Best amiga FS?

RedDaemonFox

Amiga's enemy is my enemy!
AmiBayer
Country
United States of Hell
Region
Melbourne, FL 32901
Which one is good for a 2GB cf drive and OS 3.0 (currently) any that is bootable and fast. I have access to PFS3 and SFS

Re: Best amiga FS?

without a doubt PFS3 is the better file system

The PS3 vs SFS puzzles me. I thought that SFS was the open source continuation of PS3. That when PS3 went out of business/sale/what ever. SFS was born out of the ashes.

Also, as SFS is still to some degree maintained and PS3 has been in the grave for some years now. Shouldn't SFS be sweet as honey, and PS3 putrid as h*ell?

Now. I'm not trying to pick a fight. Just asking as this really has my head spinning. And I see lot's of people put down SFS down over PS3, and no stats to back it up ;-P

-> Arnljot :flamethrower: <- PS3 backers.

I'd go with SFS to be honest, as that's always been a happy medium between reliability and ease of use.

It's only a 2GB drive... what's wrong with the built-in FFS?

meega said:
It's only a 2GB drive... what's wrong with the built-in FFS?

Any crash/reset when the disk is being written to, can corrupt the disk with FFS. While its usually fixeable, its still annoying to deal with.

Hmmmm IMHO both are fine.
I have an original copy of PFS3 CD-rom, bought from the author directly IIRC. In one A4000D it was working OK, on the other it would not accept my serial :sigh: So I was forced to use SFS there, and concluded that both are good (y)

@ keropi

See your PM m8y. :wink:

Kin

Back
Top Bottom