PDA

View Full Version : Found Amiga 1000 Expansion Module

azdbacker
5th May 2012, 22:49
Hi all!

I'm looking to replace my faulty 256k expansion module in my Up Scope video game. It runs on an Amiga 1000 motherboard and I have narrowed it down to this part. Please PM me if you have one to sell. Thanks!

quarkx
5th May 2012, 23:25
I know I got an extra one somewhere, let me look, you can have it for shipping costs only.
PM you now.

azdbacker
6th May 2012, 13:37
I would really appreciate that. I can't PM yet until I do one more post though...

davideo
6th May 2012, 13:46
I would really appreciate that. I can't PM yet until I do one more post though...

Which you've now done or you could introduce yourself here http://www.amibay.com/forumdisplay.php?f=103

Dave G :cool:

azdbacker
6th May 2012, 14:21
That's funny. I guess I'm a full member now :)

Here are the pictures of the module as an FYI.

Thanks!

save2600
6th May 2012, 14:32
Wow - never heard of an arcade game running an A1000 motherboard. Even KLOV thinks there's an A500 in there, but since the machine was released in '86 - no way. Cool game! Reminds me of Sea Wolf.

http://www.arcade-museum.com/game_detail.php?game_id=10271

salaxi54
6th May 2012, 21:30
Have you tried running it with just the onboard 256k of the A1000?
I mean, what has persuaded you that it's the expansion's problem?

tbtorro
6th May 2012, 21:40
I'm selling a brand new module here:

http://www.amibay.com/showthread.php?t=28825

azdbacker
6th May 2012, 22:38
The game actually starts and runs without it. The text is perfect but any graphics are garbage. If I re-install the module, the game never starts. The red light on the motherboard blinks a few times and then there is a long blink and the monitor shows white then yellow backgrounds.

If there are other steps that I can take to narrow it down, let me know because I have ZERO Amiga skills whatsoever and I'm at the mercy of the forum collective genius :)

azdbacker
25th May 2012, 03:21
A replacement module did the trick. Now if I can just get my hands on an inside pic of the coindoor, my life would be perfect!!

quarkx
25th May 2012, 03:35
A replacement module did the trick. Now if I can just get my hands on an inside pic of the coindoor, my life would be perfect!!

Fantastic!, I wish I could help there also, but other than in pictures, I have never seen one of those machines in person.:p

Please post some photos of the unit!

rkauer
25th May 2012, 04:03
And if you can, grab an image of the ROM adapter! That's a game that is not in the Amiga databases and will be awesome to have a play on it!

azdbacker
25th May 2012, 14:11
How do I close the thread since I'm all set or do I even need to?

---------- Post added at 06:11 ---------- Previous post was at 06:10 ----------

And if you can, grab an image of the ROM adapter! That's a game that is not in the Amiga databases and will be awesome to have a play on it!

Would that be the daughterboard? Harrison already has some really good pics of it in another thread. If you still want me to snap some shots, I will though. Let me know.

johnim
25th May 2012, 15:07
hi feedback needs giving and then can be closed

quarkx
25th May 2012, 15:47
Feedback has been left by both of us.