PDA

View Full Version : Found DS Flash Cart

scrappysphinx
23rd August 2012, 13:22
Hi all, looking for a DS flash cart for my daughters DS Lite.

Don't need any memory cards just the flash cart as cheap as possible.

I was going to order one but i can only find retailers outside the UK and majority will only take Western Union for payment and i just don't fancy that system.

So anybody have anything?

Thanks

Mike

Ericgb1
23rd August 2012, 13:24
Plenty of them available search on google for r1 cards .uk supplier when I lasted looked hope this help of not my local shop sells them could give your there no sure they would post one hope this helps .

slk486
23rd August 2012, 13:26
If all else fails I can get you one from here http://batech.dk/produkter/6-nintendo-ds-lite/ and ship it on to you.

Plenty of them available search on google for r1 cards .uk supplier when I lasted looked hope this help of not my local shop sells them could give your there no sure they would post one hope this helps .

Surely you mean R4?

piacc64
23rd August 2012, 13:37
i have a R4 sdhc clone and M3 clone, i can send you one of these for x€ p&p include

scrappysphinx
23rd August 2012, 13:51
piacc64, pm sent

@slk486 thanks for the kind offer.

@Ericgb1, thanks but i did a google search and although i found a lot of sites claiming to be UK based they were actually all shipping from China and most of them wanted payment via Western Union and one by MoneyBookers.

alexh
23rd August 2012, 14:01
Selling and importing DS flash cards is illegal in the UK so watch out.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-10790835

AmiNeo
23rd August 2012, 14:07
Crap does this include Everdrives? :unsure:

I'm guessing no since it doesnt affect anything in production today? Hopefully?

alexh
23rd August 2012, 14:55
Everdrive units also breach ss 296ZD and 296 of the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988 as they circumvent the ETM [effective technological measures within the meaning of s 296ZD].

I think the ruling was just against Nintendo DS carts, I don't know if it includes "games copiers" in general.

http://www.bailii.org/ew/cases/EWHC/Ch/2010/1932.html

AmiNeo
23rd August 2012, 15:14
Need to find out for sure because theres no way I feel good about being responsible for importing a huge number of them if it carries that kind of risk.:picard

---------- Post added at 15:14 ---------- Previous post was at 15:07 ----------

According to that even possession of one is an infringement whether its being used for piracy or not... and has been since 1988 :( That R4 case shouldnt have even gone to proceedings.

Zetr0
23rd August 2012, 17:01
Everdrive units also breach ss 296ZD and 296 of the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988 as they circumvent the ETM [effective technological measures within the meaning of s 296ZD].

I think the ruling was just against Nintendo DS carts, I don't know if it includes "games copiers" in general.

http://www.bailii.org/ew/cases/EWHC/Ch/2010/1932.html

Just to throw some sense onto this,

The ruling was in regard to the use of Nintendo's own Proprietary code being used to circumvent Nintendo's own security measure.

Nintendo's use of section 296D

In the Particulars of Claim, Nintendo asserts claims under the circumvention of copy-protection provisions, namely section 296ZD and section 296 of the Copyright Designs and Patents Act 1988 ("the Act"). In addition they assert "normal" copyright infringement (by authorisation) in respect of some copyright works transiently copied into the random access memory in the course of use of the defendants' devices. Claims for infringement of Community trade marks which are made in the Particulars of Claim are accepted to be unsuitable for summary judgement, and were not pursued on this application.

Please see Section 296ZD (http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1988/48/section/296ZD) ( copyrights and patents act of 1988 )

Please note that this circumvention (and the lynch pin of the ruling) was achieved because these adapters used of Nintendo's own code, that was under copyright.

The accused devices also contain circuitry, software and data (including a copy of the NLDF) which enable them to pass the tests performed by the Nintendo DS to verify that the game card inserted is genuine. In this way, the accused devices enable unlawful copies of Nintendo games to be played successfully on the Nintendo DS, as well as other material. The evidence establishes that when a game is played, substantial parts of the game code are loaded into the RAM of the Nintendo DS console.
Nintendo's case under section 296ZD

The report of the case continues with reasoning under section 296 requesting proof of

Mr Howe submits, and I accept, that a claimant relying upon the rights afforded by s.296ZD needs to show the following things:
(a) In relation to ETM:
(i) that there are "technological measures";
(ii) that they have been "applied" to a copyright work or works (other than a computer program); and
(iii) that they are "effective".(b) that the defendant has manufactured, imported, distributed, sold etc, a "device, product or component" or provided services which:
(i) are promoted, advertised or marketed for the purpose of the circumvention of the ETM;
(ii) have only a limited commercially significant purpose or use other than to circumvent the ETM; or
(iii) are primarily designed, produced, adapted or performed for the purpose of enabling or facilitating the circumvention of the ETM.

Now the Megadrive has never had any EMT measures, if they did then EA would be in serious trouble since they produced and distributed their own products for the Mega-Drive without any royalty to Saga.

While the SNES had a lockout chip mechanism it is far from "effective" and can be circumvented with a simple switch.

The same could be said with the Turbo Graphics as well as the Game Gear and a lot of other devices from the eighties to early 90's.

Finally, the other point in Nintendo's case was the use of section 296F

"Technological measures shall be deemed 'effective' where the use of a protected work or other subject-matter is controlled by the rightholders through application of an access control or protection process, such as encryption, scrambling or other transformation of the work or other subject-matter or a copy control mechanism, which achieves the protection objective."

Again, the rights holders "Nintendo" implemented an encryption / scrambling mechanism that is controlled by their proprietary code.

alexh
23rd August 2012, 19:35
While the SNES had a lockout chip mechanism it is far from "effective" and can be circumvented with a simple switch.
And the Everdrive64 uses a real Nintendo CIC chip from a donor cartridge.

I'm sure it was just because the DS / DSi / 3DS are still selling that Nintendo went after them.

scrappysphinx
23rd August 2012, 19:58
While the above discussion is intriguing i'd like to add that I have pm'd piacc64 and sent him payment for the r4 sdhc clone.

piacc64
23rd August 2012, 20:05
payment ok,

r4 sent

Mendel
27th August 2012, 19:17
edit out: wrong thread

scrappysphinx
29th August 2012, 20:02
Received today and working fine.

Feedback left

Feedback received so closing thread.