Sold 2 x Spectrum +3, +2, Interface 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

d0m

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Country
London, UK
Last batch of Sinclair hardware, I'll be off to the Commodore, Amiga, Other and Sinclair software sections when I can face them :)

If you want to collect, I'm located in SW17, or I can bring stuff into Bank/Liverpool St/Moorgate areas of London if it's not too heavy. Of course, I can always post.

Payment via paypal, please either pay the fees yourself or gift.

Interface 1

This is working, but has been "Pickford"ed, aka a victim of a forklift driven into the crate and the contents left to fall to the floor. As a result plastic on the back has snapped off. The bit is there, is a tight fit, and if you're a dab hand at gluing it shouldn't be a problem. £17 + p/p

2012-08-16%20interface1.jpg

2012-08-16%20interface1-2.jpg

Serial number is 02-044164.

Spectrum +3

This one is nearly working. I think it needs a new keyboard, or at the very least the caps-shift line investigating. Has a nice new drive belt.

I've got a PSU for this one, though it is heavy so let me know whether you want it. £20 + p/p

2012-08-16%20plus3.jpg

Spectrum +3

Based on the state of the edge connectors and some scratches on the drive bay, I think this is my original +3. Unfortunately it doesn't reset properly, instead creating pretty patterns and the occasional beep. The keyboard here is also dubious since I moved them around to get some working machines!

I've got a PSU for this one, though it is heavy so let me know whether you want it. £12 + p/p

2012-08-16%20dplus3.jpg

Spectrum +2

A complete non-booter (which probably means the keyboard works!) Unfortunately it's also been subject to the expert storage solutions available at Pickfords. No PSU available. £8 + p/p

2012-08-16%20plus2.png

2012-08-16%20plus2-2.jpg

Multibuy Saver

Not quite bogof, but you can have the +2 and the 2x +3 for £35 +p/p

Hi there d0m, I'm interested in the

"Multibuy Saver

Not quite bogof, but you can have the +2 and the 2x +3 for £35 +p/p"

PM on the way (y)

most interested in the bundle let me clear this with the wife... once sec

[edit]
Allan beat me - well done sir!

Hi there Zetr0,

I will give you first chance for these as I know you will put them to good use. Let me know before I send a PM OK, I am not in any particular need for these at the moment so I can wait or go through with the transaction, I am easy either way :)

I will check back in the morning but either way Zetr0 or myself will buy these :)

No worries - I'm awaiting a new delivery of bubble wrap so a few hours makes no difference.

Hopefully they'll be easy to get up and running again and put to good use.

Hi there Zetr0,

I will give you first chance for these as I know you will put them to good use. Let me know before I send a PM OK, I am not in any particular need for these at the moment so I can wait or go through with the transaction, I am easy either way :)

I will check back in the morning but either way Zetr0 or myself will buy these :)

You sir are a shining example of awesomeness wrapped up into an AmiBayer!

I don't need these my friend, I just enjoy the challenge of repairing and upgrading, So please avail yourself of these little beauties and please don't hesitate to ask me if I can help in anyway =)

I look forward to your repair threads, I may have some things to help you out too =)

Cheers Zetr0,

I'm not one for doing a repair thread, I normally just do something and its done, by then the opportunity to document its repair has passed. I must admit though that I also enjoy reading the ones others have created. In the case of the new keyboard replacement all that needs doing is unscrewing the metal plate from the original keyboard and giving the keys a good clean while its loose (fluff and dust build up), replacing the membrane, screwing back the metal plate etc then plugging the 2 connectors into the main PCB and basically its done. I know from past experience that its also a good idea to check the PCB for signs of damage as well as signs of liquid spillage while the case is open, its surprising what a bit of gooey residue can do to these things :LOL:

One of these +3's will also get my newer IDE interface that you made and +3E roms (I already have a couple programmed and ready to go). The other +3 will be something to play around with and the +2 is the same grey type that I also purchased recently so it will be spares or repair for that one but I will see once I open her up (y)

Very good news, the parcel has arrived safe and sound today :)
I'm going to enjoy playing around with these after I've walked the dog and got him sorted. I've had a lot of appointments lately and today was the best time for me to receive the parcel, Cheers d0m for timing it right (y)

Feedback on its way and thanks for all the effort you put in to making this a great experience :)

That's brilliant news, hope you have fun reviving them. Feedback left.

Somewhat amusingly, the original delivery company eventually turned up. Twice. :)

That's brilliant news, hope you have fun reviving them. Feedback left.

Somewhat amusingly, the original delivery company eventually turned up. Twice. :)

He he just like buses you wait ages for one then two or three turn up at the same time :D

You were right about the first one needing a keyboard membrane, its working fine with a new one, I also removed the TV modulator as it was loose and needs a new connector but I will be using it with a scart lead anyway. I may replace the modulator at a later date though (or solder a new connector in it) but that isn't really needed except to fill the hole where it used to be. The 2nd +3 will need more attention as there is no obvious signs of damage etc so it will take a bit more time to find the fault but that's the fun part ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom