PDA

View Full Version : Closed Spectrum IDE Hard Disk Adapter R3.1D

Zetr0
3rd September 2012, 16:09
Hello my friends,

Today I have for sale the Z80 Universal IDE Adapter R3.1D Ģ19.99

http://s6.postimage.org/7if47o5o1/shoot_2.jpg (http://postimage.org/)
(cpu not included)

The adapter, like its predecessor can be configured for use with the following

Spectrum Spectrum 48k
Spectrum Spectrum 48k+
Spectrum Spectrum 128K (Toast Rack)
Spectrum Spectrum 128k +2 (Grey)
Spectrum Spectrum 128k +2AB (Black)
Spectrum Spectrum 128k +3

The adapter will be configured to what you want on purchase but is also re-configurable should you change your mind later. This adapter supports a de-bounced NMI header for use with the 48k through to the 128k +2 (Grey)

This allows for saving and loading snap-shots

http://s6.postimage.org/8jfcwsmnl/shoot_1.jpg (http://postimage.org/)

The above comes with a 15cm IDE cable a small instructions leaflet for connectivity to your system.

http://s6.postimage.org/d7n338uy9/shoot_3.jpg (http://postimage.org/)

I can also provide the following -

A small push-connect button for the NMI feature Ģ2.00
Programmed ROM's

Ģ2.00 for 1x W27C257 freely programmed with PPROM (suitble for the 48k upto the 128k +2 (Grey) models)
Ģ4.00 for 2x W27C257 freely programmed with the +3e DOS(suitbile for the 128K +2AB and +3 models)

(some more pictures to follow)

Here is a User Manual - Z80 8bit UIDE Manual (http://www.filedropper.com/z80-8bit-uide-manual)

I only have 20 of these available and these are the last 8bit IDE adapters for the spectrum I plan on making for quite some time.

Thanks for reading

Virge
3rd September 2012, 16:16
Hi mate ;)

And the price is .. ? :thumbsup:

Regards
Pedro ;)

Zetr0
3rd September 2012, 16:21
:oops:

sorry - for the base unit Ģ19.99 + Postage (fees included)

Virge
3rd September 2012, 16:29
It works like divide?

Regards
Any demo available?

Pedro:thumbsup:

jamiem
3rd September 2012, 16:40
Hi, interested in two including the ROMs. Will require one for a 48K+ and a 128K +3. Will PM to confirm my exact needs!

mjnurney
3rd September 2012, 18:54
Mr Zetr0 ohhhhh knowledgable one...what is the difference between this and the previous one i bought >?

can i fit the older one in a 128k ? or will it need a good romming ;-)

johnim
3rd September 2012, 19:03
Nice work mr z :thumbsup:

sorry for clogging your thread :whistle:

Zetr0
3rd September 2012, 21:12
It works like divide?

Regards
Any demo available?

Pedro:thumbsup:

Not exactly, the DivIDE in its standard form, wont allow you to save any work to the hard-disk device - it only lets you play it.

You could upgrade the DivIDE to include EXSDOS and this will add that functionality back, sadly this also increases the price slightly.

The adapter on a +3 or Black +2(A/B) provides a lot of fun -

Currently I have been playing DOOM (http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&feature=endscreen&v=3v7cFGneuaw) on the spectrum from CF card

For more info about using this adapter on the +2AB or +3 then

here is an overview (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAbnsdEQez4&list=UUb0IHiFMeWHXGDN_eEYzozw&index=3&feature=plcp) , here is more detail on Formatting and Creating Partitions (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQJAlyLaGvk&list=UUb0IHiFMeWHXGDN_eEYzozw&index=1&feature=plcp)

I have also a tutorial to put up on how to back-up your disk and tape games to the hard-disk device.

Mr Zetr0 ohhhhh knowledgable one...what is the difference between this and the previous one i bought >?

can i fit the older one in a 128k ? or will it need a good romming ;-)

Yes and no, the older adapter doesn't have the NMI de-bounce circuit but you can easily add one.

You will need to add a 33pf and 1Meg Ohm (in parallel) from the switch to ground and the other end to the NMI on the Z80 ( pin 17 ).

The switch needs to be a momentary switch =)

The ROM upgrade will be Pera Putniks (you can view more here (http://piters.tripod.com/zx.htm))

you will need to choose either 500MB or under or larger. The disk will need to be formatted and prepared using DrvImg (http://piters.tripod.com/drimg107.zip) - you can add your favourite snapshots and games using that program

Here is a you-tube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1oc0_QJ1hgY) of it - I am not sure if it supports 128k snap-shots.

Nice work mr z :thumbsup:

sorry for clogging your thread :whistle:

My sincere thanks =)

BrooksterMax
3rd September 2012, 21:21
Hello Lord Zetr0 of great speccy hardware invention fame.

I would love one of these for my +2 (black, not sure which revision A or B yet) or my +3 if that is not being too picky, so could I delcare interest for

One unit with a +3e ROM to cover either of my machines :thumbsup:

Speak to you soon, must catch up in any event :thumbsup:

Mendel
3rd September 2012, 21:29
Question. Where does this get connected to the Spectrum? This doesnīt look like it has a connector like the divide...
I must open the case and insert this somewhere inside the Spectrum?

What does the other side of that board look like?

Edit:
This is getting really silly.

I get the random kepston movement and firing signals when there is no joystick cable connected... and I just found out this: I get the random joystick movement signals when there is no joystick interface connected. It is enough if I choose kempston in the game menu and the player character will automatically turn, jump and fire randomly.

BUT: If I connect the ram turbo joystick interface, then this does not happen! (it just has the crashing problems sometimes.)

Zetr0
3rd September 2012, 23:13
Hello Lord Zetr0 of great speccy hardware invention fame.

I would love one of these for my +2 (black, not sure which revision A or B yet) or my +3 if that is not being too picky, so could I delcare interest for

One unit with a +3e ROM to cover either of my machines :thumbsup:

Speak to you soon, must catch up in any event :thumbsup:

That my friend sounds like a plan, if you are allowed out this friday theres a curry night on - bring your designated spectrum over and we will install it. (also find yourself a small-ish CF card and I will program it while you are over) =)

Question. Where does this get connected to the Spectrum? This doesnīt look like it has a connector like the divide...
I must open the case and insert this somewhere inside the Spectrum?

What does the other side of that board look like?

This adapter plugs into the CPU socket of the spectrum - and the CPU plugs on top.

Underneath is just a IC ZIF Pin header, resistor and capacitor =)

rkauer
4th September 2012, 02:59
Interested in one unit to support the development.

Also a Pera Putnik's EPROM, but I don't know which Speccy I'll grab for it, so you can put a blank unit on the package.

Pending the EPROM version I can skip it. I have a few salvaged pc flash ROM in my cave doing nothing.

pstrinic
4th September 2012, 03:23
I'm thinking I need one as well, with all the trimmings. For the +3 I would say, maybe a +2 rom as well. Can't hurt if I change my mind in a week ;)

Zetr0
4th September 2012, 11:03
Interested in one unit to support the development.

Also a Pera Putnik's EPROM, but I don't know which Speccy I'll grab for it, so you can put a blank unit on the package.

Pending the EPROM version I can skip it. I have a few salvaged pc flash ROM in my cave doing nothing.

The PCB manufacture was very kind and sent me more PCB's than I had ordered. Because of this I am in a position to give out a a handful of these adapters free - I have created a list of those I feel have made a positive community contribution in some way (and doesn't already have one of these).

I am pleased to say you are on that list, yours was sent Friday.

Instructions on how to configure the adapter and programmable EEPROM's (3x W27E257) are on also in the box

Zetr0
4th September 2012, 11:06
I'm thinking I need one as well, with all the trimmings. For the +3 I would say, maybe a +2 rom as well. Can't hurt if I change my mind in a week ;)

PM has been replied to =)

While these adapter are re-configurable for any Spectrum computer, you will need to add a small bit of solder on to three solder jumpers as well as cut three solder jumpers.

Mendel
4th September 2012, 11:26
Please, if possible, reserve one ide interface for me while I consider my options .

My spectrum 128k with turbo ram joystick interface and divide seems to crash loading many games... as an effort to bypass these problems I bought a simple kempston joystick interface which fixes the loading crashing but introduces a new problem: I am getting random joystick move and fire signals which still effectively kills any effort to play games. :(
(no such random signals problems with turbo ram joystick interface with those games that do not crash with it)

So I am hoping maybe itīs compatibility with divide and these interfaces vs my speccy 128k toaster... and Iīm hoping maybe if I buy this other ide interface of yours, I would get better results. Alternative would be to solder a very complex (to me anyways, maybe itīs simple to people who actually know what theyīre doing) fix to the turbo ram joystick interface as described here: http://www.truppel-online.de/spc/RAMTurboMod001.pdf

Which way would you recommend I should go? I have never opened the spectrum and I am a bit unsure about it as I dont even know for sure if replacing the divide with your solution would be the solution... Also obviously I would need some kind of solution for connecting cf card hard drive to this new ide interface... and maybe some software? Or maybe I should just get the joystick interface fixed and keep the divide.

Sorry for being a bit confused :help:

Zetr0
4th September 2012, 12:24
@Mendel

Hello there, the problem you are experiencing is the fact the joystick interface is not fully decoding the bus and as such introducing problems with the DivIDE.

Ben (Bverstee) on WoS has a small product that can solve this problem for you - alternatively if you like getting your hands dirty with a soldering iron, bread-board and a couple of IC's you could easily make your own.

this IDE adapter is not like the standard DivIDE, as it allows for the loading and saving of files to the hard-disk, in the case of the 48k Spectrum's this is best achieved through the loading and saving of snap-shots.

here is how to get files (http://piters.tripod.com/drimus.htm) to the Spectrum using DrvImg

It is important to know that a lot of early issue Spectrum's have the CPU and ROM soldered to the motherboard - obviously these would need to be de-soldered and sockets installed.

Mendel
4th September 2012, 12:36
Hmm, I suppose Iīll try one more joystick interface. Iīll ask Bverstee. Thanks!

Snoozy
4th September 2012, 22:26
Interested in 128k +2 version and have pm'd zetr0 some questions :)

iainjh
5th September 2012, 13:24
Hi Zetro!

err, I still havent had time to fit the last version i bought from you :(

can i buy an eprom though and tell me where how to fit an nmi switch to the one i have? I'll get to it in a few weeks (i promise :) )

nice one

cheers!

Zetr0
5th September 2012, 13:28
Hi Zetro!

err, I still havent had time to fit the last version i bought from you :(

can i buy an eprom though and tell me where how to fit an nmi switch to the one i have? I'll get to it in a few weeks (i promise :) )

nice one

cheers!

sure PM on route =)

thingley
19th September 2012, 21:09
Hi Zetro,

If you have any of these left I would be interested in one.

I'm looking to try it in a grey +2 so I would need the switch, an ide cable and an eeprom with the PP rom for the +2.

Any left?

Thanks

Zetr0
19th September 2012, 21:18
I am sure we can sort something out - PM on route

storhemulen
27th September 2012, 07:33
Hello there Zetr0! I'm interested in one adapter with extras and PPROM. Sending PM.

merlinkv
27th September 2012, 15:31
@Zetr0

Hi my friend,

Do you have one of these 3.1D adapters with extras available? I'm interested to buy one for my +3e :)

Zetr0
28th September 2012, 10:23
Hi guys,

sorry things have been a little hectic here, I shall PM you both shortly =)

merlinkv
28th September 2012, 10:29
Hi guys,

sorry things have been a little hectic here, I shall PM you both shortly =)

Thanks my friend :thumbsup:

stuo666
28th September 2012, 10:59
Hi there , very interested in IDE adapter for 48k Spectrum and all extra's to make my Speecy hum :) Sending PM

Zetr0
28th September 2012, 11:30
PM's replied to =)

merlinkv
10th October 2012, 15:00
@Zetr0

Hi my friend :)

As agreed, payment sent :thumbsup:

My best wishes as allways

Pablo

jvdw007
2nd November 2012, 10:41
Interested. Sending PM.

pkersey
18th November 2012, 15:46
Interested. Please calculate postage costs to Brazil, post code 01315-001. Thanks!

pstrinic
18th November 2012, 16:13
Still waiting on mine :(

rkauer
20th November 2012, 04:47
Still waiting for a quote.

Firthy2002
21st November 2012, 17:26
Any left?

merlinkv
25th November 2012, 08:51
Hi Zetr0,

Any news about my package?......

:coffee:

vladimircezar
27th November 2012, 16:19
I'm interested. PM sent.

highlandcattle
13th December 2012, 20:44
Declaring interest in one for my grey speccy +2 with all the options.

storhemulen
14th December 2012, 09:03
Where is Zetr0? He does not respond to PMs sent several weeks ago.

Justin
14th December 2012, 09:17
Where is Zetr0? He does not respond to PMs sent several weeks ago.

Keith is very busy at the moment, he has a lot going on and his internet is intermitant at best. but have no fear he will return!!:)

storhemulen
14th December 2012, 11:17
Keith is very busy at the moment, he has a lot going on and his internet is intermitant at best. but have no fear he will return!!:)

OK, that's good to know. :thumbsup:

GtB
15th December 2012, 22:12
I know Zetr0's pretty busy right now, so I was wondering if anyone on here could advise me - I've installed Zetr0's IDE adaptor in a Spectrum +3, along with the +3e ROMS - seems fine and still starts up. However, as soon as I plug a CF card into the CF to IDE adaptor I have connected, I just get a stripy screen and the Spectrum hangs. There's power to the CF/IDE adaptor (5v) so I'm wondering if it's the size of the CF card (4GB) that's to blame? Has anyone else had any similar issue, and if so, how did you solve it?

Any suggestions appreciated.

Thanks
:help:

thingley
16th December 2012, 00:27
I'm pretty sure the limit is 2GB - I haven't tried plugging anything bigger than that in.

Definitely worth trying to get hold of a 2GB card from somewhere.

GtB
16th December 2012, 17:08
I'm pretty sure the limit is 2GB - I haven't tried plugging anything bigger than that in.

Ebay here I come!

Thanks for the suggestion.

merlinkv
2nd January 2013, 13:59
Hi Zetr0,

Any news about my order?

- 1 x ZX Spectrum IDE 3.1D complete pack (with +3e ROMs, NMI button, cable)

- 20 x W27C257 PROMS

- 1 x Spectrum 128 +2AB / +3 RGB SCART Cable (you have bought for me at Tech-Shack)

I'm waiting your news.

Zetr0
3rd January 2013, 01:42
@merlinkv

My friend, I am truly sorry for the delay, I have sent you a PM.

@GtB

Some CF cards do not present themselves properly to the ATA Bus, as such completely confuse the IDE adapter. I have the same problem with a faulty Lexmark 2GB CF Card.

In terms of maximum size, the ROM's support upto 1TB of Data Store - so you could use a 2TB HDD on the adapter.... ... yeah.... overkill LOL!

I wouldn't go any higher than 2GB on a CF card, and maybe upto 10GB on a HDD =)

I hope that helps.

emilen72
3rd January 2013, 08:12
Hi Zetro,

is an adapter available for me and my 48+?

thanks

merlinkv
3rd January 2013, 11:43
@merlinkv

My friend, I am truly sorry for the delay, I have sent you a PM.

Hi Zetr0,

Thanks a lot my friend & my best wishes as allways.

:)

piacc64
3rd January 2013, 13:15
Hi Zetro,

is an adapter available for me and my speccy 48+?

thanks

emilen72
4th January 2013, 06:50
Hi Zetro,

thanks

@ administrator

the post above was wrote yesterday by me... why it appears wrote by another member?

Zetr0
7th January 2013, 19:53
@emilen72
Interesting indeed!

I will discuss this posting issue with the team.

In regards to a one available for your humble 48k, its possible, but I have to ensure everyone has received their first, so I would like to conclude these trades first and then I will know if I need to replace any lost units.

piacc64
7th January 2013, 20:53
the post from emilen is ok, my is similar

@zetr0 i am interest for one unit

emilen72
9th January 2013, 07:17
@ Zetr0

ok... I will wait your news (I hope, good) via PM

thanks

AlfaRomeo
9th January 2013, 23:01
Hi Zetr0,
Iīm interested in one unit to my +3e, there still one available?
I have +3e V1.38 divIDE roms, they are compatible or I must aquire new roms?
Thanks in advance

Zetr0
10th January 2013, 00:39
@AlfaRomeo

I am sure I have enough units, I just need to make sure the 3 that are out in postage-land get to their destinations in case I need to send out replacements.

In regards to your setup - you would need a ROM replacement as your current set is configured to use a DivIDE as a 16bit +3DOS IDE interface and sadly wont work with the 8bit IDE interface without changing the ROM first.

jvdw007
11th January 2013, 12:45
Hi Zetr0,

I requested a full package from you for my Speccy 128 +2AB quite a while ago and was just wondering if it fell through your radar?

I don't mind waiting, as you said you need to ensure others already have received theirs :thumbsup:

Zetr0
11th January 2013, 14:11
@jvdw007

Sorry, I didn't mean to seem as though I ignored to your PM, sadly I have been away from the bay, due to health problems I am afraid to say and thus I missed your post.

Now, I have put 4 units asside to ensure that I have enough to cover those that are in postage land.

This leaves me with a hand full of adapters left.

So I can certainly help out here =D

radu14m
11th January 2013, 16:22
Awensome adapter Zetr0 !
is this adapter also suitable for the amstrad CPC ?

Zetr0
12th January 2013, 00:46
Sadly my friend no,

The CPC range of micro's require an explicit addressing structure for peripherals, however I have been building a prototype that will work with the CPC664/6128 and CPC464(with memory upgrade). It is compatible with FutureOS and SymbOS.... more on that later....

highlandcattle
12th January 2013, 11:42
Hi, zetr0 hope you are feeling better?
I'm also still interested in one of these. Should I pm you or are none left.
Greetings

jvdw007
12th January 2013, 13:27
Hi zetr0. Thanks for the PM. Moneyz has been sent :-)

sidchip_fr
13th January 2013, 14:44
Hello ZetrO,

I'm interested in one interface including ROMs if it's still available

PS:I actually don't own a speccy.
Which model do you advice for gaming ?
I would like to get a good picture but I know that some models don't have the RGB output ?

Thanks in advance

fratzengeballer
14th January 2013, 10:44
Hi ZetrO,

if there are any devices left I would love to have a complete one with all romstuff and wires for my recently bought 128K +3

cheers

croupier
15th January 2013, 08:06
Hi ZetrO,

Any Adapters left? I'm interested in one for +2 (Grey)....

Thanks!

GtB
18th January 2013, 19:30
Some CF cards do not present themselves properly to the ATA Bus, as such completely confuse the IDE adapter. I have the same problem with a faulty Lexmark 2GB CF Card.

Cheers, you were absolutely right - Lexmark 4GB no way - Kingston 512MB, fine and dandy!

Right, now I need to format it and get some software on there!

sputnik
18th January 2013, 22:41
I'm way late to the party here but I would be interested in one of these if they ever become available

fratzengeballer
21st January 2013, 13:27
Dear Zetr0,

since you don't respond on PM or in this topic, might it be better to wait for your z80sdmmc? I dont mind waiting a little.

cheers

schombi
21st January 2013, 16:47
Iīm late like hell, but Iīm also declaring interest in one adapter plus an NMI. My +3 has already been equipped with the +3e ROMs. Would be great to get such adapter.

croupier
22nd January 2013, 13:43
Dear ZetrO,

What's the status of available adapters? Any left?

Thanks!

Zetr0
22nd January 2013, 16:37
Sorry guys had some crappy internet so now its time to catch up.

I have to update my previous statement, Originally I stated that the maximum limit was 2TB, while the OS can handle this, the physical limit of C/H/S addressing means only 128GB is the limit.

So you can have absolutely no more than Two Million, seven hundred and ninety six thousand, two hundred and two (point 6) 48k Snapshots =)

Hi Zetr0,

Any news about my order?

- 1 x ZX Spectrum IDE 3.1D complete pack (with +3e ROMs, NMI button, cable)

- 20 x W27C257 PROMS

- 1 x Spectrum 128 +2AB / +3 RGB SCART Cable (you have bought for me at Tech-Shack)

I'm waiting your news.

I spoke again with the post office on Saturday, I will PM you shortly.

Hi Zetro,

is an adapter available for me and my 48+?

thanks

yes - please see bottom post

Hi Zetro,

thanks

Hi Zetr0,
Iīm interested in one unit to my +3e, there still one available?
I have +3e V1.38 divIDE roms, they are compatible or I must aquire new roms?
Thanks in advance

Yours was posted late Saturday,

Hi Zetr0,

I requested a full package from you for my Speccy 128 +2AB quite a while ago and was just wondering if it fell through your radar?

I don't mind waiting, as you said you need to ensure others already have received theirs :thumbsup:

Yours was postage late Saturday

Hi, zetr0 hope you are feeling better?
I'm also still interested in one of these. Should I pm you or are none left.
Greetings

I do have some left

Hello ZetrO,

I'm interested in one interface including ROMs if it's still available

PS:I actually don't own a speccy.
Which model do you advice for gaming ?
I would like to get a good picture but I know that some models don't have the RGB output ?

Thanks in advance

In my humble opinion I love the +2AB (Black with cassette) it really is cool to have cassette and harddisk in the same machine - or course money no object I would have a modified +3 motherboard inside a +2AB case (with cassette) and modify it to have a cassette IN (which only need a resistor and a header added ) with two external Black Floppy Drives, 1x 720kb 3.5" and the other a 3" 140k drive. both drives switch-able for either Drive A or B.

That would be my ultimate want (interestingly I have all the bits here to make that magic happen too ;))

Hi ZetrO,

if there are any devices left I would love to have a complete one with all romstuff and wires for my recently bought 128K +3

cheers

yes, I can help.

Hi ZetrO,

Any Adapters left? I'm interested in one for +2 (Grey)....

Thanks!

I'm way late to the party here but I would be interested in one of these if they ever become available

Dear Zetr0,

since you don't respond on PM or in this topic, might it be better to wait for your z80sdmmc? I dont mind waiting a little.

cheers

Hello fratzengeballer, patience is your perview my friend, but it is www.tech-shack.com that will hopefully be selling these end of Feb / March time.

There are some compatibility issues with some software, I have noted that Attic Attack, Alien 8 and the Dizzy series 4 through 7 simply crash and have graphic glitches. I am yet to isolate as to why this is the case but I suspect a byte drift somewhere in loading.

This issue is prevailent in both Snapshots as well as files.

Both of these file types work with either a 16bit IDE interface (like the DivIDE in passive 3e mode) or the 8bit IDE device.

Iīm late like hell, but Iīm also declaring interest in one adapter plus an NMI. My +3 has already been equipped with the +3e ROMs. Would be great to get such adapter.

I can certainly help.

Currently there are no +3e features for the NMI button. However I do plan to write some rom-able software (FDISK and FileBrowser) in the future for the +3e ROM

Dear ZetrO,

What's the status of available adapters? Any left?

Thanks!

Yes I do. I have put aside some for those still outstanding, if they do not receive their items by Weds next week I will ship these out to them - express post so they are covered.

For use with the 48k / 128k / 128k +2 Grey

This adapter is a little more involved as you will need to prepare your IDE disk using Pera Putniks DrvImg program, I plan on doing a how-to for this.

At the moment I have not tested this, and as far as I am aware it only loads and saves snapshot files, the latter the NMI feature is use.

I plan to have a play with this as soon as I get some time and a Spectrum + or 128 that doesn't mind being a victim.

for more information have a read here (http://piters.tripod.com/drimus.htm)

croupier
25th January 2013, 08:36
Dear ZetrO,

PM sent for a +2 (black) adapter....

jamiem
28th January 2013, 22:02
Hi Zetr0,

Did you ever post my 2 adaptors out, or are these included in your latest shipment, as I never received anything?

Thanks again,

Jamie.

Zetr0
28th January 2013, 23:18
Hello Jamie, I thought that you had received these my friend,

I will send out some more since I have put some aside.

jvdw007
29th January 2013, 11:27
Hi Zetr0.

Just caught up with this thread here again after some time away from Amibay :roll:
I see you posted it late saturday, seemingly the 20th January? Where and how did you post it? It's the 29th today and still nothing received?

The postal service must be really bad these days. :mad:

AlfaRomeo
29th January 2013, 22:25
Hi Zetr0

Yours was posted late Saturday

Are you sure??
Until today nothing arrived and from 20th January 9 days passed :(

Zetr0
30th January 2013, 16:29
Sorry Guys,

Suffering the flu here, I will get on top of this asap.

I have contacted royalmail by phone and they have not been able to give me any answer as to why. I have raised a complaint (Whatever that means). I have all the receipts so in the worse case scenario I will just claim those. I have enough IDE's to cover those not with their owners.

However until I know everyone is sorted out. I cannot sell any more adapters.

storhemulen
30th January 2013, 17:38
Since mine has been on route since december 22nd, one start to wonder what they are up to at Royal mail... :picard

Zetr0
31st January 2013, 09:32
@thread

Out of the 6 parcels sent 4 have not turned up.

These 6 parcels were sent from my local post office. I have contacted royal mail, but sadly they have given me the standard claim form. Fortunately I have enough to cover these 4 packages

I am very meticulous with receipts so I have been assured that along with evidence of transactions (yay paypal)

Currently drinking a lot of lemsip and printing out new postage labels - I will be taking these direct to the depot in the morning.

Truly sorry guys...

jvdw007
31st January 2013, 09:32
Thanks for the update Zetr0. It's very frustrating when Royal Mail claim they know nothing.

Let's hope it gets sorted out. It's just suspicious they can lose so many people's parcels! :picard

PS. Get well soon mate. I had that nasty virus for 3 weeks over xmas and it wasn't fun. Now it seems it's doing a 2nd round here at work again with half our staff sick!

Zetr0
7th February 2013, 22:06
@update

Sorry for the delay guys, been some what sleeping off this multitude of infections.

Today I finished going through all the orders and those that have not received it.

http://s6.postimage.org/klb2bpbch/P1050829.jpg (http://postimage.org/)

I am completely out of NMI cables and buttons and CF to IDE adaptors =(

I have only 3 IDE adapters and enough for 3 sets of +3 ROM's left and IDE cable.

AlfaRomeo
7th February 2013, 22:59
@update

Today I finished going through all the orders and those that have not received it.

I am completely out of NMI cables and buttons and CF to IDE adaptors =(

I have only 3 IDE adapters and enough for 3 sets of +3 ROM's left and IDE cable.

Hi Zetr0,

What that means?.. means that finally my ordered package will arrive in the next days?? :blased:

Zetr0
8th February 2013, 01:54
I truly hope so my friend!!!

Pluto63
8th February 2013, 08:08
Was just about to pm you on WoS, so probably I'm also on this batch, take care m8.

ElectroBlaster
8th February 2013, 13:08
Hi Zet's :)

I would like an IDE adaptor, cable and +3E roms if possible?
I have another +3 im tidying up, would like the NMI button but I can probably knock one up with all my bits floating about.

piacc64
8th February 2013, 17:40
and my, i have declared interest longe time ago

Zetr0
10th February 2013, 00:22
I will be tidying up this thread shortly and put requests in a proper cue, please bare with me.

In the mean time I have created a User Manual - Z80 8bit UIDE Manual (http://www.filedropper.com/z80-8bit-uide-manual)

Only English at the moment, but if there are enough requests I will translate it.

schombi
10th February 2013, 05:24
Manual is looking excellent, thanks Zetr0. Something I can read through while Iīm waiting for my parcel to arrive.

Zetr0
10th February 2013, 11:44
@update

All Parcels were sent Saturday
(I had hopped to get them out earlier but sadly got stuk in the house waiting =()

Zetr0
10th February 2013, 11:45
Manual is looking excellent, thanks Zetr0. Something I can read through while Iīm waiting for my parcel to arrive.

Thank you =)

you have a hard-copy in your parcel =D

jvdw007
12th February 2013, 11:01
Hi Zetr0, many thanks for that manual. It is excellent indeed.
Looking forward to hopefully receiving the parcel this time.
Don't suppose you found out why your previous parcels weren't delivered?

Zetr0
12th February 2013, 12:29
@jvdw007

All the parcels that have not turned up were posted from my local post office.

I have been in contact with royal mail on quite a few occasions over the last couple of weeks. They claim they are going to investigate the matter, since I have raised a serious complaint - considering it is an item loss costs (Ģ240 ish) it is another Ģ47.88 worth of postage as well.

Its really peculiar, I have not had this problem before and its the strangest feeling of disempowerment when you are left not knowing, what is going on and how you can help those that have bought these items from you. A very strange feeling is not knowing if you are doing enough and there's this line of trust / goodwill that gets pulled ever so taunt that you feel its going to break. However both you and your fellow trader are caught in this horrid form of limbo... its very disturbing.

Fortunately I was able to contact Harrison, with his knowledge of the inner working mysteries of the Royal Mail he was able to help me calm down and realize that I can only go through the process and that I was doing the most I can at the time. Since I was loosing my mind at that point (not just down to a high-temperature / fever) so I do thank him for that (Thanks H).

Lucky for me I always ensure I have enough to cover those sent out. ever since I lost a couple of parcels a few years ago I always make sure that I can cover it while waiting (anything up to 90 days) for royal mail to catchup.

Zetr0
12th February 2013, 18:05
Okay,

I only have 4 kits left available, they are pre-configured for the spectrum +2AB / +3

They include the following

1x Z80 Universal IDE Adaptor
1x Compact Flash to IDE Adaptor
1x Set of ROM's (freely programmed for +3e)
1x 15cm IDE Cable
1x Power Molex
1x 512MB CF Card preconfigured and ready to go.
1x 20 Page Manual / User Installation Guide
All that for Ģ32.99 + Postage

Now I have combed the thread and laid out the following order of interest. While some have placed interest in one for the earlier spectrum 48k/128k - they still have first refusal -

[1] piacc64
[2] emilen72
[3] Highkland Cattle
[4] sidchip_fr
[5] fratzengeballer
[6] sputnik
[7] croupier
[8] ElectroBlaster
[9] Paradroid 90
Please note that I only have 4 kits available at this time, I do not have enough components to sell these as usable on the earlier 128k and 48k Spectrum's.

piacc64
12th February 2013, 19:16
ok, one for me, pm soon

Paradroid90
12th February 2013, 19:50
As discussed before Zetro reserve me one :thumbsup:

Zetr0
12th February 2013, 20:55
ok, one for me, pm soon

PM replied to my friend,

As discussed before Zetro reserve me one :thumbsup:

Now added to the list =D

sidchip_fr
12th February 2013, 22:11
Hello ZetrO,

I'm interested in buying one kit for a spectrum 48k
I don't know if it is possible ?
Let me know please
thanks

Zetr0
12th February 2013, 22:14
@sidchip_fr

Sadly my friend, I do not have enough components to sell these as usable with the following models

Spectrum 48k
Spectrum 128k
Spectrum 128k +2 (Grey)

Because of this I have configured them as Spectrum 128k +2A/B (Black) and +3 as complete kits as this uses up what I have left.

piacc64
12th February 2013, 22:45
payment tomorrow

Zetr0
12th February 2013, 22:53
payment tomorrow

no worries my friend =) :thumbsup:

fratzengeballer
12th February 2013, 23:00
Still interested in one for the +2a/b
Will pm you for further details

Zetr0
12th February 2013, 23:35
Still interested in one for the +2a/b
Will pm you for further details

PM received and another sent back =D

croupier
13th February 2013, 08:15
Hi,

I've placed interest and sent a PM (and payment) for a 2+ A/B (black) adaptor...

Pls confirm if the payment was received and item sent....as in this case I don't need the 48k version anymore.

Thanks!

Okay,

Now I have combed the thread and laid out the following order of interest. While some have placed interest in one for the earlier spectrum 48k/128k - they still have first refusal -
[1] piacc64
[2] emilen72
[3] Highkland Cattle
[4] sidchip_fr
[5] fratzengeballer
[6] sputnik
[7] ElectroBlaster
[8] Paradroid 90
Please note that I only have 4 kits available at this time, I do not have enough components to sell these as usable on the earlier 128k and 48k Spectrum's.

Zetr0
13th February 2013, 10:41
@Croupier

Everything confirmed, I have sent you a PM.

piacc64
13th February 2013, 13:39
payment sent now

fratzengeballer
13th February 2013, 14:11
payment done via paypal and PM sent about further details, thanks

sidchip_fr
13th February 2013, 17:43
@Zetro

in case a kit for the spectrum 48k would be available in the future,I'm still interested.

Zetr0
13th February 2013, 21:14
@sidchip_fr

This is possible, sadly I have not enough components to build any more at the moment. However when China finishes celebrating its new year I can get the last of the components require to finish off these adaptors.

jamiem
13th February 2013, 21:49
Hi Zetr0,

My adaptors arrived safe and sound yesterday. Looks like I've got a bit of soldering ahead of me now :D.

I may need a bit of help from some of the experts on this site when it comes to the 48K but will put up a new post when I get round to making a start on it.

Thanks again for all your hard work.

Jamie.

Zetr0
13th February 2013, 22:22
Excellent I am pleased that got there, I do hope you like the package, there's plenty of help available - I can sure help =)

AlfaRomeo
14th February 2013, 20:28
Hi Zetr0,
Today the package you sent me arrived but unfortunatly inside only had the IDE cable and the IDE Adaptor with itīs manual..
The +3 ROM I bought from you doesnīt came :unsure:

jvdw007
14th February 2013, 22:56
Hey Zetr0. Many thanks for the package. I received it tuesday evening. All seems to be fine, but I've yet to put it into the speccy. Should get that done this weekend. Thanks for the included printed manual too :thumbsup:

Zetr0
14th February 2013, 23:40
Hi Zetr0,
Today the package you sent me arrived but unfortunatly inside only had the IDE cable and the IDE Adaptor with itīs manual..
The +3 ROM I bought from you doesnīt came :unsure:

I am truly sorry my friend, I was going by an earlier list when I packed up these parcels and I missed that you had also ordered a set of ROM's.

fear not I shall pop some in the post in the morning.

merlinkv
16th February 2013, 21:14
Hi Zetr0,

Package has arrived today. :)

Not tested, but everything seems to be OK

Thanks a lot my friend & my best wishes as allways.

Feedback on the way :thumbsup:

storhemulen
21st February 2013, 17:22
Mine arrived too some days ago. Thanks Zetr0! :thumbsup:

AlfaRomeo
26th February 2013, 21:03
Hi Zetr0,

Until today the +3 Romīs didnīt come :( Without the ROMīs the IDE doesnīt work.
Can you send the +3 Romīs for me, pleeeeeeease?

Mully
4th March 2013, 08:27
Hi Zetro

Have you any plans to make another batch compatible with the 48k model? How soon do you think?

Thanks

croupier
4th March 2013, 20:32
Dear Zetr0,

I still haven't received my adapter...:(...any info about its whereabouts?

Thanks!

piacc64
13th March 2013, 21:44
Zetr0, i want my adapter :(

ikduncan
16th March 2013, 08:38
Id loveva full kit for my +3 ( roms etc too)
Any chance they are still available?

fratzengeballer
19th March 2013, 06:28
Haven received my stuff either, Zetr0, hope you are well.

Zetr0
21st March 2013, 20:44
Thread update

PM's sent

ikduncan
23rd March 2013, 12:51
Hi zetro any chance of a couple of full kits?

One for +3 one for 128k+?

jvdw007
23rd March 2013, 20:47
Hey Zetr0. Many thanks for this awesome kit and instructions. It was a bit fiddly for me to get the soldering done (as I suck at that!), but all working in the end!
Apologies for the belated feedback to :thumbsup:

One thing: How do I transfer files from my PC to the CF after it's been formatted and partitioned on the speccy? Anybody know of any useful utilities, like booting into a directory lister (think Dopus on amiga or Windows explorer) - I'll post this on a new thread elsewhere as this is probably not the best place to put it thanks!

Paradroid90
24th March 2013, 18:05
IDE Adaptor Received and Feedback sent to Zetty :thumbsup:

fratzengeballer
27th March 2013, 10:58
good things come to those who wait....

the only royal thing is the pay at royal mail, for sure not the speed :-D

parcel arrived today. many thanks zetr0. will leave feedback in a minute

Zetr0
27th March 2013, 11:18
Thank the ( great deity in the sky ) for that!!!! I was getting worried!!!

piacc64
27th March 2013, 16:32
finally arrived today, thanks zetr0, feedback soon

Zetr0
27th March 2013, 17:18
.........phew....... just croupier left......

croupier
28th March 2013, 07:29

YES!!...it arrived yesterday...:D...perfect timing...just for the holidays...plenty of time to play with it!

Thanks again!!

croupier
2nd April 2013, 14:03
Dear Zetr0,

One quick question...I remember seeing somewhere on the forum the correct procedure how to copy Spectrum games' snapshots to a CF on a PC...but cannot find it anymore....

Can you (or anyone on the forum) point me to it?

Thanks!

Croupier

fitzsteve
2nd April 2013, 14:05
I remember seeing somewhere on the forum the correct procedure how to copy Spectrum games' snapshots to a CF on a PC...but cannot find it anymore....

Here ya go:

http://www.amibay.com/showthread.php?t=39585

AlfaRomeo
2nd April 2013, 17:57
Hi Zetro,

You have forgot me again :unsure: where are the roms I bought you last january??
Itīs sad to have the IDE kit but couldnīt use it because you didnīt sent me the Roms

Zetr0
2nd April 2013, 18:19
@AlfaRomeo

My friend, I am sorry that you have not received your ROM's - I sent you a set of ROM's over three weeks ago. I thought you had received them.

I cannot imagine how it must feel not being able to use the kit - I will program another set and send it recorded mail in the morning.

rkauer
2nd April 2013, 19:17
@Zetr0: you can tell me if this kit will work on a Didaktik Gama '89?

It is a 80kb clone of the 48kb Spectrum.

In the other hand, I think I'll check Pera's site myself in order to check it.

AlfaRomeo
4th April 2013, 17:35
Hi, Zetr0,

@AlfaRomeo

My friend, I am sorry that you have not received your ROM's - I sent you a set of ROM's over three weeks ago.

I didnīt receive the roms yet, my kit itīs useless without them.
If you want I pay a new set of Roms because I need those so I can put the kit to work

Zetr0
4th April 2013, 17:40
Hi, Zetr0,

@AlfaRomeo

My friend, I am sorry that you have not received your ROM's - I sent you a set of ROM's over three weeks ago.

I didnīt receive the roms yet, my kit itīs useless without them.
If you want I pay a new set of Roms because I need those so I can put the kit to work

That wouldn't be fair on you my friend, I have posted you a set of +3e ROM's - the cashier told me that it should take 7 to 10 days.

I am really sorry =(

AlfaRomeo
4th April 2013, 22:48
That wouldn't be fair on you my friend, I have posted you a set of +3e ROM's - the cashier told me that it should take 7 to 10 days.

I am really sorry =(

Ok, I will wait. Thanks

AlfaRomeo
21st April 2013, 18:34
I Zetr0,

Still waiting for the Romīs but nothing comes until today.
Could you sell me another set of Romīs, please?

croupier
5th August 2013, 13:09
Hi,

Finally managed to find sime time to play with my +2 and the CF card....on the way to copy some games on the CF I noticed something strange...at lest not what I would expect...the CF is 256 Mb and after formatting it on the +2 I have 128 Mb availabe (as per ZetrO instructions and manual for the 8bit IDE)...partitioned to 7 partitions of 16 Mb and 1 of 10....

All fine till here...but when loading the drive image into StrowSaw the program reports the partitions of only 8 Mb each (and one of 5 Mb)....this will actually leave me with only 64 Mb usable on my CF....

Is StrowSaw reporting the correct figures or I did something wrong?

Thanks for the assistance....

Zetr0
5th August 2013, 22:02
@croupier

Now that is very unusual indeed, I suspect that their might be some issues with 3eStrowSaw.

I seem to be quite lucky and have only experienced minor infrequent glitches that a re-load usually cures, worse case a reboot is required.

There are is a program that converts RAW images to a 256HDF - StrowSaw friendly image, you may fair better with that. You will need to use DrvImg in RAW mode when reading the CF card.

Have you tried mounting the CF card as a hard disk under emulation?

I use FUSE, if you need help setting it up just let me know...

@AlphaRomeo

You have a PM my friend.

croupier
6th August 2013, 07:48
@croupier

There are is a program that converts RAW images to a 256HDF - StrowSaw friendly image, you may fair better with that. You will need to use DrvImg in RAW mode when reading the CF card.

Have you tried mounting the CF card as a hard disk under emulation?

I use FUSE, if you need help setting it up just let me know...

Hi ZetrO,

No, I haven't tried the emulation yet...will try to play with FUSE and also check the DrvImg...to see how it works...

BTW....regarding the sound issue on the +2 (as posted in my other post)...was trying to find the hack on WOS but I'm unable to locate it...do you have a link to it? Or even better....:whistle:....do you have it in one of your nicely made tutorials? :D

---------- Post added at 06:48 ---------- Previous post was at 06:40 ----------

@croupier
There are is a program that converts RAW images to a 256HDF - StrowSaw friendly image, you may fair better with that.

One more question....which program is the best to get the RAW image of the CF? And convert it to 256HDF...

Zetr0
6th August 2013, 11:51
To obtain a raw image, I would use DrvImg, you will see the options in the bottm / right of the panel

http://s6.postimg.org/ccj36y3ht/image_003.jpg (http://postimage.org/)

You have to ensure that the device (HD or CF card) is formatted on the target machine - also write down the CHS data that you get on the spectrum -

Type "CAT TAB" on the spectrum and it will list the devices available, their CHS (Cylinders, Heads and Sectors) along side available and existing partitions

http://s6.postimg.org/51wrmb1v5/image_006.jpg (http://postimage.org/)

In the above example

Cylinders = 481
Heads = 16
Sectors = 32

Once you have that - confirm this with the CHS of DrvImg - sometimes this can get it wrong even when formatted in a spectrum. I found Cisco branded CF media can be fickle in this area.

See if that helps...

Truth be said I really need to get some time to write a fully fledged bit of Windows software.

piemmeweb
25th August 2013, 22:29
Hello ZetrO , i'd like to buy one if still available but have a question before: can it be installed inside spectrum 48k rubber keys? i can desolder the z80 cpu and mount it on a socket if needed, it's not problem, but there's enough space inside that spectrum for the adapter + a cf card? I think not but need to know your esperience... thanks!

pstrinic
29th August 2013, 16:02
How do I transfer files onto the CF card?

fitzsteve
29th August 2013, 16:24

pstrinic
31st August 2013, 16:00

Thank you!

pstrinic
8th September 2013, 23:34
Finally got some files on my CF card, mounted the unit internally and added the NMI button. My mounting job i not very professional looking but good enough for me.

A couple of questions...

A) is there a way to make the loader work on a +2?
B) what should happen when I push the NMI button?

Thanks!

unxaix
16th September 2013, 06:54
Hi

I declare my interest if any left.
Can you please tell me how much is the shipping to Romania?
Thank you very much.

Zetr0
17th September 2013, 16:42
Finally got some files on my CF card, mounted the unit internally and added the NMI button. My mounting job i not very professional looking but good enough for me.

A couple of questions...

Thanks!

Hello my friend - sadly I have missed your earlier PM's, I am pleased that Steve has sent you to the right place to start.

BTW what size CF (and brand) card do you have in your Spectrum +3 - I think I still have a build for it that will serve your needs well =)

Zetr0
17th September 2013, 16:43
Hi

I declare my interest if any left.
Can you please tell me how much is the shipping to Romania?
Thank you very much.

PM on route

pstrinic
19th September 2013, 01:23

A couple of questions...

Thanks!

Hello my friend - sadly I have missed your earlier PM's, I am pleased that Steve has sent you to the right place to start.

BTW what size CF (and brand) card do you have in your Spectrum +3 - I think I still have a build for it that will serve your needs well =)

I actually stuck it in the +2 for the time being. It's a 256MB card.

Any instructions on the NMI button? Doesn't appear to do anything.

roy_bates
2nd October 2013, 16:55
hi keith.

do you have any of these left?

i would like one for the 128+ 2,would it also work on the 48+ or do i need different roms for that?

i would like the full package if possible.

Zetr0
3rd October 2013, 11:38
@Roy

I can certainly help you my friend, this is the older adaptor - this is a new one the Rev 3.1E (see here (http://www.amibay.com/showthread.php?t=43459&page=5))

You have a PM inbound

For those still interested - please click this thread for more details (http://www.amibay.com/showthread.php?t=43459)

This thread should be closed as the Rev 3.1D no longer exists - I am always dubious of closing my own threads so if a fellow staff member of VIP read this - please close this thread if you feel it should be.