PDA

View Full Version : Sold Silver Surfer

Nathanieltolbert
30th April 2012, 23:47
Hello everyone,

I found this while helping Ed collect up all of the Amiga items he has left that he wants to sell. At first glance I thought it was some sort of clockport expander for serial devices. Turns out I was right, but according to the materials in the package with the little device, it's a Silver Surfer? It appears to have everything that normally comes with one of these. Strangely it was stuffed in a jiffy bag, so I'm guessing the Individual Computer boxes came later than this did? Ed said he never used it. It has the disk, the folded instruction sheet, and what appears to be an extension for the serial cable.

Asking price is 35 USD plus shipping. We will ship internationally, but please understand that this has been with Ed for more than 3 years, and as such there is a distinct possibility that customs will charge for it. Please take a look at the pictures below, and if there are any questions, I will do my best to answer them. Thank you for looking and have a wonderful day!

rkauer
1st May 2012, 02:55
Interested pending postage!

Nathanieltolbert
1st May 2012, 04:17
because it's so light it shouldn't weigh more than a half a pound packaged which gives a first class shipping cost of 8.18 or it can be flat rate expressed for 16.95. So shipping isn't terrible, it's just a matter of how much customs will want to charge.

rkauer
3rd May 2012, 00:27
I forgot you are in USA, Nate...

The main problem will be the customs on my side. They are overcharging everything that comes from UK and USA with no mercy.

And R$68,00 (~US$35.36) over everything will make the device way too expensive to my budget. That and the import taxes...

Too bad I had to withdrawn my interest.

Nathanieltolbert
5th May 2012, 15:53
I understand. Still available for sale then.

jarob
5th May 2012, 16:27
I interested. PM send.

Nathanieltolbert
5th May 2012, 17:32
PM responded to.

jarob
5th May 2012, 20:05
I sent the money.

Nathanieltolbert
5th May 2012, 21:33
Payment received. I will ship on Monday thanks to our post offices new short hours on Saturday.

Nathanieltolbert
7th May 2012, 18:37
I'm afraid this will be delayed. Last night during some pretty bad storms rolling through the area, our Sump Pump in the basement failed. We had approximately 2 inches of water fill the basement. We managed to get all of the electronics that were on the floor up and out before the water got too deep, but it looks like I may loose, My IIgs monitor, my 1941, 1438S and a couple old SVGA CRT's including the first PC monitor I purchased, an old Mag Innovision. I have pictures of how bad the water is, but I didn't think anyone would really want to see the pictures. All of my Amiga computers are fine as they were all off the floor. But I am trying to salvage the Timex Sinclair that was on the floor as well as a couple of rare PC machines like the Dual Socket Gateway 2000 P5-120, and my Beige G3 Mac Tower. I have to meet the insurance adjuster later today to look at the room and inspect all of the utilities in the basement, the AC, the Water Heat, and the Washer and Dryer to confirm there is no permanent damage. We also have to have the roof check as it appears we have taken some serious damage and it will likely have to be replaced. But I will get this shipped as soon as I can, and I do apologize for the inconvenience I have caused.

Regards,

Nathan

Nathanieltolbert
10th May 2012, 04:18
I have shipped your card. It will be arriving as soon as possible. The post office doesn't give estimates for delivery any more on international delivery, they say it can take between 5-10 Business days. Please let me know when you get it? Thanks!

Regards,

Nathan

jarob
22nd May 2012, 22:09
On Saturday, I received an item of post.
Thank you!

Regards

Nathanieltolbert
24th May 2012, 15:04
Excellent! I am glad to hear it got there safely.

-edit- I have left feedback for the sell.