PDA

View Full Version : Found A Zorro Ethernet card... X-Surf, etc.

unclemat
21st August 2012, 07:38
Need a zorro ethernet card for my A4000. I am in the U.S, but can also receive shipments in Europe (shipping to the U.S. preferred). Thanks!

unclemat
24th August 2012, 01:33
Badly need one! Ariadne would be a godsend.

rkauer
24th August 2012, 02:51
If everything else fails, you can use a Zorro card with built-in clockport interface (the Buddha, for example) and add a Subway to it.

The Subway is a USB card, so all you need then is a dirty cheap USB-to-Ethernet adaptor.

unclemat
24th August 2012, 03:42
Thanks for the tip, but it looks like it would be even harder to collect these parts.

Should have snagged X-Surf while it was still available... anyone knows why they are no longer made?

quarkx
24th August 2012, 04:46
Should have snagged X-Surf while it was still available... anyone knows why they are no longer made?

I would guess that it's because Jens is really busy with his latest builds. I would hope and imagine that when time permits, he will either make another batch or re-design an even beter solution.

DoctorQ
24th August 2012, 08:48
I have just sold my spare X-Surf, but I have a spare Ariadne II card. Feel free to send me a offer through PM.

AndyLandy
24th August 2012, 09:42
anyone knows why they are no longer made?

I believe Jens ran out of ISA RealTek 8029 donor cards...

beholder242
24th August 2012, 18:01
I know this is off-topic, but it seems to me that a guy as brilliant as Jens could design a net board from scratch. From the looks of the "Wanted Hardware" forum, he could probably make some serious bank on such a product based on how many people are looking for network cards for their big-box Amigas.

FastRobPlus
24th August 2012, 21:56
If everything else fails, you can use a Zorro card with built-in clockport interface (the Buddha, for example) and add a Subway to it.

The Subway is a USB card, so all you need then is a dirty cheap USB-to-Ethernet adaptor.

I know there is a lot of off-topic stuff in this thread... but are Buddha and Subway still available? If not, I'd think looking for an XSurf would be comparativley easier, since you'd only be looking for one out of production item...

unclemat
27th August 2012, 18:57
bump!

unclemat
5th September 2012, 05:35
can't find one anywhere!

rkauer
5th September 2012, 05:41

The 8029 is a PCI card, mate.

unclemat
12th September 2012, 21:19
<oh, crap, I thought I bumping my post on amiga.org, sorry!>

will not bump it again until 3 wks pass!

beholder242
17th September 2012, 15:42
I've got both an Ariadne II and an X-Surf 3cc that I'd be willing to part with. They were originally intended for a couple of A4000 restorations, but that has fallen through and I don't need the boards now.

I only have the boards (no manuals or original driver disks), but I can provide copies of the driver disks. Both boards are in working condition.

$200 plus S&H for your choice.

unclemat
17th September 2012, 16:50
I've got both an Ariadne II and an X-Surf 3cc that I'd be willing to part with. They were originally intended for a couple of A4000 restorations, but that has fallen through and I don't need the boards now.

I only have the boards (no manuals or original driver disks), but I can provide copies of the driver disks. Both boards are in working condition.

Sending pm.

Akiko80
17th September 2012, 18:58

My guess is because the Deneb USB card came along, but as Chris Hodges and Michael Böhmer have since fell out, there is definitely the demand for another X-Surf production run.

unclemat
18th September 2012, 19:50

Sent payment for X-Surf 3cc! Please mark this as found.

Dragonheart
18th September 2012, 20:34
Congrats Unclemat :thumbsup:
Good things come to those who wait ;)

unclemat
18th September 2012, 20:48
Indeed. Found Deneb (and a cheap one to boot :cool:) and X-Surf 3cc on the same day... I will likely sell X-Surf later but snatched it for now.

defdog
19th September 2012, 04:30
Declaring interest in the Adriane II card if its available.

I cant PM quite yet.

---------- Post added at 22:30 ---------- Previous post was at 22:28 ----------

Or an X-Surf or Subway for an A4000D.

My floppy just died so I cant crossdos anything.
And there's no CDROM on it (trying to get it to work but I think I need newer GVP scsi drivers).

AndyLandy
19th September 2012, 11:05

The 8029 is a PCI card, mate.

Such a pedant! Whichever card it was, maybe the 8019?

Anyway, the point stands. X-Surfs are made by adapting an ISA ethernet controller; when stocks of those ran out, no more could be made.

Same reason Jens can't make more ACA123x cards. Lack of supply for the '030 CPUs.

beholder242
26th September 2012, 19:17
If you're expressing interest in the Ariadne II that I have, it is still available.

I'll send you a PM.

Declaring interest in the Adriane II card if its available.

I cant PM quite yet.

---------- Post added at 22:30 ---------- Previous post was at 22:28 ----------

Or an X-Surf or Subway for an A4000D.

My floppy just died so I cant crossdos anything.
And there's no CDROM on it (trying to get it to work but I think I need newer GVP scsi drivers).

defdog
27th September 2012, 03:55
Thanks for checking this thread beholder. I kinda ninja'd myself like a n00b onto this.