Rating - 100%
232   0   0
Country
Greece
Region
Corfu
Hello Chums

I have for your perusal here another Amibay Exclusive,
May I present the TC Hot-rodded BBC Model B Deluxe in Mint condition.

There is not a mark or hint of yellowing on the case & the function key strip is almost new.
It really looks like it was just pulled out of the box.

It's an Issue 7 (final board) with the cool running Video Processor & in superb condition, see pic.

It is also fitted with a 1770 WDC Disk Controller which is a cut above the std 8271 and means this Beeb will run quite happily with std PC 3.5" floppy drives too.
As well as Double Density Support, it also gives the User Full Access to any Disc filing system including DFS & ADFS (both included)

64K RAM you ask, Well the system has 32K RAM as std but I have modified the board and added 32K Sideways RAM as Banks F & B. similar use as to the Master series.

The mainboard also has the std 16K MOS ROM but a custom 64K ROM in addition that holds.

1 Acorn Basic 2
2 Acorn 1770 DFS 2.26, includes form & verify & support for 3.5" drives
3 Acorn ADFS 1.30, read & write Master and Arc Discs.
4 Beebaid V1.01 --- For Sideways RAM Housekeeping + more very useful tools

5. Also Included an Official Acorn View Word processing Rom including Function Keystrip. -- Strip is in perfect condition.

So in total 96K ROM firmware out of the box.

And...............you can still have 2 Empty ROM sockets left for whatever else you would like to plug in...which will accept 16K,32K & 64K Roms as std...

This upgrade is non obtrusive & invisible, it does not use any xtra boards.

As a big Plus this machine also has a ZIF socket mounted on the front which allows you to quickly swap Sideways Roms, it has been modified with extra addressing to accept 16K/32K Roms, ie 1 or 2 banks visible at the same time.

The Power Supply has been fully refurbished as has the whole machine & all ports tested except UHF output..

Resource CD also included with Software, Tools & Manuals.

Asking £76 UKP & p&p of £6 via p2g, sorry but EU only.
Buyer to pay Fees or paypal gift.

Any questions please fire away... With Sideways Ram Capability, 64K Sideways Rom support, Quick swap ZIF socket and the 1770 Disc Disc Controller, this is one of the Most Powerful & Cleanest Beebs you will Find. :laugh:

TC :-D

Attachments

• Beeb1.jpg
    Beeb1.jpg
    172.7 KB · Views: 0
  • Beeb2.jpg
    Beeb2.jpg
    180.9 KB · Views: 0
  • Beeb3.jpg
    Beeb3.jpg
    221.4 KB · Views: 0
  • Beeb4.jpg
    Beeb4.jpg
    172.3 KB · Views: 0
  • Beeb5.jpg
    Beeb5.jpg
    170.4 KB · Views: 0
  • Beeb6.jpg
    Beeb6.jpg
    176.5 KB · Views: 0
Erm, not intrested, just a question.

what is the difference of "Caps Lock" and "Shift lock" that i see on the micro?:)

Erm, not intrested, just a question.

what is the difference of "Caps Lock" and "Shift lock" that i see on the micro?:)

Caps Lock just sets the system to upper or lower Case Alphabet.
ShiftLock sets the system to always produce shifted keys without holding the Shift down.

TC :cool:

Caps lock locks caps. You can still type numbers. Shift lock locks the shift key, meaning pressing 1 will get you an exclamation mark.

Damn, beaten to it :D. Where's the 'delete post' button :picard

Now includes free BBC RGB Scart Lead for LCD / CRT TV or monitors, also suitable for 1084

What is the shipping cost to Greece?

Hi there

Royal mail parcel force, via parcel2go would Like £27+vat.
Its a reliable service as I regularly send to my daughter in Thessaloniki using this service.

Of course the system would be well packed to survive the trip.

What is the shipping cost to Greece?

Hi there

Royal mail parcel force, via parcel2go would Like £27+vat.
Its a reliable service as I regularly send to my daughter in Thessaloniki using this service.

Of course the system would be well packed to survive the trip.

Wow nearly read that as "I regularly send my daughter to Thessaloniki using this service.". :roll:

Shame I'm spent up for a while. I would snap this up. a very clean looking BBC.

I have no experience with the BBC apart from my school days :) as we couldnt afford one so we got a dragon 32 and then a C64 instead.

PM'ing questions before I express interest - so until I post again, anyone who wants this is in front of me .....

just wanted to ask i love your screen what make and model is it as i am soon to be in the market of looking for a new tv for myself.

just wanted to ask i love your screen what make and model is it as i am soon to be in the market of looking for a new tv for myself.

It's an elcheapo no brand currys make, has real RGB input as well as just about anything else, and displays everything I throw at it...

It's an elcheapo no brand currys make, has real RGB input as well as just about anything else, and displays everything I throw at it...

nice it seems to have a nice clear picture on it. I have a Wharfdale HDTV and i hate it. Not only does the sound not owkr right and i need to plug it into speakers but i just dont like the picture it gives me. Time to do some shopping i think.

@z3, All done my friend and tested, Works Superb (y)

Have used a Quality 5V @ 1 Amp DC Adapter and soldered the Floppy psu header directly so it provides good contact & reliability.
The PSU didn't hint at even getting warm after 1 hrs use ;)

The Drive is a Mitsumi HD PC Drive which I have modified for permanent DD operation so you don't need to worry about covering the hole on HD discs.
The Cable is a straight 34 way cable with correct 1 pin ID with a slight twist added to identify the PC drive as Drive 0 & 2 for the Acorn DFS system.

There are 3 double sided floppies included which hold the BBC Disk System Welcome programs & utilities & some extra games as requested....

Of course the Resource CD should keep you busy for hours...:p

Let us know if you are happy to proceed & I will pack the system & send it to you this week....

TC ;)

Attachments

• Modded Floppy.jpg
    Modded Floppy.jpg
    171.7 KB · Views: 0
  • CompleteSystem.jpg
    CompleteSystem.jpg
    187.6 KB · Views: 0
More than happy... PM Sent

Payment now made - Thanks for the deal, info and sorting me out with a floppy drive m8.

AMIBAY - Please welcome your newest Beeb Owner ;)

Last edited:
Hey Welcome to the club (y)

Payment received too, it's been a pleasure and I hope we have some more Beeb fun too.

TC :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom