Old Fart
AmiBayer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Country
Czech Republic
Region
Ostrava
Without yellowed stuff is preferred :wink: HW addons are welcome (like more memory for example) or additional 3.5" floppy

Re: WTB : Amiga 500 or 1200

Where abouts are you?

I've got an A500 or a 500+ or even a 1200 but not sure on p&P :roll:

Which would you prefer?

Dave G 8)

I understand that postage can be high, but im not that poor :)
Well i never got A1200 only A500, but i guess i want more A1200, how it looks? no yellowing, does it have some memory upgrades or other upgrades? how much for it :)

I could let you have a plain 1200 for £30.00 + P&P.

Includes power pack, mouse, version 3.0 Roms and Workbench discs & TV lead.

This would then give you the option of building it up to how you wanted it :)

Does that sound ok? Still not sure what postage would be :oops:

Dave G 8)

davideo said:
I could let you have a plain 1200 for £30.00 + P&P.

Includes power pack, mouse, version 3.0 Roms and Workbench discs & TV lead.

This would then give you the option of building it up to how you wanted it :)

Does that sound ok? Still not sure what postage would be :oops:

Dave G 8)

Sounds reasonable, but please try to find postage costs (over royal airmail for example)

No problems - I'll try and find out the cost tomorrow night.

Dave G 8)

I've had a look on the postoffice website and for the life of me I can't seem to work out what the postage would be :cry:

I can tell you that I've been advised that by the time it's parcelled up it's likely to be approx 7.5KG in weight.

Is that any help to you?

Dave G 8)

I did a quick check on Royal Mail for you and it looks like it is going to be expensive!

For a 7.5KG package to the Czech Republic the cheapest would cost:

International Standard Parcelforce - about £61

But I guessed the package dimensions so this could change the price. And this service is delivered in 6-8 days not guaranteed.

If you wanted guaranteed postage then Global Priority with a 4 day delivery guarantee and the package tracked would cost £72, or for Internation Datapost with a 2 day delivery guarantee and the package tracked would cost £115.

Now that is expensive! And I thought postage within the UK was! :(

@All

I think it might be an idea to add so information, perhaps even a thread on shipping companies that deal within europe and the globe at large.

I use these a fair bit

http://www.parcel2go.com/

there very good and VERY quick. and for £20 upto 10KG delivery in Europe there pretty damn cheap too.

I will say that AmiBay does not endorse any shipping or handling company, this is just my personal thoughts :)

I do hope it helps.

[edit]
I will add to this that with parcel2go its always best to try and insure you item if you are posting outside of the UK, this this another company that really offers top rate service is Parcel2Ship.com

I definitely think that having a topic with shipping information and a list of companies is a great idea and one that many could benefit from.

Harrison said:
I did a quick check on Royal Mail for you and it looks like it is going to be expensive!

But I guessed the package dimensions so this could change the price. And this service is delivered in 6-8 days not guaranteed.

If you wanted guaranteed postage then Global Priority with a 4 day delivery guarantee and the package tracked would cost £72, or for Internation Datapost with a 2 day delivery guarantee and the package tracked would cost £115.

Hell alot high price for shipping :LOL: , amigakit want half of that for shipping, what service they use? :)

@spajra

I don't know what service they use but for the money you would save on postage it might be worth your while buying one from them :idea:

Dave G 8)

spajdr said:
Harrison said:

Hell alot high price for shipping :LOL: , amigakit want half of that for shipping, what service they use? :)

Amigakit use fed-ex

I have personally used these guys InterParcel and found them very reasonable and secure (tracking throughout Europe).
It cost me about £25 to ship a CD32, Powerpack, magazines & Games to Germany (came to about 9 Kgs I think).
Plus they picked it up from me direct too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom