Maybe i bricked my e-matrix.

status

AmiBayer
Country
Heraklion
Region
Crete
I replaced the 40mhz oscillator with a 80mhz oscillator and now the amiga wont boot with the accelarator card on.

Maybe i burned a capacitor?

---------- Post added at 14:39 ---------- Previous post was at 14:39 ----------

*please move it to amioracle:*

Might I suggest you provide a photo of the board? If you're looking for assistance, you might need to provide a little more detail than just one sentence.

:LOL:

Ouch!
Maybe worth trying to get another 40mhz, or even lower would be fine for testing? none the less at such a high speed the card would just lock up, damage, well you wont know till you try a lower xtal...

Might I suggest you provide a photo of the board? If you're looking for assistance, you might need to provide a little more detail than just one sentence.

:LOL:

It's just simple as that, the card doesn't have any visible damage:\

Ouch!
Maybe worth trying to get another 40mhz, or even lower would be fine for testing? none the less at such a high speed the card would just lock up, damage, well you wont know till you try a lower xtal...

I tried to find oscillators here but to no avail, now searching the interwebz

You are an Amibayer. so have access to recycle bin, I think user LTAC has a few free xtals in there.
Failing that a quick wanted ad will yield quick results...

You are an Amibayer. so have access to recycle bin, I think user LTAC has a few free xtals in there.
Failing that a quick wanted ad will yield quick results...

Thank you very much, i have forgot about it:)

Why not just put the original crystal back in.

You said it was working with 40MHz, then you changed to 80MHz.
If it doesnt boot, then put the original back to try it.

I have same card, with a FP 030. It will not clock faster than 40MHz.
If you have a ceramic type cpu then you may be able to clock it faster.

You can get almost any oscillator at DigiKey, plus damn near any electronic component there is; I get small (2 to 5) items from them all the time. READ their instructions on how to search -- hint, you can't just "Google" it

The point is that i replaced the original oscillator and now the card wont boot, and as far as i know the oscilators are polarity agnostic.:\

---------- Post added at 13:12 ---------- Previous post was at 13:11 ----------

You can get almost any oscillator at DigiKey, plus damn near any electronic component there is; I get small (2 to 5) items from them all the time. READ their instructions on how to search -- hint, you can't just "Google" it

Already ordered for a user in here, thanks anyway!:]

sadly i think you have killed the cpu by running it at 80mhz even if you put a 40mhz oscilator in there i doubt it will work again.

actually,ive got to ask.why would you put a 80mhz oscilator in this card anyway?

To be fair, i have my a500+ but the seal is on...so it's a no go.!

Aren't you worried about battery leakage then? Every Amiga I get, first thing I do is tear off the seal and make sure the machine is in good shape!

The point is that i replaced the original oscillator and now the card wont boot, and as far as i know the oscilators are polarity agnostic.:\

Yes, but if you have the original there, simply putting it back in will show if the card is still working.
Pointless, hunting high and low for a crystal you have the original known working one there.

Try it, if the card works, you know it just doesnt like being run that fast.
Doubt you will kill it, I have messed with mine loads of times without it dying.

Aren't you worried about battery leakage then? Every Amiga I get, first thing I do is tear off the seal and make sure the machine is in good shape!

I will see to that soon.:)

Yes, but if you have the original there, simply putting it back in will show if the card is still working.
Pointless, hunting high and low for a crystal you have the original known working one there.

Doubt you will kill it, I have messed with mine loads of times without it dying.

Well i will try once again, but i doubt it will work, i hope thou it will..;\

---------- Post added at 15:09 ---------- Previous post was at 14:10 ----------

replaced the original, it doesn't work:\

I will see to that soon.:)

Well i will try once again, but i doubt it will work, i hope thou it will..;\

---------- Post added at 15:09 ---------- Previous post was at 14:10 ----------

replaced the original, it doesn't work:\

Might sound silly, did you put it in the correct way around?

Might sound silly, did you put it in the correct way around?

Yup, with the dot up, i got the same thing, a black screen and a slight hissing sound from the speakers.

Also i used a multimeter on it, analogue:\, and both the slot and the oscilator gives resistance.

Ow, also tried another ram dimm, no difference.

if it helps the the dot or point on the can is pin 1.

please dont use a multimeter to test oscilators when its set to ohms,im begging you.

if it helps the the dot or point on the can is pin 1.

please dont use a multimeter to test oscilators when its set to ohms,im begging you.

The card was without power, on the table, and why is that prohibiting?

Back
Top Bottom