PDA

View Full Version : Any experienced console modifiers want some work?

-Acid-
4th July 2012, 20:42
(Wasn't sure where to post this)

I have a NTSC Top Loading NES which only has RF output which I want to use on PAL tv's.

I'm looking for an experienced modder to RGB mod it. I would like the audio doing as well to make it fake stereo (same mono channel to both sides). I've heard this system is region free but if I am wrong I would like that taken care off as well. If it won't cost too much the power led mod would be good too.

Price is negotiable, leave me a message. No new users with no history on the board please and modder has to be from England due to postage cost.

Details of the mod can be seen here: http://nesdev.parodius.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?t=601&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=105
Here is a video too: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTLrOsgUkwc

Bad_Ad84
4th July 2012, 21:21
Only picture in that thread is composite mod, as is the youtube video.

For RGB you need a playchoice 10 PPU - which is expensive.

This is the RGB mod, which messes up some colours and effects and a playchoice 10 donor pcb will probably cost you at least 60 (do a ebay search for RC2C03B).

http://nfggames.com/forum2/index.php?topic=1592.0

Composite isnt a problem, but thats not what you asked for when you PM'ed me about it :)

80sFREAK
4th July 2012, 22:04
You should have multistandart TV. Make AV out is not a big deal. If you have some soldering skills, you can DIY.

60GBP for playchoice? WANTED! AFAIK PPU only is about 200USD :blink:

Bad_Ad84
4th July 2012, 22:34
I have seen them sold for 60 within the last 6 months.

And google is showing plenty sold within the same time frame for $50-70.

200 is probably crazy eBay price :-/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. Please excuse any crazy auto corrects or lack of detail (links to info sources)

Zetr0
5th July 2012, 00:36
@thread

That is enough price talk there gentlemen.

Different countries, different sales platforms have different prices pending on local saturation - this can lead to big differences of opinion and then onto flaming and trolling - hence why we don't allow this type of discussion, so please nip this in the bud now.

If you have links to buy it now - with fixed prices then please post them to help the seller.

Bad_Ad84
5th July 2012, 07:15
If you have links to buy it now - with fixed prices then please post them to help the seller.

Which seller? the op is looking for someone to do modding work - we are just discussing price of materials (rather than an item for sale or on offer).

[edit]
Sorry Bad_Ad84, but I had to edit you post as it could be seen as price guiding, please have a read of the rules and guidelines (http://www.amibay.com/misc.php?do=cfrules) as to why we don't allow this on the site. Z

Zetr0
5th July 2012, 10:50
@Bad_Ad84

you know I meant buyer. (it was past midnight and my carriage had just turned into a pumpkin.... wow... that sounds really bad!)

Anyway, the point of price driving and price guiding - its not allowed here, please see my previous post as to why.

Bad_Ad84
5th July 2012, 10:54
I have read the rules, but I didnt see anything about finished auctions (which I think is the same as buy it nows really??). The rules actually state you cant link to any page with a price (only your own listing if its a buy it now). But as I have seen people saying linking to Buy it nows is ok - I made a judgement call.

Off-site Linking in a Sale
You may link to another site to help promote or describe your item better. You are NOT allowed to link to a site where the item is shown with a price as this would be considered price driving (see price driving below).
If YOU are selling the same item elsewhere then you may link to this only if it is being sold on the other site at the same fixed price as you are selling it on AmiBay; No auctions, “Buy it now” only.

None of this is mentioned when buying an item though - only when selling and no one here is selling anything.

But its why I said to remove it if its an issue - wasnt certain thats all. Probably worth doing an amendment to cover this type of situation??

Wont happen again!

Zetr0
5th July 2012, 10:58
no worries,

the price driving / guiding rule catches everyone out eventually - even us staff....

The problem is that like prices - opinions can get volatile and this is why we don't give valuations nor link to ended auctions to state and established price. sometimes its very difficult - especially when a fellow member needs help.

Bad_Ad84
5th July 2012, 11:03
sometimes its very difficult - especially when a fellow member needs help.

Indeed! :)

Id suggest splitting the "Price Driving" section of the rules under its own heading though - rather than under the "Selling on Amibay" where it is now.

80sFREAK
5th July 2012, 13:16
Details of the mod can be seen here: http://nesdev.parodius.com/bbs/viewt...=asc&start=105 A bit expensive way to get rid of "jailbars".

-Acid-
5th July 2012, 16:57
BadAD84 pm'd