PDA

View Full Version : Closed PC Engine console

everblue
3rd September 2012, 16:13
I am looking for a nice condition PC Engine console with no yellowing/scratches + controller and AV Cable. Must ship to Malta =)

White model is preferred but any model considered!

-Acid-
3rd September 2012, 17:00
You can get them brand new on ebay buy it now for 55.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/200448993512?

everblue
3rd September 2012, 19:32
True, and very nice, but those are locked at 50hz :(

BrooksterMax
3rd September 2012, 20:23
True, and very nice, but those are locked at 50hz :(

Exactly, I have one and it is basically a PAL unit but I believe you can mod it, Zetr0 has done something (or is planning something) with his unit.

-Acid-
3rd September 2012, 20:46
Yes they can be modded to add a region switch then you can play Jap games too.

everblue
3rd September 2012, 22:16
Well you can mod it to play Japanese games, but the system will force them to run at 50hz... unless I am missing something! :o

AmiNeo
3rd September 2012, 22:20
Not certain about with PC Engine, but in a lot of older consoles, the refresh rate is sometimes how the region lock is controlled. It could be that the region mod is what changes the refresh rate.

everblue
3rd September 2012, 22:25
Basically the PAL PC Engine/TurboGrafx has a 50hz clock crystal, so anything on it runs at 50hz, independent of the region. To successfully mod it to run at 60hz, it needs the replacement of the said crystal, something which I do not have the knowledge, nor the technical skills to perform.

AmiNeo
3rd September 2012, 23:28
There may be a way to bypass the crystal with a switch or something though. If Zetr0 knows of a way be assured it IS possible. :lol: I've known him only a relatively short time and I have complete faith in his ability. :thumbsup:

FYI the PAL Megadrive also has a 50Hz crystal, but I've successfully modded mine without any issues. The fact that the crystal exists simply means it can do 50Hz, nothing else.