Sold Atari STe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will send payment tomorrow!

And then I can see which one is better, a miggy or a tardis. ;)

Nothing "just works" for me :roll:
never, ever, can anything just work right out of the box.

There is always some kind of trouble, whatever it is that I buy.

Connected rgb scart to my tv and the Atari, power cable to the Atari and the power socket... Powered on and there is black screen.

Floppy drive keeps clicking though so I think it boots...

I don´t have any ideas for troubleshooting but my guess is my tv dislikes Atari.

I will narrow it down later by connecting to gbs scaler and monitor and I may try the living room tv when everyone else falls asleep as well.

Also I don´t seem to have a power supply for satandisk, but I think it needs one. If I´m right though, I should not actually need the Satandisk to get some kind of picture out of the Atari.

Atari actually needs quite a time to give you TOS screen if there is not disk inserted. Even blank one should to it (I included you few :D ).

Okay, I tried both with a disk and without and I kept it on for several minutes but no image on my tv. I think my tv is too modern. I will have to see if I can find an old crt tv or even some kind of Atari monitor somewhere.

Oh and thanks for the diskettes!

The cable isn't probably providing blanking for your tv. Is it possible to set manually to tak RGB in scart? Get an aerial cable and connect that between the RF modulator and antenna input (it still takes analog signal, right?).

Get a Salora or Finlux. Those should support setting Scart into RGB.

Part of the problem is that my tv has no remote controller :)
It always displayed rgb scart with other devices when I just set it to av1 from one of the buttons on the tv.

Bad_Ad84 will do for me the mod where gbs8220 has scart input.
Then the image would go from vga out to my crt monitor.

I am not sure if this will work with the Atari but that´s what I will try.

Still no picture but some progress: I managed to make the leds light up in the satandisk device.

How convenient: the power supply of the zx spectrum 128 provides 9V and seems to be good to power up the satandisk with the exact correct connector! :D

Open up the RGB cable's DIN-13 connector and check if theres a lead coming from pin 12 to Scart's pin 16. That should provide the blanking. If you have a multimeter, you don't have to open the connector. Just use the meter to check continuity between pins. See link for pinout. http://info-coach.fr/atari/hardware/interfaces.php
Also check if pins 8 and 8 of the connectors are connected. That'll do the AV switching.

I´m much too idiot for that. Oge will make an rgb scart cable with lcd compatibility enhancements for me (y)

Machine works.

kuvam.jpg

But now I realize I have no mouse!

I thought I could somehow attach a micromüs to this thing but I can see nothing like such a port where it would fit. I don´t know how I didn´t check this before.

edit: No... wait... on the bottom? Woohoo, a mouse port! :D But no, the connector doesn´t quite fit in that space there... I need a joystick port extension cord... I have one of those... now where did I put it...

edit2: Yup! That´s a moving mouse cursor on black and white background!

Last edited:
I´m not sure. I´ll check.

It seems I never left feedback before now because it took me this long to make sure that the machine does anything at all. The fact that I get any picture at all with a new cable should prove beyond any reasonable doubt that it´s just that my tv is incompatible with the machine.

Both have now sent feedback. It´s a challenging thing to get this to work with my whole setup and I can´t do everything too quick but at least the machine itself seems to work, I just need to solve my display problems one way or the other and after that I need to start figuring out about how to use the Satandisk device :cool: and also how to make this a little bit less... well... French :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom