AmiBayer
Blogger
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Country
Sweden
Region
Västerbotten
Looking for a cheap, possibly free Gameboy SP, AGB-001 model. It can be faulty as long as the frontlight still works as that's what I'm actually looking for. cheers!

Oh, I wasn't aware that one could use the backlight. Got a guide?

Oh, I wasn't aware that one could use the backlight. Got a guide?

Using it in a Gameboy Color or removing it?
Here is the tutorial to frontlight a GBC.

It comes out very similar to the 001, but has more soldered contacts becuase of the variable lighting it offers.

The guide you linked to says:

Materials:

-A GBA SP (Make sure the model is AGS-001, not AGS-101); try to get one with a cracked screen

The AGS-101 is backlit, which is why thanius asked for a AGS-001 - which is front lit and can be used to upgrade the GBC.

The guide you linked to says:

Materials:

-A GBA SP (Make sure the model is AGS-001, not AGS-101); try to get one with a cracked screen
The AGS-101 is backlit, which is why thanius asked for a AGS-001 - which is front lit and can be used to upgrade the GBC.

Okay....I am saying that I have used 101's and you can too. The 101 has slight ridges to better disperse the light and better off used for backlighting devices other than the color. I liked to that guide in particular becuase its the only one there is.

I don't know a person to do one yet but you can just as easily "back"light a GBC if you salvage the reflecting panels as well as the light itself. Its the same argument over and over again; "why use a GBC at all when the SP has a rechargeable battery and lit screen and the DMG has the best oscillators?" It depends on what you're going to use it for; gaming or music.

Still looking for a cheap, possibly free broken GBA SP model AGS-101.

Sent from my U20i using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom