PDA

View Full Version : Closed Random pieces of hardware I'd quite like

Muzer
4th October 2009, 00:14
I'm interested in these random small pieces of hardware it probably isn't worth the hassle of eBay for:

* A CF reader for a PCMCIA slot (for my Amiga)
* A CF card of a relatively small size (a few dozen megabytes will do, but it can really be any size) (it's just to do transfers - I already have an internal 8GB HDD)

* Some 3.5" DD disks

* 2 PC floppy cables with a 5.25" connector on it (a drive would be nice too...)

I'll probably think of some more stuff later...

davideo
4th October 2009, 00:46
@Muzer

Thanks to the kind generosity of Nile on this board - you can have a 64MB CF card for the cost of postage :thumbsup:

PM sent.

Dave G 8)

Zetr0
4th October 2009, 01:27
@Muzzy

for the cost of postage I can sort you out a working 5.25 (very) Floppy Disk Drive, and some cables =D

please bare in mind these 5.25 drives weigh a TON! lol

davideo
5th October 2009, 19:57
@Muzer

The card was posted tonight. It should be with you tomorrow.

@Nyle apologies for spelling your name wrong in my earlier post.

Dave G 8)

Muzer
5th October 2009, 20:24
The card was posted tonight. It should be with you tomorrow.
Oddly enough, I actually found the card I thought I'd lost just before I read that post, and against all odds (ie a massive dent in it) it still works perfectly. Oh well, I have 2 now :p

davideo
5th October 2009, 22:31
@Muzer

It's always handy to have a spare bit on the side :run:

Dave G 8)

Skilgannon
5th October 2009, 23:56
Ive got a pile of 3.5" DD floppies you can have for the price of postage (they have software on them but can be formatted obviously). I also have 5.25" disk's if you need some of them too. Cheers - John

RedDaemonFox
6th October 2009, 00:13
HD floppies can be formatted as 880k disks almost always 100%

Muzer
6th October 2009, 19:03
HD floppies can be formatted as 880k disks almost always 100%
But they don't last very long, and for some reason my drive refuses to do anything with them once I cover the hole (I can't even low-level format them) (the 1 or 2 DD disks I have work fine, HD disks work fine with it uncovered, but they refuse to read, write, format, do anything in fact (I never even hear the head move) if the hole is covered.)

CF card received, will leave feedback once I figure out what "Role" means (my role or yours?)

I'd be interested in those floppies, including the 5.25". How much do you think they would be to post (how much do they weigh for one?)

And Zetr0, did you get my PM?

davideo
7th October 2009, 00:39
CF card received, will leave feedback once I figure out what "Role" means (my role or yours?)

Don't worry I had the same problem and still do :ROTFLOL2:

Pleased I could help you out.

Feedback returned.

Dave G 8)

Skilgannon
7th October 2009, 11:59
I'm sure it's not expensive - probably only a few quid. Let me weigh 10 of each and I'll let you know how much the postage is.

John

Muzer
11th October 2009, 16:24
@Muzzy

for the cost of postage I can sort you out a working 5.25 (very) Floppy Disk Drive, and some cables =D

please bare in mind these 5.25 drives weigh a TON! lol
Have you forgotten about this Zetr0?