PDA

View Full Version : Closed Amiga RGB to Bmon cable

Mendel
19th May 2012, 17:13
I need a cable that from one end goes to BMON monitor switcher and other end goes to standard amiga rgb out.

Right now I have only the bvision to bmon cable... not very useful :)

Mendel
11th June 2012, 13:44
bump. Please help.

My bmon looks a lot like this one: http://img822.imageshack.us/img822/937/dscf1413y.jpg

I have had it in my shelf since buying it in april! I have cable to connect Bvision to BMON but the whole thing is of course totally useless as it cannot switch to AGA graphics because there is no cable from AGA to BMON. I have cable from indivision to vga but it is solid vga connector directly from indivision that cannot be connected to BMON without maybe some sort of cable cutting and adapter adding that I cannot do.

The BMON I have has been tested two owners ago and since then it has wandered around the globe and nobody can do anything with it.

I could sell the BMON but I have no idea if it even works so can I even sell it with pure heart? Iīm not totally convinced. It may also need some resoldering as there is a part of solder on board that jiggles and wiggles a bit and may not make contact properly.

Thatīs rare amiga hardware for noobs like me :smile:

nikos.rizos
11th June 2012, 14:45
These are the two needed cables for a BMON. I used to have one but not like the one you have. Yours seems like homebrew

If you take a close look at the grey one, its the one that goes to the BMON, you can easily make one yourself. You swap calbes 3 and 10 I think

http://i1236.photobucket.com/albums/ff443/nikos-rizos/BVISION/IMG_0437.jpg

http://i1236.photobucket.com/albums/ff443/nikos-rizos/BVISION/IMG_0431.jpg

Mendel
11th June 2012, 15:22
Many problems.

1) I do not have that gray cable. I have a cable that has same kind of connector in one end, vga out connector in the other end. That I can not connect to BMON.

2) Even if I had that gray cable, I could not connect it to indivision aga because the connector conflicts physically with Bvision. I know someone has been able to physically solder wires directly to indivision but I do not know how to do that.

3) The BMON manual mentions a RGB to BMON cable that I do not have. Theoretically such a cable should be able to be connected from standard amiga rgb out to bmon. I donīt know if anyone has such a cable.

One more possibility is if I forget all about Bvision and use Mediator and Voodoo 3 instead, possibly even with indivision aga mk2 down there below the mediator... in that case I would need TWO cables that would go from voodoo 3 vga out to bmon and from my indi aga mk2 dvi-vga adapter to bmon. I canīt make those cables either. So I have several brickwalls that I am hitting my head to. I have received a tip though that I should contact amigakit.com and I will.

FOL
11th June 2012, 23:28
Many problems.

1) I do not have that gray cable. I have a cable that has same kind of connector in one end, vga out connector in the other end. That I can not connect to BMON.

2) Even if I had that gray cable, I could not connect it to indivision aga because the connector conflicts physically with Bvision. I know someone has been able to physically solder wires directly to indivision but I do not know how to do that.

3) The BMON manual mentions a RGB to BMON cable that I do not have. Theoretically such a cable should be able to be connected from standard amiga rgb out to bmon. I donīt know if anyone has such a cable.

One more possibility is if I forget all about Bvision and use Mediator and Voodoo 3 instead, possibly even with indivision aga mk2 down there below the mediator... in that case I would need TWO cables that would go from voodoo 3 vga out to bmon and from my indi aga mk2 dvi-vga adapter to bmon. I canīt make those cables either. So I have several brickwalls that I am hitting my head to. I have received a tip though that I should contact amigakit.com and I will.

We sell the BMON cable, 10 pin IDC to female VGA connector.
That will then plug into the bmon switch male VGA cable.