(Not actually from Tokyo).
Blogger
Rating - 100%
173   0   0
Country
United Kingdom
Region
Norfolk
After one of the above (a 130 would be cool!). Doesn't need to be boxed or especially mint but would rather it was working. Ideally not too far adrift too as postage could kill the deal.

Anything considered.

Thanks in advance.

I have this 65XE you might like.
The keys and case have yellowed, and this is worse on the right; unfortunately this doesn’t show up to well in the picture. Looking at the picture of the MB the first thing you’ll see is that the metal shielding is missing, it was like that when I bought it. You may also see that there is space for an extra 8 RAM chips so you could upgrade it to a 130 speck. You would also need a C025953 EMMU chip to manage the bank switching.
The screen shots show that it in working order but also show that it suffers with vertical banding, a common problem with the Atari XE range.

John

P1030896.jpg P1030877.jpg P1030880.jpg

P1030885.jpg P1030887.jpg P1030890.jpg P1030893.jpg

Ideally I was on the lookout for a 100% working example but I am still interested since I havn't had a reply about this. Is it just the machine on it's own or does it have some extras like cables and cassette drive, etc?

Don’t sell yourself short bony lad. If its perfection you are looking for don’t be rushed into accepting my imperfect offering. I’m sure there’s a perfect one out there for you, you just have to wait for it.
I’ll just have to hang onto my ugly imperfect little specimen that nobody loves; maybe it would be better if I put it out of its misery.:(

All the best in your search of perfection
John

Cheers marra, I look forward to receiving your pm.

While it’s true this 65xe is not 100% complete (metal shielding) and the condition is not 100% (yellowing), but it IS 100% working.

The issues with the display are more to do with the Atari’s design of the video circuit than anything that’s broken. There are modifications you can make to this circuit, I’ll include some reading on the subject. The first thing you could try, ditch the RF lead and connect to your display by composite or svid.

John

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom