PDA

View Full Version : Closed SMS fm board

slk486
8th August 2012, 10:46
Looking for an SMS fm board by Viletim (smspower). He will not get stock in a few months, so let me know if you have one that's just lying around and I'll make sure it's put to good use :) - I can replace it in a couple of months ;)

keropi
8th August 2012, 12:54
I sure hope you intend to install it in a SMS1 console my friend, I tried in a SMS2 and it picks up all knid of noises... not sure if it's my fault (tried with 2 machines) or just bad luck, Tim checked my board and found it OK...

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p55/restqp/test234/install6.jpg
more pics here (http://s125.photobucket.com/albums/p55/restqp/test234/) if anyone is interested , getting bored installing it from scratch several times LOL

I was just about to open a thread for a sms1 console, seems we think alike in awesome stuff :lol:

slk486
8th August 2012, 13:25
I was just about to open a thread for a sms1 console, seems we think alike in awesome stuff :lol:

We do :lol:

Yes, it's for the SMS from r0jaws. From what I gather though, it should work fine in an SMS 2 also?

keropi
8th August 2012, 13:29
You're set then, sms1 install is easy
It works in sms2 , it just picks up some buzzing noise that is terrible - it just ruins the fun.... had no luck pinpointing the fault, you can even touch it and change the buzzing tone. I really think it's better suited for a sms1 console.

mfilos
9th August 2012, 11:51
Or unless you put some filter capacitors to lower the noise...
I saw Keropi's video and indeed is annoying as fok. Pitty though, it's some nice l33t stuff for SMS

slk486
9th August 2012, 12:37
Or unless you put some filter capacitors to lower the noise...
I saw Keropi's video and indeed is annoying as fok. Pitty though, it's some nice l33t stuff for SMS

Nothing but the best for our old school companions :) Same reason I have an a/v Famicom on the way! :cool:

slk486
12th August 2012, 10:23
I should now have one enroute from the us, courtesy of the smspower forums, so this wanted is on standby for now.

slk486
24th August 2012, 08:59
Received, installed and working great. Mods, please close thread :)