Is there a place to get new IDE HDDs bigger than 500GB?

keropi

VIP
Country
Greece
Region
Ioannina
I have difficutlies to find an IDE drive larger than 500GB... where they even produced? I have no idea since I use SATA for so long and never actually payed attention to large IDE drives...
I want to replace my 500GB HDD in my xbox with a bigger one and I prefer not to use a SATA drive with an IDE adaptor...
thanks for any tips (y)

edit: I found up to 750GB HDDs, like the seagate ST3750640A , for 200$ :ROTFLOL2: on eBay surelly the sellers look for victims or something :laugh:

Re: Is there a place to get new IDE HDDs bigger than 500GB?

Total Micro Technologies made a 1tb ide drive but good luck finding one, seagate do a 750gb one i think on newegg. good luck dude

JuvUK

IDE has pretty-much been abandoned by the hard disk manufacturers, in favour of SATA. 500GB disks are the largest sensibly-priced units you're likely to find, as I think that's the largest mass-produced. Larger IDE drives are more of a niche-market, and have price tags to go with it.

I hit the same problem when trying to buy a larger disk for an external IDE caddy I have; it wasn't economical to get anything bigger than 500GB.

You could instead try using an IDE to SATA adaptor, and therefore allow the use of SATA drives on an IDE controller.

They cost around £15-20 so are not too expensive to try.

@Harrison:

yes, there is at least one model of said adaptors that works fine with the XBOX (remember I need it for ps2/xbox usage that are "picky") but I would feel more comfortable with a native IDE drive :whistle: hence my request

Back
Top Bottom