ubermick

AmiBayer
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Country
USA
Region
NorCal
Bit of a weird one here, but I snagged a used A1200 recently, that showed up a bit yellow. I plucked the keys off for a refreshing retr0bright bath (ahhh!) but turns out the right alt key was broken - the post had snapped off in the holder, and on further examination, looks like the previous owner (or one of them) had tried gluing it. Opened up the keyboard and extracted the broken post, and have attempted to JB Weld it, but don't hold out a ton of hope for it working. So if anyone has a broken A1200 keyboard and are willing to part with the right alt key, let me know!

Attachments

• sad_a1200.jpg
    sad_a1200.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 0
There's no distinction between the left and right Alt keys, they're identical :)
If you don't find something closer to you, I have a spare key but it's pretty yellowed so color matching (even after retr0bright) may not be 100%. Yours for postage costs.

:(

Well, I suppose any key, even a discoloured one, is better than none at all (just tried to pop the "repaired" one back in after letting the JB Weld cure for 24 hours, and it snapped off again. If that won't hold it, nothing will!) I'll shoot you a PM, cheers.

PM received and replied to.

---------- Post added at 21:26 ---------- Previous post was at 20:58 ----------

Deal made, payment for postage received, to be shipped tomorrow.

Alt key received, and feedback left on both counts. LOCK 'ER UP!! :yourock:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom