Atari ST rom switcher?

Harrison

Country
UK
Region
West Sussex
Do rom switchers exist from the Atari ST? They are commonplace in the Amiga world, especially for the A500, but what about the ST?

I would like to be able to switch my STE from 1.06 to 2.06 roms for compatibility.

Re: Atari ST rom switcher?

from the little I was in atari stuff when I had a falcon (sold it I am too spoiled by amiga) I remember those switchers do exist... now where to get them is another story, atari stuff are way to hard to find IMHO

Atari stuff definitely seems to be getting rarer now than I imagined. With the amount of Amiga hardware around I was quite surprised how little ST stuff can be found. STE's selling for a lot more than Amigas at the moment for example.

I've found some text files about rom switchers, and some very interesting ones. one uses two EPROMs with 4 rom images on them which you can switch between via two switches. Interesting idea. Why hasn't anyone tried that on the Amiga?

Because the size of Amiga ROM?

I think the old 1.3 era ROM switchers can do the job on this other computer(?) if the ROM have the same pinout.

Except ST's use 2 128KB roms, set/called odd and even, or hi and lo. So I don't think Amiga rom switchers would work.

I like the idea of the Eprom solution with 4 TOSes stored on them at once so you can boot into 1.6, 2.06, MultiTOS etc..

Can you provide the used ROM type? I think a pair of ks-switchers can be used in conjunction to achieve the same effect as on the Amiga.

Back
Top Bottom