XTAL Holder part number?

Bad_Ad84

AmiBayer
Country
England
Region
Burton on Trent, Staffordshire
Anyone know the a part number for the xtal holder used on a bunch of A1200 accelerators?

Thanks!

well, thats dependant on the xtal.

normaly 14 pin dil(rectangle) or 8 pin dil(square)i like to use the turned pin type.

you wont need a part number honest,thats is what they are above.(you just remove the pins you dont need)

14 pin dil socket turned pins or 8 pin dil socket turned pins,there standard sizes.

Are you saying just use normal DIL holders? and just remove the extra pins in the middle?

yep,but use turned pin type.trust me.

the pins just push out as you know.ive had a few over the years to adapt 8pin xtals for 14pin sockets and visa versa.

Yes, I mostly use turn pin.

Thanks for the advice, didnt realise they were the same size! (and I already have some).

Easy to overlook the simple things at times.

Thanks to you both and thanks Roy for the extremely prompt answer :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. Please excuse any crazy auto corrects or lack of detail (links to info sources)

I think it was an optical illusion. A dip chip looks much thinner than a oscillator. Mostly because the body is much larger on the oscillator, but the legs are not on the edge.

Didn't even consider them being the same foot print

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. Please excuse any crazy auto corrects or lack of detail (links to info sources)

snap,i do that as well also with miniature relays and such:picard

but its all good fun:)

Someone wants their oscillator replaced for an over clock. Figured he should have a socket, just incase it's unstable and can switch back.

No time for my own stuff at the moment. That's why no progress on the 4000 for awhile :-(

Back
Top Bottom