PDA

View Full Version : Indivision ECS in Amiga 500 Plus Screen Instability

Storm
11th July 2012, 11:49
Hi all,

I have done a search but haven't found anything useful yet so I'm hoping someone here can help.
I have just bought a new Indivision ECS for my Amiga 500 Plus and everything works except that I have black lines flashing randomly on the screen and artifacts popping up here and there. The card has 1.01 firmware. I have tried the Indy without my IDE68K installed and same problem occurs.

fitzsteve
11th July 2012, 11:52
There is a thread in the Amigakit section about some timing issue with A500+ IIRC, I'll try and dig out the link.

My advice is to contact your reseller :thumbsup:

---------- Post added at 11:52 ---------- Previous post was at 11:51 ----------

Here it is:

http://www.amibay.com/showthread.php?p=330611#post330611

TheCorfiot
11th July 2012, 13:07
Steve is bang on, I think this is a known issue sadly :(

TC ;)

Storm
11th July 2012, 13:53
Hmmm, that's no good to hear. I will contact the good people at Amikit tomorrow about it, since I bought it from there. Thanks for the link Steve.

FOL
11th July 2012, 14:16
Hmmm, that's no good to hear. I will contact the good people at Amikit tomorrow about it, since I bought it from there. Thanks for the link Steve.

Doubt the people at Amikit will be able to help.
However us at Amigakit can, ;).

Raise a support ticket on our system, we can then get back to you.
It is a known issue. Myself and Jens have been working over the last month to solve.

We now have a solution, but Im currently in the process of testing it.
Want to make sure its completely sorted as the PSU used also helps make problem worse.

Storm
11th July 2012, 20:54
Hiya FOL,

Lol, yes one of my typos trying to get me into trouble again ;)
I have opened a support ticket on Amigakit. I will now wait patiently and use my A4000 instead. Thanks for the help :thumbsup: