JLPedro

AmiBayer
Rating - 100%
135   0   0
Country
Portugal
Region
Coimbra
Looking for a vga passthrough cable for a voodoo2 (or a Voodoo 2 12MB with cable), or better any voodoo3 PCI.

Thanks for looking, Jorge Pedro.

Re: 3dfx

I have an unboxed Creative Labs Voodoo 2 card here. Part # CT6670.
It has a Passthrough cable & an SLI cable attatched. No Driver disk though.

Can't find reference to this card to know if it's 8Mb or 12Mb? - 12 identical chips on each side of the card, so 12 x 0.5Mb x 2 = 12Mb?? - Just guessing.

Do ya want me to make sure shes still alive?

Kin

*edit* - Downloaded the Gold 4 Drivers & she still works. I expect it's a bug in the software, but clicking on the System Info TAB on the 3DFV2-1000 TAB, it's garbled messed up text saying nothing. The Animation is working fine though. I expect it's an XP thing....[attachment=0:3cj4ooo0]3DFxSystemInfo.PNG[/attachment:3cj4ooo0]

Attachments

• 3DFxTAB.PNG
    3DFxTAB.PNG
    8.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 3DFxSystemInfo.PNG
    3DFxSystemInfo.PNG
    3.8 KB · Views: 0

@ Kin

I'm interested in the card, if you can test it the better, just PM Your total with shipping to Portugal and paypal fees.
I think 8MB version doesn't have memory chips on the back.

:thanks: , Jorge Pedro

I Installed VoodooLights screensaver & had a blue screen of death. Was able to select Glide3 so it shoulda been okay. The preview window was animated so I can only guess it's an XP thing with nVidia drivers already as the main display. It was working fine in WinSE98 PC it came from. I've attatched a couple of pics for you to consider. Also, do you want the VGA Pass through cable as well?

PM me your deets please. :thanks:

Kin

Attachments

• DSC01210.JPG
    DSC01210.JPG
    143 KB · Views: 1
  • DSC01211.JPG
    DSC01211.JPG
    148.3 KB · Views: 0

Yes the VGA Pass through cable also please! I have a 12mb voodoo2 that doesn't play anything , except from some seconds of Quake 2 and then texture corruption and crash. The only thing I don't have is the original VGA Pass through cable, I'm using a standard vga extention, with I think is the problem...

Pm You with my info.

@Kin: as reference for identifying the board, did you checked wikipedia?

@JLP: with 2 Voodoo2 in SLI mode you'll get best performance possible of the set. Enough graphical power to run even Doom3! :shock:

@rkauer
I'l be more than happy to get 1 working :thumbsup2: , sli would be a great bonus but not really a must.
Really like to play Screamer Rally and other 3dfx only tiltles, have a Pentium 233MMx 64MB and S3 Virge 4MB waiting for a working 3dfx... (missing my Diamond monster 3dfx 1 and a Powercolor voodoo2 I sould way back... :banghead: ).

@ rkauer

Wiki doesn't really help, but thanks anyhow.

This is defintely a 12Mb card. The 8Mb card has 8 chips missing, so technically, this is a working 12Mb Card. :)

@ JLPedro

I'll get a quote on the shipping later today & PM you the deets. (y)
Still gotta find the VGA pass-through. It's here, ....somewhere!? :Doh:

Kin

Payment recieved. :D

The Post Office will have it tommorow. I will PM you shipping deets as soon as I have them. (y)

Kin

Posted. You should have it in four working days. We have a Bank Holiday in the UK on Monday next week, so I'm hoping it clears the UK before this date. Dunno if the rest of Europe have a Holiday on Monday? - I reckon Thursday at the latest.

Let me know when you have her. (y)

Kin

Card arrived today! Tested working fine on Opengl 3dfx, still have to test Glide games with more time, but card works fine :thumbsup2: .

:thanks:

Excellent stuff. That was a fast Delivery to Portugal for First Class Royal Mail. - In one piece too! :bowdown:

Feedback left, enjoy. :D

Kin

Yes i was amazed to :wooha: ! Thanks again, and feedback left too.

Thread can now be closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom