i need to find some original xbox cables

power
audio/video (do they do a vga cable?)
2 x controllers

anyone have any of this stuff?

thanks, Justin

scrappysphinx
6th May 2012, 11:39
Hi Justin, I should have an av cable and a spare black controller. Power cable is just a standard figure 8 matey but if you don't have one I'm sure i've got one of those too. Give me 10 mins and I'll check and post a pic.

There is no VGA cable for the original Xbox but it can be hacked in. There are various guides around on how to do it.

Justin
6th May 2012, 11:48
thanks mike:)

how about s-video?

scrappysphinx
6th May 2012, 12:04
This is what i've found in working box of spares.

1x AV cable
1x official Xbox controller (The original larger one)
1x Gamester Lotus racing wheel controller.

All of these items work and i do have a power cable too if you need it.
The lotus wheel is obviously mainly suited to racing games and as it lacks the right thumb stick it may not be any good for other types of games.

S-Video is available for the xbox and a cable can be found on the other bay here (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Digital-RGB-Scart-AV-S-Video-Cable-Original-Xbox-NEW-/140553966662?pt=UK_Video_Games_Cables_and_Adaptors&hash=item20b9ab5446#ht_500wt_1054) (BIN).

Or i also found a little box in my untested spares.

It has connections on for the AV/Component/S-Video but as i say its untested so i have no idea if it works. I could test the AV connectors if you want me to but i don't have the cables for the component/s-video.

If you would like any of this lot then there yours for p&p cost only

TheCorfiot
6th May 2012, 12:05
@Justin

Would you like a mod chipped XBox ?;)
Includes Official 2 Controllers, DVD Remote & RGB Scart AV Cable, Power cable (& 40GB HD with XBMC etc)

TC :cool:

Justin
6th May 2012, 12:21
Hi Mike,

thank you for that, please PM me your details so i can send you some pennies!!

thank you very much:D

This is what i've found in working box of spares.

1x AV cable
1x official Xbox controller (The original larger one)
1x Gamester Lotus racing wheel controller.

All of these items work and i do have a power cable too if you need it.
The lotus wheel is obviously mainly suited to racing games and as it lacks the right thumb stick it may not be any good for other types of games.

S-Video is available for the xbox and a cable can be found on the other bay here (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Digital-RGB-Scart-AV-S-Video-Cable-Original-Xbox-NEW-/140553966662?pt=UK_Video_Games_Cables_and_Adaptors&hash=item20b9ab5446#ht_500wt_1054) (BIN).

Or i also found a little box in my untested spares.

It has connections on for the AV/Composite/S-Video but as i say its untested so i have no idea if it works. I could test the AV connectors if you want me to but i don't have the cables for the component/s-video.

If you would like any of this lot then there yours for p&p cost only

---------- Post added at 12:09 ---------- Previous post was at 12:08 ----------

@Justin

Would you like a mod chipped XBox ?;)
Includes Official 2 Controllers, DVD Remote & RGB Scart AV Cable (& 40GB HD with XBMC etc)

i just bought a pre-modded console at the car boot this morning m8:thumbsup:

---------- Post added at 12:21 ---------- Previous post was at 12:09 ----------

pennies sent to scrappysphinx:thumbsup:

still looking for a few controllers:)

ta

ShambleS1980
6th May 2012, 13:07
i will have a look at what i have in my "To be repiared box" but i dont think i have much of any thing left when it comes to controllers.
but you can get ther prety darn cheap on the other bay if you look hard enough "new 3rd party"

scrappysphinx
6th May 2012, 13:12
I think these (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2x-CONTROLLER-JOYPAD-GAMEPAD-MICROSOFT-XBOX-Dual-SCHOCK-/360452813899?pt=UK_Controllers_Attachments&hash=item53eca9744b) are the new 3rd party ones shambles is talking about

Justin
6th May 2012, 13:16
thanks guys, i'll PM the seller for the price of 3 :D

r0jaws
6th May 2012, 13:30
xBox Component cables are well worth it if you can get your hands on one. You'll be able to get 720p if you fiddle with the settings in XBMC.

scrappysphinx
6th May 2012, 13:32
@r0jaws, the breakout box i am sending Justin (see pic above) has component out on it so he can try component if it works and he wishes.

Justin
6th May 2012, 13:38
anyone know anything about these?

X-ecuter2.1 Lite

it seems i have one installed, but not clue as to how to use it or what it can do:oops:

scrappysphinx
6th May 2012, 13:47
Its a modchip matey, main features are that it allows booting of all region discs and provides the ability to use any hard drive without needing to lock the drive. Is there a bank of switches on the front? One should enable/disable the chip another should switch banks on the modchip (if it supports multiple bios). To use it all you have to do is boot the xbox with the chip enabled and it will boot all regions discs if working correctly.

*EDIT*

Have a look here (http://www.xbox-scene.com/modchips3b_table.htm) for a list of features and a comparison of other chips

Zetr0
6th May 2012, 14:21

X-ecuter2.1 Lite

it seems i have one installed, but not clue as to how to use it or what it can do:oops:

only the best modchip for the XBox =)

yeah I know the X3 is available - but the X2.1 is the best of the lot IMHO =)

Justin
6th May 2012, 14:26
great link, thanks Mike:)

---------- Post added at 14:26 ---------- Previous post was at 14:26 ----------

X-ecuter2.1 Lite

only the best modchip for the XBox =)

yeah I know the X3 is available - but the X2.1 is the best of the lot IMHO =)

wooohoooo! lucky me then lol

is 80gb the standard hard drive size?

Zetr0
6th May 2012, 14:35
LOL,

No, 20GB is - your HDD has been upgraded!

Without knowing the BIOS version your Xecutor you are safe for upto 300GB

I humbly recomend XBMC as desktop replacement - its a lot more evolved than the rest of them - (no you dont have to watch media) It helps organizes and can span resources to one tag - like Games / Emulators etc!

Justin
6th May 2012, 14:37
LOL,

I humbly recomend XBMC as desktop replacement - its a lot more evolved than the rest of them - (no you dont have to watch media) It helps organizes and can span resources to one tag - like Games / Emulators etc!

i need to be able to power it up and hook it to a screen before i can find out:picard

scrappysphinx
6th May 2012, 14:37
LOL,

Actually standard hard disk size is either 8 or 10gb in the original xbox :lol:

Zetr0
6th May 2012, 14:46
I could of swore the latter rev 1.6c's were shipped with 20GB units =)

scrappysphinx
6th May 2012, 14:51
I've never found an original xbox with a 20gb hdd that hadn't been opened, could be wrong though and just never encountered the 1.6c lol
The original xbox 360's came with either a 256mb memory card or a 20gb sata hdd
Wiki article (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xbox) says 8 or 10gb (partitioned and formatted to 8gb)

TheCorfiot
6th May 2012, 15:05
Mike is of course correct, 8 to 10 GB drives are the std :nuts:

r0jaws
6th May 2012, 16:12
@r0jaws, the breakout box i am sending Justin (see pic above) has component out on it so he can try component if it works and he wishes.

So it has I didn't look TBH. :oops:

You're all set buddy, the xBox is a cracking system when chipped and with XBMC. Huge collection of emulators, and other handy software makes it great all round machine.

ShambleS1980
6th May 2012, 17:34
x3 is better than the x2 but the x2 is perfect for all purpouses. the earlier x2 bioses arent the best though as they dont get the partition data from the drive.
the only thing that makes the x3 better would be the x3 bios which can only be used on a x3.. but having said that to me its no big whoop either.

as for the hdd's 10gb is the most common size you find, and then there are the 8gb, the 10gb are partitioned off to 8gb for some strange reason. so some stock xboxes can gain 2 gb of space simply by modding via chip or softmod and using xbpartitoner.

anything above 60gb in hard disk space lets you install coinops if you want that. its a decent emulaqtion system for lots of consoles. although probably a bit hard to find if you want the latest version "coin ops 4" having said that i have had all the versions of coinops and tbh i dont see much of a diference between coinops2 and 3 and for that the only major diference i notice on 4 is the boot screen, although i am assured a lot of tweaks were made.

its a decent 1 hit app for your xbox.
i also like CDX. that runs from dvd and also emulates a whole bunch of systems.
I have re worked it to work off of hard disk but one of my other forums where i upload files too have been having issues with transfers, so it looks like i have to download opera to be able to upload it there but i should do that tonight or some time soon anyway.

oh and a final note about the dashboard..
i recomend using unleash-x rather than XBMC. its just better as a maindash..
you have more configurable managment of your system, everything is laid out in a nice simple layout. ftp transfers work better after you fiddle with the max user count, and xbmc can be loaded with 1 click straight from the dash.
it also lets you switch dashboards simply by chosing the one you want as default. xbmc woyuld have you configure a load of junk for the same features.
And of course.. not using xbmc as your main dash means you can regularly update it and if something happens to go wrong you still have your main dash.

Bad_Ad84
6th May 2012, 18:21
The original xboxes were 8GB. 8GB is all they were ever supposed to be.

It was then cheaper to get 10GB drives than 8GB drives - so 10's were put in and partitioned to 8.

No mystery and no voodoo :)

Also, I second Unleash-X. XBMC isnt a dash

scrappysphinx
6th May 2012, 21:33
Packaged posted by collect+ and i've already dropped it at the shop.
Tracking details pm'd to Justin

Justin
8th May 2012, 12:07
thanks Mike:)

i have another question........

can i install my "original discs" to play directly from my hard drive?

ShambleS1980
8th May 2012, 12:27
yes. theres a small app called dvd2xbox, it will rip them directly from the disk to your xbox, just dont tell it to do it as an iso.

-=edit to add=-

the iso feature is so you can extract the game as an iso then ftp it to your pc so you have a back up on the pc.
for all general purpouses thogh you just tell it to rip the game to your hard disk, and then play it from there.

usualy goes to E:\games\game name\
or f:\games\game name
Depending on the space available and needed.

Justin
8th May 2012, 12:28
brill! thanks buddy :)

yes. theres a small app called dvd2xbox, it will rip them directly from the disk to your xbox, just dont tell it to do it as an iso.

-=edit to add=-

the iso feature is so you can extract the game as an iso then ftp it to your pc so you have a back up on the pc.
for all general purpouses thogh you just tell it to rip the game to your hard disk, and then play it from there.

usualy goes to E:\games\game name\
or f:\games\game name
Depending on the space available and needed.

Justin
11th May 2012, 09:52
stuff recieved and feedback left:)

thanks again Mike:thumbsup:

scrappysphinx
11th May 2012, 09:53
Glad you're happy Justin
Feedback returned.

Justin
21st May 2012, 13:47
still hunting for some controllers:thumbsup:

Justin
12th July 2012, 19:13
found some at a car boot so all is well :)