Confused retro man
VIP
Rating - 100%
503   0   0
Country
UK
Region
Nottingham
Hi All, well my Crystal Xbox console has packed up is and giving me an error 9 (kernel - HDD parameters (PIO/DMA/or size {debug}, certain size minimum is required for debug).

I have followed advice of trying a new HDD but gives same error.
I then changed the IDE cable and still the same error.
As a last resort (before switching the motherboard) i swapped out the DVD drive from a working black machine and the crystal booted perfectly.
To confirm that the DVD drive is faulty i put it in the working black console and it gave me error 9.
Therefore i think i've definately pinpointed the DVD as being faulty so am on the lookout for a new one.
Don't need bezel, cables or plastic surround, just the drive in a working condition.
Don't care what brand as it won't be used much as games are stored on the HDD and Movies are streamed through network so let me know if you have one.

Thanks guys

Mike

Re: wanted: DVD Drive for Original XBOX Console

Hi Dreamy, yeah i know llama sells them but i'm in the UK so cost of drive plus shipping would kill it. I found a few online retailers but most are either looking for astronomical amounts of money for such an old product (that is usually refurbished rather than new) are out of stock or are located outside the UK.
I am just looking for a cheap drive or even broken console (i'm watching a few faulty's on Ebay) that i can rip the drive out of.

Mike

Re: wanted: DVD Drive for Original XBOX Console

I have one or two Xbox 1 DVD drives in black, Mike.

Let me dig one out and find out what the postage will be.

(y)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom