Original XBOX playing up - advice welcome

Magno Boots

AmiBayer
Country
North Herts, UK
Fellow Amibayers..

Some fella at work mentioned that he is going to bin his lad's Xbox (original big-box type) because it's playing up and worth nothing :nuts: .

I've offered to have a look at it, and intend to return it upon inspection.

The reported problem is that games load fine but they all freeze after ten minutes of running.

I've had this problem occasionally myself. Only after the machine has been on for many hours.

I suspect overheating / fan problems, but ask that you post a few tips on anything I should be looking out for.

Hopefully I'll be prepared when it arrives

Thanks in advance.

Re: Original XBOX playing up - advice welcome

hey magno, i've had two xboxes do that to me. both were because the molex power connector was loose and so the hdd lost power causing the system to freeze. to fix all i did was tighten the metal contacts in the molex so they made a better connection and i've had trouble free gaming and xbmc since.
worst case scenario, if your colleague is williing, i will give him a working unit with xbmc installed in exchange for the faulty machine. i have 7 of them in the house, all purchased as faulty and now all working so dont mind a new challenge lol

scrappysphinx said:
worst case scenario, if your colleague is williing, i will give him a working unit with xbmc installed in exchange for the faulty machine. i have 7 of them in the house, all purchased as faulty and now all working so dont mind a new challenge lol

LOL that sounds like my house too!!!!

Thanks for the advice Scrappysphinx.

I haven't got my hands on the machine as yet, but this is the first thing I'll check.

Magno

Back
Top Bottom