PDA

View Full Version : Wanted Skies of Arcadia (Dreamcast)

Mendel
18th July 2012, 21:56
This one is missing from my collection of Dreamcast games. Want something in reasonable condition. My offer is 20 eur total shipped (economy letter) and with fees.

I can also swap for some other Dreamcast games, just tell me what you are looking for.

edit: NTSC US English language version

Harrison
19th July 2012, 16:35
This is a great game and definitely one of the best RPG's on the DC. I don't have a spare copy to offer you, but wanted to mention that if we can't find a copy the game was also released later on the Playstation 2 in an updated and enhanced version.

slk486
19th July 2012, 16:52
Wasn't the ps2 version cancelled? In any case it's on the Gamecube.

But... No Pinta quest :thumbsdown:

Edit: Yes, ps2 version was cancelled.

Mendel
19th July 2012, 16:57
Thanks for info! I think there is also an improved Gamecube version, which might be technically the most advanced. But at this time Im looking for the Dreamcast version for various reasons:

-I have a vga box and crt monitor for it.
-I consider the original version the one that I should have for collecting purposes.
-Dreamcast emulation with pc is also interesting but I like to have original copy as a matter of principle even if .cdi images are easy to get for pc

One more thing: I think US NTSC version would be okay too but Japanese version would not as I would understand nothing of the plot :cool:

Xanxi
19th July 2012, 17:31
As far as i remember the PAL version might not work with the VGA Box. I used to play the NTSC US version with my VGA box circa 2002, and i think i had this version because of the VGA box.
The game was indeed stuning with the VGA box on a Ilyama 21' CRT. I have great memories of the japanese garden from about 2/3 of the game.

Mendel
19th July 2012, 18:19
Thanks! Now only looking for NTSC English version because of vga compatibility.

Mendel
4th August 2012, 12:24
Paying arm and leg for it and getting it from evilbay. I know this game will be worth it though. This thread can be closed. :thumbsup:

slk486
4th August 2012, 12:31
Which version did you get, then?

PS: I know the feeling!

Mendel
4th August 2012, 12:33
US NTSC because that should work with vga box and I think my dcast has region free mod.

slk486
4th August 2012, 12:47
US NTSC because that should work with vga box and I think my dcast has region free mod.

:thumbsup:

Let me know how it works out for you, as that's the version I'm looking to get too.

Mendel
16th September 2012, 14:11
I have the us ntsc version now. It works with my vga box! It had a broken jewel case though so I put it in a PAL jewel case. :roll:

Thread can be closed.