kipper2k

Rating - 100%
198   0   0
Country
Canada
Region
Ontario
Hi All,

I am selling fastmem boards for both the A500 and A600. The initial design was created by NedoPC so hats off to
him.

The first board is for the A500.

The A500 4mb/8mb Fast ram board offers 4mb or 8mb of Autoconfig ram which will initialize on bootup (starts at $200000). Simply remove the CPU from the A500 motherboard, place it in the Expansion board socket and then plug the expansion board into the A500 and thats it. (You don't get the CPU in the A500 slot, i am showing it simply for information purposes).

I have been told that this will work with the A1000, A2000 and the CDTV (space permitting). If it doesn't fit
in the CDTV then i will attempt to redesign it later so it does. Until i receive confimation of the A1000, A2000
and CDTV please don't assume it works. I do not have anything but the A500 so i have asked someone to check for
me on the other machines.

Here is a picture of the boards, A500 on the left and A600 on the right. The A500 is shown with 4mb, the 8mb board has 4 memory chips. All Ram on all boards is brand new Infineon (old stock) 60ns ram from unopened packaging

pair.jpg

The second board is for the A600.

This board is a 4MB Fast Ram board with autoconfig memory. The board itself is of a similar design to the
Indivision in that there is a socket on the underside that will press over the CPU. I have designed it so that it
hopefully clears any other addons that people may have in their A600. Once the board is installed, simply turn on
the A600 and the 4MB of Fast ram will autoconfigure (at mem location $200000)

The cost of these boards....

A500 4mb board is $39.00 Cad
A500 8mb board is $49.00 Cad
A600 4mb board is $39.00 Cad

shipping to most parts of the world is 8.75, Australia and some E. Europe is 9.75, USA is $6.50

Shipping will start 30th July. I have a limited amount of boards for the first batch and the second batch
should be available in about 10 - 15 days. To see more info on this project plese see the following threads on
EAB.Abime.net so i don't have to retype everything.

http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=64218 (for the A600)

http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=65155 (for the A500)

Orders will be filled according to date of request. Please bear in mind that i have already received some
requests in the EAB thread and they will be filled first. I do intend on making enough boards to satisfy the
demand so don't worry if you are down the list. I will make the Amibay for sale thread the primary request page
for orders.

For those people who just want the unpopulated boards i will limit blank board sales to 2 per user for the time
being until demand has been met. The cost of the blank boards will be $10.00 and will be available once i receive
my next batch of boards.

to order, please identify your interest in the thread so people can see where they are in the queue and also send me a msg.

Any questions, let me know

Thanks

Edit; Just been checking out CDTV motherboard images, It does look like the board will fit (again no promises) it may simply require an extra set of 32 pin socket strips to raise it a little higher which is no biggie to do

Last edited:
1 x 4 MB A600 and I'll PM when I get home from work.
Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729)

As stated in the other thread:

I want one A600 board and two A500 boards: one 4MB and one 8MB,

PM the shipping costs to Tacoma, WA 98446

Last edited:
Interested in:

1x 4MB A600 board

PM Sent.

(Also expressed interest early in EAB thread.)

Last edited:
Interested in one for an A600 4MB and one 8MB A500. Thanks.

Last edited:
Interested in 2 A500 versions with 4MB. Will PM later tonight for a total cost inc postage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom