Not open for further replies.

Harrison

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
Country
UK
Region
West Sussex
I'm looking for a replacement motherboard for a socket 939 Athlon 64 CPU. Any make and model considered as long as it has been tested and is confirmed to be fully working. Must include the backplate.

Only sensible prices considered.

Re: WTB: Athlon 64 socket 939 Motherboard

Where were you 2 weeks ago when I had like 6 boards like this that I gave away? Talk about wishing I had held on to a working one after all. I have one that is confirmed damaged, but it is easy to indicate where the damage is and if you are good with a soldering iron, the three small items can be replaced. (Somehow some small flat black things - don't know what they are or what they are called - are no longer connected to the motherboard, and they are no doubt important.) They appear to be surface mounted chips, but I don't know for sure and I cannot read the numbering on them as I cannot read that small of lettering. Sorry I don't have a magnifying glass. I come into Socket 939 motherboards on a somewhat semi occasion, I will keep an eye out for one for you.

Nathan

That would be great if you could let me know if you come across any more. I will pass on trying to repair surface mounted resisters on a motherboard though. A bit too fiddly for me. About my limit is replacing a Capacitor or soldering a wire.

Well, I don't know anything about soldering. The three things that are not on the board are attached it appears underneath the main part (a square black piece) and then attached via two "legs"(?) to the motherboard. They don't really look that difficult to replace, I just don't know what they are. If anyone knows, I would be very appreciative of any input. I can take a picture if that's needed as well.

Nathan

Edit - Found my penlight and can now read the numbers and letters on the flat black items. Number is as follows - 09N03LA Next line reads - AA451 or BL449. Doing a search on Yahoo seems to indicate that these things are transistors? Is that possible? Again any info would be appreciated!

Nathan

Nathan

They sound like Voltage Regulators

TC :mrgreen:

Okay I went to source the part to get pricing information and unfortunately that specific part does not appear to be made any more. They redirected me to another part as a possible drop in replacement but I hit a snag. The replacement part has Drain to Source Voltage of 30V and a Continuous Drain @25C of 35A, but the original part has a Drain to Source Voltage of 25V and a Continuous Drain @25C of 50A. Correct me if I'm wrong but don't those numbers need to match or be very close? If the drop in part will work, let me know. They're 37 cents a piece. I did confirm that they are surface mount though, so they are outside any ability I could ever even learn for soldering. But at 37 cents a piece I could buy the replacements, and then ship them with the board to anyone who wanted to try their hand at fixing it. Please let me know. I really wish I had the brain for Electrical Engineering, I'm certain it would help in this respect. :thanks:

Nathan

Guess what fell into my hands this evening? an Epox EP-9NPA3-Ultra Socket 939 mobo. There's only one problem I can see and that is it doesn't have a face plate, but I'm wondering If I can find a replacement. Let me know what you think when you have the time.

@Nathan

You couldn't by any chance find me a new Vortex lateral Stabilizer - with reverse polarity mode for my Tardis by any chance......You know in case you come accross one by chance :ROTFLOL2:

Nathan you are indeed such a caring soul, Nice one chap I think Harrison will be stoked !!!!!!

Round of Applause :bowdown:

TC :mrgreen:

Sorry, no Vortex Lateral Stabilizer - with reverse polarity mode. What model of TARDIS are you using? That has not been used since the earlier models? I do have a Vortex Inclusion Stabilizer, the upgrade for what you are looking for though.. :D Seriously though, I do hope this will work for him. I just wish I could find the silly faceplate, or make one. Either one would be nice.

I have a small collection of faceplates which he is free to have.. if you let me know the layout or post piccy of M/B then I will see if I have one to match.

Gary

Here's a pic of the faceplate layout. I hope you have a faceplate that fits it. I have one that is close, but the spacing is slightly different. :pissed: Why can't they have a standard for the faceplate like they used to?

Nathan

Attachments

• Camera Dump 8-12-09 083.jpg
    Camera Dump 8-12-09 083.jpg
    203.7 KB · Views: 1

That was what I was afraid of. I guess I could try contacting the company Epox and seeing if they still have some on site that I could purchase from them.

Nathan

Nice one. Thank you. Have you tested that the board works?

How much would you want for the board, and how much would shipping to the UK be?

As for the face plate. It would be good to have one. Looking at the layout I might have one that fits. I will have a rummage in my stuff tomorrow and see. Fingers crossed.

As you both say, it is very annoying that faceplates are not standard layout across the industry. I suppose the problem is that each board has unique features and sockets/ports that need to be included on the backplate of the board.

The board is currently in use and yes, does work. Quite nicely too. It's being replace tomorrow evening when the Socket AM3 motherboard comes in with it's Phenom II 955 (I think). I was told I had free reign of the old parts. Which means I get my GT6600 back and an older Athlon 64 X2 processor 4200+ I think. Let me know if you are interested.

Nathan

Yes I'm interested, but it does depend on price and shipping cost.

I cannot even think of what shipping will be as I don't have a package weight, but the owner of the board is asking 20USD for it. I will ship it in a motherboard box (won't be the original box, as the owner has of course lost it. If you want I will go out and find all the drivers I can for it, and burn them on a CD for you as well. If you are interested still after we identify the shipping price. I wouldn't think it would weigh more the 6 or 7 pounds. If I ship it through the Post Office, I wouldn't think it would be more the 40USD. But once I have it out of the case it's in and the replacement installed. I will be able to get an exact weight and go from there.

Nathan

This could prove expensive. I can buy a brand new socket 939 MoBo for £45 so it might not be worth it, and some second hand ones can be picked up on evilbay for half that...

But I will wait and see what you can do the shipping for first before deciding. There isn't any rush though as I've built the original owner of the dead 939 system a completely new PC now (using the old case), so the 939 board will be mainly for me to utilise the AMD64 CPU and ram I now have lying here doing nothing.

I don't know how much shipping will truly cost, let me finish putting this new system together and box up the old board, weigh it in packing and then get a quote from the Post Office. If it's too much, then there's nothing that can be done. However, I seriously doubt shipping will be super high.

Nathan

*edit* - Okay since there aren't any manuals or items like that, if I can get the weight down to 4 pounds I can small flat package it, which will cost $12.95 USD which would keep the cost down to 32.95 USD or 20 Pounds approximately, do you want me to see if I can do that for you? If I can't get the weight down to 4 pounds the price rises exponentially and becomes price prohibitive to ship to the UK.

Good news. The motherboard only weighs two pounds in a box, so with packing material I should be able to keep it under 4 pounds. Let me get a box from the post office and try to see if I can keep the weight within 4 pounds while stuffing the box full of peanuts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom