mjnurney

we live as we dream. Alone.
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
Country
england
Region
Milton Keynes
As ive done a few of these i thought i would offer my services if anyone needs it.

I will upgrade your Apollo 68040 accelerator (1240) to a 68060 cpu.

whats needed from you.

A working 1240 with a 131 mach chip - a 130 will not work!
A 68060 cpu.
(or i can just socket the 68040 for you)

i can upgrade the socket and pop your 68040 in it and you can swap the cpu at your leisure if required.

i can supply at extra cost unless you have them.

68060 cpu socket or rows of pins (i will not solder direct to the board)
power regulator (the 68040 doesnt need one, the 68060 does ! )
apollo ROM (68060 version) last release.

NOTES

I will not solder CPU's or ROMs direct to the accelerator board - so dont ask thinking it will be cheaper.

Base cost £35 - this covers

You post to me. i remove the 68040 and fit a socket or pins.
solder pins for voltage reg
remove old ROM and solder a socket (pins)
i then post to you recorded delivery. (insurance extra) UK

or £40 for

You post to me. i remove the 68040 and fit a socket or pins.
remove old ROM and solder a socket (pins) and fit a new rom
solder pins for voltage reg
i then post to you recorded delivery. (insurance extra) UK

(postage overseas extra of course)

extras

68060 moulded socket £10
reg kit and eprom rom from me £10
2nd ram socket to give 64mb £10
heatsink & fan £10

i cannot supply 68060 cpus - sorry.

All upgrades are tested and are guaranteed working before shipping back to you. A youtube vid and HD pics can be supplied if required.

Various people will vouch for my work on here im sure.

mike.

*****READ**** this guide on using the Apollo with Workbench

https://www.amibay.com/showthread.php?p=387660#post387660

Last edited:
But for the CPU, I would have one on its way. There are only a couple on the evilbay and as steve pointed out, there are a lot of fakes.:dry:

---------- Post added at 22:30 ---------- Previous post was at 22:21 ----------

Here's MJ's handy work!

https://www.amibay.com/showthread.php?t=32882

Was stunned by the quality of the job, A+++++ (y)(y)(y)

Good luck with the upgrade service :)

I can confirm this also, as I am now in possession of the board referenced in the thread above.

The quality of the work is obvious and its a solid job, very nicely done!

Edit : Just to be clear Mike, I am wanting to get said board upgraded to 80 mhz or so, so it only actually needs a new crystal and faster cpu then testing and heatsink/fan added if necessary. But getting a hold of the right CPU is the problem of course. You know this board well of course, having converted it to an 060 to begin with.

@mjnurney: as I am a new owner of this card (Apollo 1240), I'll be perhaps interested by your services! (y)

I will potentially be asking to use your services. Potential pm inbound in a short while. :)

@WD try a 80 MHz crystal first , I think I ran Steve's card at 66 MHz without any drama

you supply it - £10 to fit & test and post back, or i'll supply it / fit and post back to you £20

Excellent Service Mike, good luck with it and thanks.

If I had a Mach131 I would be sending you my card buddy.

TC (y)

you supply it - £10 to fit & test and post back, or i'll supply it / fit and post back to you £20
That sounds very reasonable to me, make sure you don't run out of slots as you will need to supply one for me. I will pm you after I get the playexpo out of the way this weekend to sort it out.

Pahhh I never got my Apollo to 100mhz like you did Roy..

I think 83 or 84 MHz was my max

And you want me to do blizzards! Lol

im sorry mike,im not trying to push you/anyone into anything just saying the conversion from 040 to 060 is similar.lol

Hi Mike,

Just getting back to you via Amibay instead of hotmail! I don't have the CPU unfortunately, but I'd like to get the work done in case I get my hands on one in the future! The card is for my desktop A1200, if I get a socket for extra RAM will it still be able to fit in (with or without the actual RAM)? Can't PM as yet, but if you could drop me a line with costs, postage address etc would be very grateful! Also, as my introduction stated, I'm both an newbie and not technically astute regarding my amiga so sorry for silly questions! Thanks.

Colin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom