Maybe it's the Dalek guarding it that she doesn't like. :wink:

Exterminate! EXTERMINATE!!!

Heather

Justin
5th August 2009, 19:47
maybe, but c'mon Daleks are cool, what's not to like? :wink:

SkydivinGirl
5th August 2009, 19:51
Other than the fact that they want to destroy every living thing... Nope, nothing wrong other than that! :mrgreen:

It doesn't look like you get much room for your addictions, but it's cozy!

Heather

SkydivinGirl
5th August 2009, 19:52
BTW, did you know your Avatar has a white picket fence over his face??? Hmm... :wink:

Heather

Shoonay
5th August 2009, 19:59
Surely you mean Partitions, no? ;)
I have 6 meself, nothing special about it with those modern GB disks ;)

r0jaws
5th August 2009, 23:16
@J, Just noticed something in your Sig buddy. [/pedant mode ON]There was no Judge Dread.[/pedant mode OFF] :wink:

Edited by Merlin - the pedant forgot the forward slash before the pedant on command...

*ahem*

Thank you for the correction :lol: I did ask for that, and BTW I was referring to J's spelling, not the existence of the mighty Jo Dredd. :wink:

Zetr0
5th August 2009, 23:37
Awsome Stuff Juvvy!!!

but why so-many drives?!

Kin Hell
6th August 2009, 11:13
I'm guessing that screenie is the Red A1200 m8 & have one question RE this. What size hard drive are you using in her?

RE Mrs. JuvUK not liking the room & colour aside, maybe it's the mess? - Certainly a bright, or dare I say, a loud room to say the least. :)

Kin

Justin
6th August 2009, 11:21
lol kin, well i don't need to turn any lights on in there! and mess? what mess?

tis but a wee 60gb drive bud, and yes it is the Ferrari 1200 all up and running with sound no less :thumbsup:

Kin Hell
6th August 2009, 11:36
With a 60Gb Drive in an Amiga, I'd probably be using more Partitions tbh, but then that would depend on how much Ram I had in the Miggy too? More Partitions equals more memory useage before the Miggy even gets fired up to the desktop.
Reason for Partitioning big hard drives is for easier maintenance, easy as. Peoples Ideas of one big Partition are crazy & it will chug modern Pee Cees to bits, let alone a poor old IDE Miggy.
LOL @ the number of Pee Cees I repair by re-installing the OS to a single partitioned 300GB or more Hard drive. 95% of people I come accross just have no idea & then complain they will loose all their data with a fresh install because it's become so corrupted.

For me, your untidyness is the cables draped everywhere & perhaps the Terracotta orange is a bit loud. All the same, it's certainly a warm, cosey looking room. :wink:

Kin

Merlin
6th August 2009, 12:05
@ Heather

Doesn't everyone have a Dalek guarding their prized computers, I thought it came with the territory?

I certainly do, I have the same radio-controlled one that JuvUK has.. :twisted:

Perhaps my name should have been Davros, and not Dave.... :ROTFLOL2:

Kin Hell
6th August 2009, 12:44
Davros!

download/file.php?id=981&mode=view (http://www.amibay.co.uk/download/file.php?id=981&mode=view)

Absolutely PMSL!! :ROTFLOL2:

Kin

TheCorfiot
6th August 2009, 12:49
I have the same radio-controlled one that JuvUK has.. :twisted:

I have the same one too :thumbsup2: (and a K9 :oops: )
I'm sure if Juzzer did a Poll we would find that most Amibay staff have one too :nod:

BTW I'm ignoring Kinnie's comment :whistle:

TC :mrgreen:

Zetr0
6th August 2009, 13:40
*ahem

I have the Black one... from the Cult of Skaro, Dalek Sec....

well.... my daughter does LOL!

Merlin
6th August 2009, 13:48
I would have thought Juv's would have been the red Dalek, looks like he missed a trick there..... :whistle:

My personal favourite was the Special Weapons Dalek, he was like the 'Dirty Harry' of Daleks with a huge cannon on the front that totalled other Daleks with a single shot, nice......

[attachment=0:3mxed4az]SW-Dalek1.jpg[/attachment:3mxed4az]

Merlin
6th August 2009, 14:00
*ahem

I have the Black one... from the Cult of Skaro, Dalek Sec....

well.... my daughter does LOL!

Batteries not included? Another gem for the quote contest!!

TheCorfiot
6th August 2009, 14:02
I have one of these remote Daleks too, they are quite different from the regular ones.
Although Peter Cushing is not officially credited as a version of the Doctor these Daleks made for the movie in 1965 had quite subtle differences and they were in colour.

TC :whistle:

Sorry Juzzer the threads moved onto Daleks..... :lol:

Kin Hell
6th August 2009, 14:09
Totally :offtopic: but....

ROFL @ the geeks! :jester:

Now I've said that, I expect someone can come back with the colour of Dalek actually being meaningful to thier rank & without using Google?
I suppose I'm half way there knowing something about this, but will gladly hand it over to the real geeks..... :laugh:

Kin

*edit*

Btw Merlin, I love the Dirty Harry one! :mrgreen:

SkydivinGirl
6th August 2009, 14:57
I actually don't have a Dalek guarding my computers but I would like one! How'd you reprogram (brainwash?) them into not killing you? What do you feed them? Dalek Chow? Hmmm....

Forgive me, I'm still waking up... :coffee:

Heather

Harrison
6th August 2009, 16:41
Not a single Dalek here! :o

Instead I've got a 12" figure of Kirk holding a phaser to guard mine! ;)

Plus a full compliment of Star Wars figures, multiple Boba Fett's and a large R2D2. :)

Merlin
6th August 2009, 16:52
^^^^^^^^

Closet geek!!

:ROTFLOL2: :jester: :woot: :lol: :laugh:

Hessu
6th August 2009, 18:07
i now have enough drives :thumbsup:

and i don't know why my mrs hates this room? maybe it's the colour? :?:
Ah, i have the same table and, eh, as messy too :D Drives, joystic's etc all around ;)

Nathanieltolbert
6th August 2009, 18:25
No Daleks here either, sadly. But I have the 20 pound giant attack cat. Back on topic, How do you use a 60GB hard drive, only with OS3.9 correct? Does the ROM patch allow the Disk Manager software to detect hard drives larger than 8GB? I don't have 3.9, it's on my list, but if it allows me to use a larger Hard Drive, it will increase it's priority. Back to Doctor Who (don't you love the way my mind bounces like a rubber ball? Around and around it goes...) I still like the original Doctor the best. He was really alien, at least in the first season.

Nathan

Harrison
6th August 2009, 19:05
No need for 3.9. Just use the free SFS file system. Allows HDD's of any size. I used it on my A1200 and A4000. Both running WB 3.1. It can't sadly work on an A600 as you need at least an 020 CPU.

SkydivinGirl
6th August 2009, 19:08
@Nathan

I want your kitty! It's adorable!!!

Heather

Shoonay
6th August 2009, 21:53
I have the 20 pound giant attack cat.Looks fake on that picture, no cat would ever stand still like that... :mrgreen:

BTW: Got moar piccies and could post some here (http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=33721), perhaps? ;)

/end advert :run:

rkauer
6th August 2009, 22:54
Is that cat stuffed?

Kin Hell
6th August 2009, 22:57
Is that cat stuffed?

:nod: :ROTFLOL2: :laugh: :mrgreen: :jester:

Kin

Merlin
6th August 2009, 23:30
Is that cat stuffed?

Another quote of the year candidate there I reckon; Kin's motion is seconded... :ROTFLOL2: :jester: :laugh: :lol:

TheCorfiot
7th August 2009, 00:25
Is that cat stuffed?

Third :nod:

tbh the whole piccy reminds me of Rod Hull & Emu.

PMSL :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Kin Hell
7th August 2009, 01:11
ROFL. :jester:

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2008/12/10/article-1093673-02C46D5B000005DC-291_468x309.jpg

Kin

Nathanieltolbert
7th August 2009, 06:52
Is that cat stuffed?

LOL! No, he just likes to balance on things. He doesn't like to be held much so when I pick him up he balances on my arm or my shoulders I do have pictures of him in other positions, let me post them below. BTW Everyone says they want him when they see Boris, but they quickly change their mind when he proceeds to strike up an obnoxious conversation with them before they leave.

*Edit* In the background of the top picture you can see what he does when he is very bored, and we forget to hide the paper towels. Before you ask, no we don't declaw our cats. As I said, Guard Kitty! Back on topic - How many computers do you have in your retro room? (sorry I was thinking of the wrong thread when I posted this message originally :oops: ) *Edit*

rkauer
7th August 2009, 18:37
<SNIP> Back on topic - How many computers do you have in your retro room? <SNIP>

Me? Not that much... :whistle:

10 Amigas, a couple of peecees , 1 Atari 2600 (yes, the video game, Atari never sold computers, anyway) and 2 Mega Drive (1 normal, 1 compact).

The house is guarded by electrical fence and a dog, for your information.

Nathanieltolbert
7th August 2009, 21:21
The electric fence, not much of a problem, the dog however .... I'm a softie for animals so I couldn't even tranq him to get in. Your Retro computers are safe.... for now. Can you show us some more pics of the other Amigas and PeeCees?

Nathan

RedDaemonFox
19th August 2009, 19:49
That's a Big @$$ cat! I'll post a pic of my attack Rottweiler and my Demon kitty later!!! :hijacked:

Kin Hell
20th August 2009, 21:45
That's a Big @$$ cat! I'll post a pic of my attack Rottweiler and my Demon kitty later!!! :hijacked:

I wouldn't worry about the Hijack. That happened on the first page by the Staff. :laugh:

Kin

woodycool
26th August 2009, 11:28
Not a single Dalek here! :o

Instead I've got a 12" figure of Kirk holding a phaser to guard mine! ;)

Plus a full compliment of Star Wars figures, multiple Boba Fett's and a large R2D2. :)
I know this is well off topic (and this thread is a bit old now) but I don't have any of the above guarding my Amiga, I have two items WAAAAYY cooler.
I have a Terminator T800 classic endoskeleton model and a Robocop model guarding my Amiga :)

Kin Hell
26th August 2009, 17:54
@ woody

Now ur talking. :thumbsup:

Kin