AmiBay has migrated to phpbb3

Harrison

Country
UK
Region
West Sussex
Existing members will probably instantly notice AmiBay has undergone a makeover. The site has been brought into the 21st century and is now running on phpbb3.

This gives many new features to members as well as staff.

I hope you all like the new look and updates site. A few visual tweaks will continue to be made in the coming days, but nothing drastic.

Feel free to post comments.

Re: AmiBay has migrated to phpbb3

Wow all i can say is I LOVE IT

Brilliant job Harrison the site is nicer to work with / seems more responsive all hail Phpbb3 8)

Fantastic work Harrison, I am gobsmacked...

Merlin

!!!AWESOME!!!

Well Hard! :mrgreen:

Out comes the RUNNY HONEY!!!! :wink: :eek: :wink:

Very Nice, lovely all round!

[edited] Because I found what I was looking for, sorry!

hmm.
phpBB3.

Is it easy to get the username and stuff onto the right hand side of the page? I don't really like the default left hand side setup which i got when I installed phpBB3.

Not sure what advantages version 3 has over 2, but it looks nice. Well done to whoever set it up :)

I think the prosilver style has user info on the right hand side.

Have you explored in here?

steve30 said:
Is it easy to get the username and stuff onto the right hand side of the page? I don't really like the default left hand side setup which i got when I installed phpBB3.

As meega said, just try out some different templates. Some have the username section laid out to the right of posts. Everything is controlled from the template files so it is quite straight forward to edit them and move page content around. It is all in html and css.

Not sure what advantages version 3 has over 2, but it looks nice.

There are a lot of advantages over version 2. The feature set has expanded dramatically. Introducing many features missing from version 2 that have already been commonplace in most other forum software for a couple of years now. The admin panel has also expanded greatly and now includes many settings and features that were badly missing in the older version. Some improvements include better control over membership groups and permissions. A built in warning system, image verification for registration and other security additions.

Any administrator used to version 2 will quickly spot the similar features from the older version, but everything has been rejigged and expanded to make it all much easier and nicer to setup, administer and use. phpbb2 was quite a basic feature limited forum solution, whereas version 3 has suddenly brought phpbb up to date, making it polished, easy to setup and easy to use.

Well done to whoever set it up :)

Cheers Steve! ;) :LOL:

I'm glad to see we've had a successful migration and I do like the new look, I'll have to go on holiday ore often. :D All seems very responsive too - well done to all concerned in the port over.

@Dazzy

I would like to fully blame Harrison for that.... ;)

Back
Top Bottom