PDA

View Full Version : Sold Amiga Technologies A4000T set

Nathanieltolbert
30th June 2012, 21:16
Hello everyone! I have a nice item today. Ed has decided to part with this A4000T. I have booted it and tested that it is indeed working (pics below.) and have checked the specs. They are as follows -

Amiga Technologies A4000T
Amiga Technologies A3640 Rev 3.1
2MB Chip RAM and 16MB of Fast RAM
3.1 Kickstart
1.1 GB Quantum SCSI hard drive
SCSI CD-ROM drive
Floppy drive (I was told by Ed that it is the original Sony modified drive used by Amiga Technologies)
Manufacture date of 4/15/97

Now when this machine arrived it was the tower only. It is in very nice shape, very little yellowing all on the door and the plastic door is not broken or missing the plastic window insert. The case has typical cosmetic scuffs on the bottom that rests on the floor as well as along the top left side. It appears that whomever used this before it came to Ed had it between a desk and a wall or something. Please take a look at the pictures below. With some digging, Ed and I have managed to find an unused Amiga III Technologies keyboard and mouse, which I guess is what used to be sold with these towers. They will not match serial number wise though. Also we have found an unopened software pack which has been kinda squished on one side, but the tape is still intact. It contains Digita Wordworth, Digita Print Manager, Deluxe Paint IV (AGA), Dennis, and Oscar. Finally with some patience and searching, I found I think most of the original books that came with the A4000T (not this one, just the model in general) as well as a set of A4000T OS 3.1 Installation Disks. The A4000T books are OS 3.1 Hard Disk, OS 3.1 AGA Supplement, OS 3.1 Workbench, OS 3.1 DOS, OS 3.1 ARexx, and AmigaDOS Quick Reference. If I find the introducing the Amiga 4000T book I will include it as well, but I haven't seen one as of yet.

The inside of the machine is very clean. As clean as it looks in the picture is how it arrived to Ed. This brings us to the last section. Due to the increase in shipping internationally and the need for high amount of insurance, this is only non-international shipping. If someone wants to ship overnight through Fed ex or UPS and pay their ridiculous shipping costs, then I'm certain Ed will work with you regarding that. This will be shipped either through UPS or Fed-Ex only as the item will need to be insured against damage. Also to insure safety of delivery the computer will be packed and boxed by the shipping company, as it is the only way to get insurance.

The selling price is 900 USD plus shipping. Again, due to the size, weight, and insurance needs, this is not available for international shipping. If there are any additional questions, please contact me and I shall do my best to answer quickly. Please look at the pictures below. Thank you for looking and have a nice day!

Nathanieltolbert
30th June 2012, 21:18
Please find some additional pictures here.

Amstrad
30th June 2012, 21:19
Declaring interest will pm later.

DutchinUSA
30th June 2012, 21:30
Not sure if you missed it Amstrad but it says "not available for international shipping" so unless you have an address here in the US, just saying :)

Amstrad
30th June 2012, 21:36
I do have an address in US.
The problem is to explain & convince my uncle about to get it and to bring it here when he come for holidays ;)

Nathanieltolbert
3rd July 2012, 03:54
Amstrad - It is fine if you want to ship it to your uncle, but please take into consideration that Ed only can insure it when he ships it and that covers to the location shipped to in the US.

@All - Please note, I said when it comes to international shipping that we don't have a way to insure the tower for its value aside from Fed-Ex and UPS. Both of these allow for international shipping, but without a business account to ship through, we can only ship Next Day, which for a 65 pound package with 1000 USD insurance will undoubtedly raise the total cost of the sale for you exponentially. I know that is frustrating but the post office won't insure for more than about 200 USD on most packages, and that amount may be less depending on the Country of destination. I apologize for any frustration that this may cause.

Regards,

Nathan

Amstrad
4th July 2012, 12:10
Nathan sadly I have to withdraw my interest on this awesome machine as I will not convice my uncle to make it happen for me.

Best rgds,
Amstrad

Nathanieltolbert
5th July 2012, 14:59
understood. I wish you the best of luck in finding one local, that will help greatly with shipping and receiving.

regards,

Nathan

Hivernaal
5th July 2012, 17:57
For info, I get two A4000T from the USA (I am in France/Europe), the shipping cost was something like 200$ (one)... well... and... 80€ of taxes !
Both computers arrived in one piece and are still working.

bert64
5th July 2012, 20:49
What shipping method do you use? The quotes i got for shipping an A4000T were between $500 and $800 !

Nathanieltolbert
9th July 2012, 23:12
@Hivernaal - The problem isn't with the cost of shipping, really as it has to do with the ability to insure it. USPS won't insure anything to Great Britain over 275 dollars, and that's if you fill out the customs form as sold merchandise, if it's a gift, they'll insure 75 dollars at most. Ed does not want to take a chance that the tower will be destroyed in shipping. A4000T's are getting more and more difficult to find here, and as such we want to take every precaution when it comes to shipping. If you can find me a way and 100% confirm that they'll insure the tower for the full $1000 USD amount and not have to ship it through UPS or Fed-Ex then I will definitely add that method of availability and I will not bat an eye about shipping internationally. But due to the restrictions of the Post office shipping here, we cannot use USPS. Also, the shipping weight exceeds 50 pounds of weight with the tower, keyboard, and mouse alone, not including the original books software. 50 pounds is the hard limit for many countries that I have shipped to, so that rules them out immediately. But again, I'm not refusing to ship international, I'm just trying to be realistic in the fact that to insure this machine for safe arrival to the destination makes it cost prohibitive to ship internationally.

Regards,

Nathan

bert64
9th July 2012, 23:52
You might want to look into pallet/freight shipping, they would have no problems with the size and weight of the 4000T, and would guarantee a value of $1000 easily...

Also if you shipped as several lots, assuming the base unit is the heaviest part would this come in under the 50lbs limit?

bdb
10th July 2012, 03:24
I hate to compare apples to oranges, but to ship pets in containers, they go to the airlines as freight; you have to drop off your "freight" at the airlines freight-dock and are picked up in Germany for example, at the Lufthansa freight-dock. The weight and size do matter in cost, but is around $$ to $$$ in cost (less than UPS for the same weight/size). In the states you ship heavy stuff by bus-lines in the same way. Just call your international carrier (I know Ed is in Kansas City).

Nathanieltolbert
10th July 2012, 14:25
You might want to look into pallet/freight shipping, they would have no problems with the size and weight of the 4000T, and would guarantee a value of $1000 easily...

Also if you shipped as several lots, assuming the base unit is the heaviest part would this come in under the 50lbs limit?

I looked up the pallet freight method and there were some gotchas about it that I won't go into. Needless to say, we cannot go that route because of them. On the shipping everything in separate boxes. Sure that could be done to circumnavigate the weight issue, but it will increase shipping as every package has a base shipping cost. So that means putting everything in the one package will shave a chunk off. If we have to go that route we will, unquestionably, but there is still the minor issue of limited insurance on international shipping....

ekholve
11th July 2012, 06:34
Tempted enough and crazy enough to ask before actually declaring the interest but could you please check the exact postage cost to Finland? :unsure:

Nathanieltolbert
11th July 2012, 15:00
I can tell you how much the post office would be. The only way to insure the 1000 USD is through GXG shipping (Global Express Guaranteed) but the size of the box is too large (more than 108" girth) and the weight is too heavy. It would have to be shipped in two separate package that way But just the tower through the post office with GXG would be $425.50. That's is not including insurance or the additional fees due to weight and box size. They don't give you that information online, you only find that out when you get to the post office. Priority mail is available, but again the tower alone exceeds the max weight allowable of 50 pounds. Max insurance to your country through priority mail is 650, which is more respectable than most. UPS now has worldwide saver, which is like ground shipping to your country, but I cannot see a price as I don't know the city being shipped to and their services are not available to all cities. I think weight and size factors in there as well.

ekholve
11th July 2012, 18:57
Thanks!

While I still find this quite reasonable but unfortunately my wife has different opinion about this so I cannot declare interest this time. :Doh:

Good luck with your sale!

Miru
11th July 2012, 18:58
where exactly is the Amiga located ? I might be tempted to drive if its not to far :p

Nathanieltolbert
11th July 2012, 19:01
It's in Kansas. I think the exact translation of the Kansa Indian tribe is 'place farthest from the bright spot in the world.' You are welcome to drive down and pick it up, but it would probably be cheaper to ship it since you are in the US.

Miru
12th July 2012, 01:31
1500 miles :blink:

i drove 3500 once in a week, and swore never again (with a big truck), u are right, thats over my 800 mile limit which I could do in a day....

its over my budget at the time, although it would be nice :roll:

Nathanieltolbert
18th July 2012, 19:47
Ed has reduced the price. Please see the first post for the new price.

Regards,

Nathan

bert64
18th July 2012, 23:17
Possible to get a quote for shipping to London, UK?

Also would removing the HDD/CD lower the weight by a couple of pounds, regular drives are ten a penny so easy enough to source them locally.

Nathanieltolbert
23rd July 2012, 18:02
Sorry for the delay. Been working on getting everything in place to have our roof replaced from a storm that happened in May. I will look into this, but the estimated weight exceeds 60 pounds. Where as that is within the range to ship international through the Post, I cannot insure the package at all through priority mail to the UK, and would have to send it the Global Express Guaranteed. Packed with keyboard, mouse, manuals and software the system hopefully won't exceed 65 pounds. Shipping costs for that through GXG is a whopping 369.74 including required insurance. Also note, that because this has to be insured (Ed requires it.) it cannot be sent as anything other than merchandise, meaning customs will want to hit you up for all sorts of money as well.

-Edit- Removing the Hard drive and CD-ROM drive will drop the weight by about 5 pounds, which reduces the shipping cost by 7 dollars. Both the Hard Drive and the CD-ROM drive are SCSI drives.

leone123
11th August 2012, 18:27
I am interested...

longbow75
12th August 2012, 04:56
I'm interested as well.

HonestFlames
12th August 2012, 10:27
I am also interested, and do not mind at all the cost for UK shipping.

Nathanieltolbert
12th August 2012, 15:54
@leone123 and HonestFlames - The shipping info in my last post applies as well for your interest. The shipping cost to England doesn't change based on location unfortunately.

@longbow75 - I don't have an exact location for a shipping estimate to your area, so a rough estimate for shipping the A4000T to you would be approximately 183.68. That is insured through either Fed Ex or UPS. The price difference between the two is about 7 cents in Fed Ex's favor.

As it stands currently the interest is as follows -
1. leone123
2. longbow75
3. HonestFlames

Please let me know if the interest still stands or if you wish to drop interest.

Thanks,

Nathan

leone123
12th August 2012, 16:12
I am still interested...

Nathanieltolbert
12th August 2012, 19:45
Okay. I need you to PM me specific shipping details, and tomorrow I will go down with Ed and get everything packed with an exact weight. I will then be able to get an exact shipping cost for all parties interested, which will help solidify exact total costs.

Regards,

Nathan

HonestFlames
13th August 2012, 19:23
Thanks. Who knew selling A4000T's was this much work ;)

Appreciate the lengths you are going to.

Miru
16th August 2012, 05:42
Declaring interest as well 4th in line, just got a nice fat paycheck :):D

Nathanieltolbert
17th August 2012, 14:52
Hello everyone, sorry for the delay. Been a busy week. Ed and I took the tower and got it packed for shipping. The packed weight is approx 50 pounds for the tower, as we could not fit everything in one box and still meet the GXG shipping requirements. That being said, it means that the keyboard, mouse and software can be shipped through priority at a lesser cost and the cost for the GXG shipping drops to approximately $320 with insurance. As I always do, any excess amount for shipping will be refunded after shipping. @leone123 - If you are still interested, please let me know and PM me the shipping address. I will then be able to get a 100% accurate shipping cost for you and we can proceed to the next step. I apologize again for the delay.
@everyone, thank you for sticking with me during all the delays that have occurred. I very much appreciate the patience.

Regards,

Nathan

Nathanieltolbert
21st August 2012, 16:49
I haven't heard from Leone123, and as such I am moving on tot he next interested person on the list.

@Longbow75 - Please confirm interest and contact me via PM so that I may get the shipping details to build an exact shipping quote.

Regards,

Nathan

longbow75
21st August 2012, 20:29
PM sent.

Nathanieltolbert
24th August 2012, 17:43
PM replied to.

longbow75
25th August 2012, 02:09
Still interested. I'll send the payment.

Nathanieltolbert
26th August 2012, 05:52
PM sent with Payment details.

Regards,

Nathan

Nathanieltolbert
30th August 2012, 15:55
I received a PM from Longbow75 indicating a withdrawal of interest. So we move on to the next person in line now..

Honest Flames, please let me know if you are still interested when you have the time. Thank you!

Regards,

Nathan

Rakeim132
3rd September 2012, 14:47
Unbelievable that this machine is still not sold... :blink:

Good luck mate, it's a great machine (I have 2 already !). :thumbsup:

Miru
4th September 2012, 00:57
I am still interested, would be next in line. PM me with shipping cost to Portland :)

HonestFlames
4th September 2012, 19:52
I hadn't been checking the forum very often. I thought it had sold!

I'm still interested.

Will PM just after I do a quick sanity check on this purchase.

EDIT:

Sanity checked. Going ahead with transaction on basis of 900USD + 320USD shipping, to be paid via PayPal if that's agreeable.

SECOND EDIT:

Payment sent, including all shipping.

Well, it was a roller-coaster ride but the transaction is almost complete!

Will be looking forward to receiving in a little less than 2 weeks (I go away on holiday tomorrow for 1 week).

:-)

Nathanieltolbert
7th September 2012, 04:40
Payment received. As requested I shall delay shipping until the prescribed date. Until then the money shall not move from the paypal account. Thank you to everyone who was interested in this and gave support through the thread. This A4000T has now been sold.

Nathanieltolbert
14th September 2012, 21:46
Keyboard, Mouse, Manuals, and software has all been shipped. The tower however, needs additional information. PM sent to Honest Flames. Once I get the information I can get it shipped immediately.

Regards,

Nathan

HonestFlames
16th September 2012, 09:20
Info supplied.

Eagerness mode engaged.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Nathanieltolbert
17th September 2012, 22:02
The tower has shipped! It is guaranteed to arrive by Thursday September 20. If you don't receive the tower or customs notification on Thursday please contact me so I can go and talk with the post office.

HonestFlames
19th September 2012, 19:01
Received in good working order.

Fantastic!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Nathanieltolbert
20th September 2012, 04:46
Feedback left! Please let me know if you have any questions!

Regards,

Nathan