PDA

View Full Version : Closed NTSC Atari 1040 STf (spares/repairs)

quarkx
12th May 2012, 17:49
Hi All after just 4 days of "tinkering" with this unit, I am selling it off, as I have no time to invest in this unit. For complete photos see the Have you played Atari today thread.

For sale is an NTSC Atari 1040 ST f. (No tv modulator). It powers up to a grey screen, and the floppy clicks.
I have gone through it a bit and cleaned it. I just scrubbed down the top shell and gave the keyboard a half-decent cleaning. I have not cleaned the bottom, or cleaned all the motherboard, just blew off the dust.
There are a few (3) case screws missing.
The unit is yellowed and needs retr0brite.

Now, I was reading the instruction sheet of the monitor switchbox. it said that if the Atari's hooked up to it WERE NOT the "M"s (with the modulators) then it would get just audio only, so this COULD be the issue with this machine. I don't know, I don't know anyone here with a Atari Monitor to try it.
This unit comes with nothing, but the unit itself. No Cables, mouse books etc.
I am asking $60 USD including shipping to USA and Canada (what I got into it).
WW shipping will be expensive but doable.
Even though I will try to help if I can, this is sold AS IS were is with no refunds or exchanges Yada yada.

this will also be offered locally, but I wanted to give you guys first dibs on it.

quarkx
14th May 2012, 16:58
final price reduction before selling locally, I will loose a bit, but if someone has a monitor and ants to give it a shot...
I will be listing it local in 2 days

thgill
16th May 2012, 05:10
Declaring interest.

Sending PM.

Brian
16th May 2012, 05:34
Looks like I might be able to declare interest after all. 2nd in line...

quarkx
16th May 2012, 13:29
Reseved for thgill for the next 3 days.:shhh:

thgill
17th May 2012, 01:58
Found one from a local person, so I am going to pass on this.

quarkx
17th May 2012, 02:01
ok, no problem, the ball is in Brian's court now, awaiting pm from him

quarkx
19th May 2012, 15:43
Brain hasn't replied here or by PM so it is still up for grabs

quarkx
29th May 2012, 06:32
Mods, please close this thread, it has been sold locally.