Closed Atari ST RGB SCART Cable (Original & Brand-New)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oge

Rating - 95%
37   2   1
Country
Italy
Region
Mediterraneo
logosmalla.png

As per thread title, the Atari ST RGB SCART Cable.
The object is a DIN 13-Pin to SCART with Red, Green, Blue and Audio signals delivering the highest quality reachable from an Atari ST~ machine.
It will function on the majority of the available televisions (LCDFIX is available for later TV sets).

CONDITION:
Original & Brand-New
LENGHT:
1,8M
COMPATIBILITY:
1040ST, STE, STF, 520STF, STFM & Mega ST
TESTED:
Yes

PICTURES:
webshow400x300px.jpg

webshow400x300px02.jpg

PRICE:
€16,00
SHIPPING:
EU (€6,20); Outside EU (€8,00)
AVAILABILITY:
X6

STEREOPHONIC AUDIO (OPTIONAL ADD-ON):
If you own an Atari STe is it possible to add a pair of RCA Connectors in order to obtain Stereophonic Audio. This modification applies to the Atari STe series only.

LCDFIX (OPTIONAL ADD-ON):
The Cable can be internally enhanced for improved LCD compatibility. This modification also permits to obtain a better and stabler picture. On a side note, LCDFIX'ed Cables will also work with CRT TVs.

Cheers,
Oge

Last edited:
Sent payment for ATARI STe RGB SCART Stereo Cable + LCDFIX + X2 RCAs and pm with shipping instructions. (y)

Note to mods and other curious people: I have been informed by Oge that the cable is done and he is sending it now. I was hoping he could do it in the first week of this month and he did (y)

I will report back once I have the cable and again when I have tested it.

Thank you, Mendel.

Since it seems that there are some people which own an Atari STe, adding a pair of RCAs in order to obtain Stereophonic Audio is possible.

Please notice that this modification applies to the Atari STe series only.

Cheers,
Oge

Seems like this cable doesn´t help my tv very much. I now get a black and white (literally, two colors, all black and all white pixels, no gray shades) picture from the non rgb scart input and no picture at all from the rgb scart input.

kuvam.jpg

My tv is too incompatible, will try again later with a gbs and a crt monitor.

Mendel, I experienced exactly the same with Spectrum +3 and my LCD. Blanking, pin 16 in scart needs 1 to 3 Volts. It's pretty easy to achieve with a single AA or AAA battery. I opted for a Salora CRT tv, though. At least the newer ones have the option to manually set RGB mode in scart.

Assuming Oge has tied the Vsync to pin 16 of the scart, ie fast blanking, then please add..

1x 10 microfarad electrolytic cap, + to pin 16, - to pin 18. use smallest low voltage cap....

TC :)

I think I have a little bit too much of Iamanidiot to do that. I could send the cable forwards for further modding if anyone feels like helping me with it though :)

I think I have a little bit too much of Iamanidiot to do that. I could send the cable forwards for further modding if anyone feels like helping me with it though :)

Before you do it would be interesting if Mr Oge kindly listed the wiring schema here in the thread, the ST is not the easiest to get working with an LCD TV and I know that from experience....lets see if we can improve the design together.

I'm sure he will be happy to carry out any rewiring or modification duties if needed..

TC :)

"Fast Blanking" was already lowered to ~2,5V on Mendel's Cable. Maybe it would be useful to *produce* a different CSync.

Cheers,
Oge

Only one *Original* Atari ST Cable available.

I'm glad to announce that I've just discovered something very particular which should solve a lot of display problems that currently afflict both CRT and LCD TVs when it comes to Atari ST~ systems.

Soon I will put a bunch of these available for both Atari ST (DIN + SCART) and ATARI STe (DIN + X2 Audio RCAs + SCART) onto a separate thread. I can perform the above modification on the latest original Cable if someone feel the urge to try to test it out though. :)

Cheers,
Oge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom