PDA

View Full Version : Sold Amiga 1000 C-LTD 50MB Hard Drive and Spare Rodime HD.

matt3k
11th June 2012, 18:23
This product is reserved for Prot88 who is interested in them.

We can use this area for feedback. This is my first time selling anything here, and I hope I don't cause grief to the admins... Let me know if I do.

I'm selling him a C-LTD Amiga 1000 Hard Drive it contains a 50 MB Okidata MFM Hard Disk. Early on C-LTD used MFM Drives and MFM/SCSI adapters. You could bypass the adapter and use a SCSI Drive easy enough.

The 50 MB Drive does work but I give no warrantee or guarantee. The drive is almost 30 years old and it is a miracle that it runs today. See pictures to confirm it's working. I am giving Prot88 an extra Rodime MFM drive, that was given to me from a friend and I have no idea if it works or not. I did put power to the drive and it did spin up, but it may still be defective.

The price is $75 USD including the External Hard Disk, SCSI cable, and a power cord. The Rodime drive is free. We are waiting for the international shipping amount to complete the deal.

History on the drive:
It was purchased in the mid 1980's by a friend of mine. (catalog price was $1,500, a good deal considering the darn thing still runs!). It was used for the USS Republic BBS on an Amiga 1000 until the early 1990's. We sold off the 1000 and I kept the drive. It was used to backup my Amiga 3000 for many years until 50MB was to small to be practical for all my software.

prot88
11th June 2012, 18:57
hum.. euh

Interested.

PM

:roll:

FastRobPlus
11th June 2012, 18:59
Wow - that is the perfect match for that C-LTD SCSI controller Prot88 is looking at!

prot88
11th June 2012, 19:08
:lol:

matt3k
11th June 2012, 19:54
Hi Prot88,

Shipping cost for FedEx economy international is $90 USD.

I pm'd you my Paypal and can ship tomorrow, if payment is sent.

Kind regards,

Matt

prot88
11th June 2012, 20:04
Payment sent :)

matt3k
13th June 2012, 14:36
Shipped yesterday FedEx international.

PM you tracking information.

Payment received - Thank you.

Matt

prot88
23rd June 2012, 14:19
Some news.

Bad news

After weeks searching orginal 1986-1988 hardware and softs(screen, memory, controller, HD, games...) for my Amiga 1000 :

- the screen gone to the repairer because of random starts...

- Memory expansion always crash after 800 Kb of use. I even change chips from a chinese reseller...

- Never succeded to format any hard drive with C-ltd controller (old c-ltd drive and 2 other scsi)..

Hours of settings, mountlist, addmem, hdprep, hdtool, kicstart, c-ltd original tools, plug, unplug, verifying and finally...

my A1000 decided not to start anymore.

Led on, fan on and that's all. Burnt.

I think I gonna have a break. I'm tired.

matt3k
23rd June 2012, 15:12
Hi Prot88,

Very sorry your 1000 died. I will go into storage to see if I can find any disks for the C-LTD, I know you already have C-LTD Tools, but I will check non the less. If I find them and they work I will DMS them to you.

I also may have a line on a 1000, that may be broken. If a friend of mine has it and it's broken, I will see if he will either donate it to your cause or except some very nominal fee for it. Give me a week or so to track him down...

Take care...

Matt3k

FastRobPlus
23rd June 2012, 18:45
Not sure if you have the US or Europe Amiga 1000, but:

Here in the US, the Amiga 1000 is incapable of driving many of the things on the expansion bus without a grounding modification. Apparenty bus noise is really bad. This manifests as the inability to format external HDDs or read them consistently, or manifests as crashes and odd behavior when reading and writing to external RAM expansions.

The more items you put on the bus, the more pronounced the issue becomes.

I'm afraid I have no idea if this applies to European A1000s. The members of a1k.org could likely tell you anything you need to know to get this working.

Paul_s
23rd June 2012, 20:44
Not sure if you have the US or Europe Amiga 1000, but:

Here in the US, the Amiga 1000 is incapable of driving many of the things on the expansion bus without a grounding modification. Apparenty bus noise is really bad. This manifests as the inability to format external HDDs or read them consistently, or manifests as crashes and odd behavior when reading and writing to external RAM expansions.

The more items you put on the bus, the more pronounced the issue becomes.

I'm afraid I have no idea if this applies to European A1000s. The members of a1k.org could likely tell you anything you need to know to get this working.

OT but you have some lovely hardware in your signature! My eyes almost popped out :D

salaxi54
23rd June 2012, 20:51
Maybe this whole thing is off-topic and should be taken to the AmiOracle part? If you fellas are finished with the transaction part, and feedback has been left, please let us know so the Sales thread can be closed. :thumbsup:
Thanks!

prot88
23rd June 2012, 21:24
Hardware is solds. This topic can be closed.
I Will make a new thread tommorow for this case.

Many thanks for you all especially for matt3k.

I will not give up!

ChrisUnionNJ
24th June 2012, 04:13
Good to hear all FB left deal is done closing thread good job guys..:thumbsup:

:coffee: