insane in the main frame
AmiBayer
Rating - 100%
67   0   1
Country
Canada
Region
Edmonton, Alberta,
I am needed a few good 1 gig or close SCSI drives.
I am open to some swaps as money is tight right now. I have a bunch of stuff listed all ready, just let me know.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, but no, just need a SCSI 1- small drive 1 gig or less (50 pin). but thanks anyway.

Yes, thanks.
Please remember, I am willing/wanting to SWAP/ Trade at this time. Money is tight at the moment, but I have a lot of stuff listed here and on my online store.

@Glen: you can always use a bigger drive, but you must reduce the detected size by reducing the number of cylinders until the drive "fits" the limitation of the controller.

Of course a using 1Gb of a >9Gb unit is a total waste.

@Glen: you can always use a bigger drive, but you must reduce the detected size by reducing the number of cylinders until the drive "fits" the limitation of the controller.

Of course a using 1Gb of a >9Gb unit is a total waste.

Yes, of course. Also, I would have to get SCSI 1- SCSI II converters etc. I have enough of a nightmare with these old SCSI I drives- LOL

Old HD with resistor packs are the evil, I tell you.

Most SCSI2 HD have built-in termination and so they are suitable for use without the expensive as hell 50>68pin adaptors with high-byte termination. Just use a short SCSI cable and all will be good.

Might have a small 50-pin scsi drive from an SE/30. Was working when put away 5-6 years ago. Postage might be a killer though. Plus I ought to test and if necessary wipe the drive though I suspect all that's on it is either an old 68k port of debian, or some bare mac system install. Unfortunately I don't have anything with a scsi interface at the moment :( and I have no idea if I'd need any sort of terminator or just a 50-pin cable.

Chocolate teapot moment maybe!

I'll dig it out later just in case.

Edit - ok it's a Quantum Fireball, can't see a model number but it seems to have C/H/S settings for 540, 1080, 640, 1280. Guess it's a 1gb drive.

Edit edit: assuming quaekx not interested, shifting to recycle bin

Last edited:
@quarkx

what you plumbing this drive upto ? a GVP device perhaps?

@quarkx

what you plumbing this drive upto ? a GVP device perhaps?

1 will go into the A590 if I can't get this one to be nice, I guess I can also tear apart an old Xetec external drive that the controler for the A1000 doesn't work for.
I had a huge stockpile here at one time of 1 gig drives, but I either sold them all or just can't find them.
Feel like that bit in Rodney Dangerfield's Back to school. "here have a pen...":picard
If i can find/swap for more than one, they will be for future projects- Maybe get that Xetec running again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom