... Nope, nothing wrong other than that! :mrgreen:

It doesn't look like you get much room for your addictions, but it's cozy!

Heather

BTW, did you know your Avatar has a white picket fence over his face??? Hmm... :wink:

Heather

Surely you mean Partitions, no? ;)
I have 6 meself, nothing special about it with those modern GB disks ;)

@J, Just noticed something in your Sig buddy. [/pedant mode ON]There was no Judge Dread.[/pedant mode OFF] :wink:

Edited by Merlin - the pedant forgot the forward slash before the pedant on command...

*ahem*

Thank you for the correction :LOL: I did ask for that, and BTW I was referring to J's spelling, not the existence of the mighty Jo Dredd. :wink:

Awsome Stuff Juvvy!!!

but why so-many drives?!

I'm guessing that screenie is the Red A1200 m8 & have one question RE this. What size hard drive are you using in her?

RE Mrs. JuvUK not liking the room & colour aside, maybe it's the mess? - Certainly a bright, or dare I say, a loud room to say the least. :)

Kin

lol kin, well i don't need to turn any lights on in there! and mess? what mess?

tis but a wee 60gb drive bud, and yes it is the Ferrari 1200 all up and running with sound no less (y)

With a 60Gb Drive in an Amiga, I'd probably be using more Partitions tbh, but then that would depend on how much Ram I had in the Miggy too? More Partitions equals more memory useage before the Miggy even gets fired up to the desktop.
Reason for Partitioning big hard drives is for easier maintenance, easy as. Peoples Ideas of one big Partition are crazy & it will chug modern Pee Cees to bits, let alone a poor old IDE Miggy.
LOL @ the number of Pee Cees I repair by re-installing the OS to a single partitioned 300GB or more Hard drive. 95% of people I come accross just have no idea & then complain they will loose all their data with a fresh install because it's become so corrupted.

For me, your untidyness is the cables draped everywhere & perhaps the Terracotta orange is a bit loud. All the same, it's certainly a warm, cosey looking room. :wink:

Kin

@ Heather

Doesn't everyone have a Dalek guarding their prized computers, I thought it came with the territory?

I certainly do, I have the same radio-controlled one that JuvUK has.. :twisted:

Perhaps my name should have been Davros, and not Dave.... :ROTFLOL2:

Merlin said:
I have the same radio-controlled one that JuvUK has.. :twisted:

I have the same one too :thumbsup2: (and a K9 :oops: )
I'm sure if Juzzer did a Poll we would find that most Amibay staff have one too :nod:

BTW I'm ignoring Kinnie's comment :whistle:

TC :mrgreen:

*ahem

I have the Black one... from the Cult of Skaro, Dalek Sec....

well.... my daughter does LOL!

I would have thought Juv's would have been the red Dalek, looks like he missed a trick there..... :whistle:

My personal favourite was the Special Weapons Dalek, he was like the 'Dirty Harry' of Daleks with a huge cannon on the front that totalled other Daleks with a single shot, nice......

[attachment=0:3mxed4az]SW-Dalek1.jpg[/attachment:3mxed4az]

Attachments

• SW-Dalek1.jpg
    SW-Dalek1.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 0

Zetr0 said:
*ahem

I have the Black one... from the Cult of Skaro, Dalek Sec....

well.... my daughter does LOL!

Batteries not included? Another gem for the quote contest!!

I have one of these remote Daleks too, they are quite different from the regular ones.
Although Peter Cushing is not officially credited as a version of the Doctor these Daleks made for the movie in 1965 had quite subtle differences and they were in colour.

TC :whistle:

Sorry Juzzer the threads moved onto Daleks..... :LOL:

Attachments

• Mark_1_Movie_Daleks.jpg
    Mark_1_Movie_Daleks.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 0

Totally :eek:fftopic: but....

ROFL @ the geeks! :jester:

Now I've said that, I expect someone can come back with the colour of Dalek actually being meaningful to thier rank & without using Google?
I suppose I'm half way there knowing something about this, but will gladly hand it over to the real geeks..... :laugh:

Kin

*edit*

Btw Merlin, I love the Dirty Harry one! :mrgreen:

I actually don't have a Dalek guarding my computers but I would like one! How'd you reprogram (brainwash?) them into not killing you? What do you feed them? Dalek Chow? Hmmm....

Forgive me, I'm still waking up... :coffee:

Heather

Back
Top Bottom