Closed 2000 expansions wanted - accelerator, gfx card, motherboard?

Status
Not open for further replies.

playgeneration

Rating - 100%
33   0   0
Country
South Wales, UK
In my quest to turn my recently aquired poverty spec 2000 into a more capable machine, I'm after yet more upgrades:

1. Accelerator card
Needs to be compatible with a 6.3 MB (unlike the apollo 2030 it seems), and have at least an 020 processor, ideally an 060 but that seems unlikely due to how rare they seem to be. And it either needs to be able to take a decent amount of ram, or at least be compatible with my gvp+8 scsi card with its full 8mb of ram.

Failing that if anyone has a 4.x revision motherboard spare, preferably with no battery damage, then I should (hopefully) be able to use the apollo card I have already.

2. An RTG graphics card
It has to be a zorroII card - and in particular I'd like either a Cybervision 64/3D or a Picasso IV, as they support lager 24bit screens than older cards.

3. Ethernet network card
One with a standard modern day ethernet connector and compatible with either miami or genesis tcp/ip please.

Re: 2000 expansions wanted - accelerator, gfx card, motherboard?

I'm in a similar boat: https://www.amibay.com/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=3315

A2000 accelerators aren't as rare as people would have you believe, there are three or four on The Other Auction Website right now; ranging from a humble 28MHz 68000 to an overclocked Apollo 2060 with a full complement of FastRAM. Sadly they still fetch a high premium (Demand is clearly still greater than supply)

If you want to run a Picasso, you might be best-off finding an accelerator that supports 32-bit FastRAM and not using the 8MB on Zorro cards. Certainly according to Amiga Resource, if you're using a Picasso II "...with 8 MB Zorro II fast RAM the board has to be run in segmented mode - lower performance" http://amiga.resource.cx/exp/picasso2

Yeah I've seen that 2000 acccelerators aren't that rare, the Blizzard 2060 I would prefer is though. Most of the best stuff is on German ebay it seems and doesn't show up in worldwide search from ebay.co.uk, you have to go to ebay.de and search. Sadly though the vast majority of German ebay sellers don't use paypal, which makes paying annoying, plus I'm usually not around when the auctions are finishing and sniping is taking place :(

I know the feeling. I've been searching German eBay for "turbokarte" recently; seems to be the best way to find Amiga accelerators. That 2060 went for far too much :(
It's probably worth keeping an eye on ebay.com, ebay.com.au and ebay.ca too.

Don't want to encourage price-driving, so I'll PM you the info.

I found the Supra, but I didn't find the Apollo 060.

Auction ended or bad search? I've tried a few :)

Hey, don't look now, but my Elite exoplanet lifeform is dancing!!

Check out my ad in the hardware for sale forum
I have a Cybervision64/3d for sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom