PDA

View Full Version : Sold Amiga A4000T Computer System 68060cpu CD ROM

AmigaSociety
27th April 2012, 19:45
**** This A4000T Has Sold *****

For sale and shipment to USA and Canada only is a good clean Amiga A4000T - 68060 CPU Computer System for $1295 + shipping. I have always wanted an Atari Falcon so may consider a trade of a Falcon + $ for the A4000T. The system will include a good clean running A4000T running the 68060 CPU, 2 Keyboards, Mouse, Power Cord, A4000T Floppies with OS 3.1 on them, A4000T Owners Manual (great to get info on the innards of the A4000T and how to use it), 2 Video Toaster Cards (one complete in box with binder user manual, CD, floppy, and other little doodads), and Picasso II Video Card. I even have the 68060 Upgrade box and software that will go with the sale. I forgot to take a picture of that box.

I will take a video for buyer showing the system boots and runs. What I can tell you about my A4000T and items above is the computer runs nicely, has a floppy drive, CD ROM drive, internal hard drive booting Amiga OS 3.1, and cosmetically in nice condition. I would rate cosmetics a solid 8 to 9 out of 10 and there is very little scuffage for the age of the computer. It used of course so not like new. The main clean keyboard in the picture works nicely other that I think the left SHIFT key is bad so I have to use the right SHIFT key. There is a 2nd dirty keyboard I am sending with the system that I think has a loose #8 keycap but maybe that Shift key issue can be remedied between the two keyboards. You get both, one clean one and one dirty one I acquired. The mouse ball needs some cleaning but still works OK and is usable but getting a nicer mouse would not be a bad idea.

I will need to write down how much memory is on the motherboard as I forget. I can get this when I make the video for the buyer. I think it was 45 to 48K if memory serves.

The untested items that I have not had time to install are the Picasso II & Video Toaster setup. I know very little on those other than I purchased the items pulled from a known good Amiga so they should all be in good used condition.

All items are sold as-is since they are mid 1990s gear but the video I will make and post will show you she runs nicely so you can be comfortable buying something long distance that has a good chance working when you get it. I don’t know about the video toaster stuff but as you will see, one set is in box, so hopefully between the two boards, you have all that is needed to start using them, or maybe just need to get some cabling to make them work. The video toaster has the owners manual binder and software inside so that is cool.

The Picasso II was purchased from a well known Amiga guy on the forums so that board should work well once you download the proper drivers and get the correct VGA cable. From what I hear, the Picasso II makes real nice higher resolution video output to a VGA monitor while at the same time having a pass-thru port to connect the Amiga monitors for Amiga specific resolutions and compatibility.

Email me any questions. For now sale in USA and Canada only. $1295 + shipping. I can only guess shipping will be high since this is a heavy large computer, guessing at least $100 from West coast to East coast if you are far from California where I live. To Canada, no idea, but probably double that but I would have to find out of course.

The images may show other items NOT for sale. Example, the picture with the A4000T has an A1000 with monitor next to it. Those are NOT for sale. Just what is listed above is for sale.

http://i1158.photobucket.com/albums/p603/tenkarajunkie/Amiga4000T.jpg

http://i1158.photobucket.com/albums/p603/tenkarajunkie/VideoToaster.jpg

http://i1158.photobucket.com/albums/p603/tenkarajunkie/PicassoIIKeyboard.jpg

---------- Post added at 11:45 ---------- Previous post was at 10:19 ----------

Oh, also throwing in an Xsurf network card. Supposed to work also, untested as I never installed it. Same price, just another item you get.

Tj

Jon Hare
27th April 2012, 19:55
A shame that I'm not in US/CAN :(

Very nice machine you have there. If you decide to ship overseas (I know it will be expensive) I'm definitely your man and would state interest immediately :D

arti040
27th April 2012, 20:26
Beautiful. Why? :(

AmigaSociety
27th April 2012, 21:54
Beautiful. Why? :(

Two words.... AmigaOne X1000

:D

All my Amiga time is spent playing with it and hate that the A4000T sits un-played with. It needs a home where someone will enjoy it.

tj

Simon
27th April 2012, 23:29
Picasso just what I need ... shame I have to go live in the States and buy an A4000T to get it in this case.

Starts to be a pain in the *** finding one these days.

Anyway, good luck with the sale.

AmigaSociety
28th April 2012, 00:30
Picasso just what I need ... shame I have to go live in the States and buy an A4000T to get it in this case.

Starts to be a pain in the *** finding one these days.

Anyway, good luck with the sale.

Although right now I have stated USA and Canada only, as long as the person away from USA realizes shipping means selling their body parts to afford it, I can be persuaded to sell and ship from USA to Europe. Body Parts meaning this, last time I shipped a computer from USA to France it set the person back almost $600.

Most folks are not prepared for that. But on rare things and collectors, that does not faze them. The BeBox being rare, I was able to sell it and they knew shipping was up there.

Therefore, if you are indeed a real buyer and know it will cost you up the wazuu for shipping, talk to me and we can go from there.

If someone knows an insurable trackable safe way to ship from USA to Europe, that is cheaper, let me know.

Heck, just the professional double boxing I did on the BeBox to protest the BeBox from the gorillas in Customs and Shipping between countries, that cost me $85 last time. I had styrofoam between the double boxing to protect it and give the box proper ridgity to handle being bounced around.

TJ

---------- Post added at 16:30 ---------- Previous post was at 15:41 ----------

Decided to take a photo of the 68060 Upgrade Box with software it came with, the A4000T Owners Manual, the XSurf Card with install sheets, and A4000T Lock/Unlock Keys and rear card slot panels inside that white box, some extras I guess.

tj

http://i1158.photobucket.com/albums/p603/tenkarajunkie/68060A4000TManual.jpg

quarkx
28th April 2012, 00:40
Saddly, If I had the money, I would jump at this, ( without any hesitation) but I am already working 8 shifts a week to afford the load that is coming in this next week.

ravard
28th April 2012, 03:47
I am interested. PM Sent.

AmigaSociety
28th April 2012, 04:11
I am interested. PM Sent.

I see no PM from you.

Still open for sale and PMs with interest.

TJ

ravard
28th April 2012, 05:26
Still interested. PM Sent.

AmigaSociety
28th April 2012, 06:01
Sale now pending for receipt of payment from Ravard.

Accepting backup offers if sale to Ravard does not go through within one week.

Post interest here and pm me if you want to be next in line and will let you know by Monday May 7th if for sale again.

TJ

quarkx
28th April 2012, 07:22
What the Heck. Things might change in a week, so I will declare interest and throw my hat in the ring. Sending PM now.

AmigaSociety
2nd May 2012, 22:47
**** This A4000T Has Sold to Ravard *****

ravard
3rd June 2012, 03:40
Items received in working order. Great transaction. Thanks.