PDA

View Full Version : Closed A4000T, any spec

bert64
6th June 2012, 12:13
Hi,

I'm looking for an original A4000T unit in good condition, spec isn't important as i have drives, cpu cards, zorro cards etc already and am mostly interested in the aesthetics of a genuine A4000T.

So, would accept a barebones but if you want to sell a full system i'm quite happy to entertain that...

I would much prefer to buy one as close to London (UK) as possible, and would be willing to collect in person if reasonably close... That said, if i have to pay for shipping from afar i'm not totally against the idea.

bert64
7th June 2012, 18:06
Would also be willing to part ex an A4000D in an Ateo 4000 type 2 case (see http://www.amiga-hardware.com/showhardware.cgi?HARDID=1313)...

This isn't a great case, the sides don't fit very well, the 3.5" bays are quite tight if you have a large cpu card and it uses the standard A4000D busboard so no extra slots, however if this doesn't bother you now is a good chance to still have a fully working if somewhat less aesthetically pleasing A4k and some extra cash.

agiman1
15th June 2012, 21:25
Have an excellent condition 4000T Escom, no cpu. But not close to London.

bert64
4th July 2012, 19:38
Bump..

Unfortunately all the A4000T systems i've seen recently, including Agiman's were in the US and shipping quotes have been insane, around 800 dollars or more!

Is there noone in Europe or preferably the UK with an A4000T for sale, or someone in the US who is aware of a cheaper shipping method (even on a boat, or freight shipping on a pallet etc... doesn't matter if it takes a couple of months to arrive!).