PDA

View Full Version : Uninstalling WarpOS & WarpDT

fitzsteve
28th June 2012, 19:30
Hey peeps!

Hope someone can help me :help:

I need to put a 68k based accelerator back in my A4000T as my CSPPC is dead as fried chicken and I sold my spare one :Doh:

Right now I have an 030 board in there (I know that's not cool) but anyway it won't boot due to WarpOS and WarpDT (datatypes) installed and I'm wondering if there is an easy way to uninstall them rather than setting up a new Workbench since it took some time to get this one how I like, of course I've taken a backup but that was only after I installed the PPC stuff :(

Any help appreciated :thumbsup:

Steve.

johnim
28th June 2012, 19:42
hi steve cant you just rename the datatypes or move them

Ed.D
28th June 2012, 19:45
Hey Steve,

I'm not familiar with PPC, but I was just wondering if the Warp install wizard/script thing had an uninstall option?

How does Warp OS get installed, onto its own partition?

Cheers,
Ed.

UberFreak
28th June 2012, 19:46
Last time I had to do something like this, I ran the installation again (you can do it on WinUAE) and chose to save an installation log.

Then I checked the log to see which files were copied and where, and removed them.

johnim
28th June 2012, 19:47
Last time I had to do something like this, I ran the installation again (you can do it on WinUAE) and chose to save an installation log.

Then I checked the log to see which files were copied and where, and removed them.

good idea +1

bdb
28th June 2012, 19:47
Shoot Dude, how timely: I just emailed Robert Oliver (or is it Oliver Robert) yesterday about those data types. He says the originals should be in the Storage directory and you just copy over his. To register "shareware," which is in his mind is to pay a fair amount of salad leaves, you email him anyways.

I paid his fee (feeling stupid that my concept of "shareware" differed in the cost of said software) and he got back in touch shortly thereafter, he seems open to complaints, do I say, "Go for it."

fitzsteve
28th June 2012, 19:51
Shoot Dude, how timely: I just emailed Robert Oliver (or is it Oliver Robert) yesterday about those data types. He says the originals should be in the Storage directory and you just copy over his.

Thanks for the tip, I will check that out! I have registered my WarpDT by the way :)

@Ed.D

WarpOS is just PPC drivers added to OS3.9, I'll try UberFreak's suggestion to see what was installed :cool:

Cheers :thumbsup:

rkauer
28th June 2012, 19:52
Check the startup-sequence for WARP statements and comment those out.

After that, check the libraries for .old files and do a swap.

Lately check PREFS: for Warp-DT and ENVARC: for a few more warp files.

Comment those out or move to a backup drawer.

bdb
28th June 2012, 20:04
Folks, it is an installed Datatypes problem; the author just uses "warp" to dignify HE thinks it is fast.