AmiBayer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Country
UK
Region
Lancashire
Hi,

I've been trying to get myself an Amiga 1200 of my own but somebody on ebay (user ID r***r) is buying them all up - for profiteering i assume?

Anyway it means I can't get hold of one to actually enjoy and it's pushing prices up.

Does anybody have an A1200 they'd like to sell knowing I'm not going to turn it round and knock it out on ebay for a ridiculous buy it now price?

I'm getting quite good at fixing this A500+ I got for my friend, already replaced a joystick port, removed the battery and cleaned up the PCB and next stop replacing the two burned looking pull up resistors on Joystick Port 2 (think I found the culprit, someone's bridged two pins with wire in one of the megadrive pads that came with it rather than using a pull up resistor, obviously been a short at some point).

So I don't mind if the A1200 needs a little work.

Thanks,
Paul

Paul

I've moved your thread to the correct area.

I'm sure someone will be along shortly to assist you (y)

Dave G :cool:

That price driver would airey36 more than likely, I had the exact same problem a few years ago when I first tried getting back on the scene:mad: Its why I dont like him. Of course back then ebay didnt hide user ids so you could see who it was;)

I have just looked back over some I was idly watching and I see what you mean!
Still, keep your eyes open for one that is collection only and within pickup range for you (that worked for me). Or keep going and waiting for one he misses, or buy bits at a time (amiga with no cables etc) that come up and construct a full set that way.
Thats if someone here doesnt come along soon of course.

I could sell you an A1200 if you want.

I've had both CF and IDE drives in it as well as my Apollo 68040 works fine.

its very yellowed and a bit scruffy (ive not tried to clean it yet) WB 3.0 roms.

I live in St Helens, you anywhere near, come take a look and buy it for what i paid for it if you want.

I paid £50, your welcome to come collect it / try it. I was going to clean it up and add HDD for small profit to pay towards 030 for my other Amiga 1200, but im not greedy :D

Hi Sardine - I'm only in Wigan, was in St Helens tonight actually picking up some speakers!

Does the A1200 come with any accessories (e.g. PSU, mouse, blank disks)? I got a few spare bits with the A500+ I'll have to check they work.

I was hoping to find a white one as soldering caps etc. doesn't phase me but buying quantities of bomb making materials to clean an amiga does :) but I suppose most will have yellowed. Do you have any photos to help me make up my mind?

Thanks! Paul

got everything you need.

psu cables etc.. might even chuck in a TLC required joystick and some disks but they have seen better days ;)

if you have 2.5" ide cable i can chuck in a small HDD unless you have one. i have a 3gb here cost me £5 but you will desperately need some fast ram to make any good use of the HDD.

ill pm you my address and come have a gander.

here is the chap i bought it off pics.. its actually more yellow in person. :( but fully working :)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/81069032@N05/sets/72157630261422666/

Hi, cool! Looks quite good mainly the keys yellow the case itself doesn't look too bad? Apart from round the floppy - are they just marks or is it damage to the plastic?

Anyway, can't get too hung up about aesthetics - I think I have a 2.5" IDE drive in an old laptop but I don't have a cable - Amigakit my best bet? Or is there something common i could cannibalise one from? I'll probably get a CF adapter eventually I see some of them come with a cable maybe I should bite the bullet and buy one straight off.

Fast mem upgrade - gonna have to read about the options for an A1200 and look out on here.

If you PM me your addy and mobile number I'll try and make it round on Wednesday night to take a look if that's ok? Got to help shift some furniture after work tomorrow.

Thanks,
Paul

ok done.. like i said the pics make it look whiter than it really is.. the marks on the floppy ive not tried to clean they look like tape marks but you would need to check.

That price driver would airey36 more than likely, I had the exact same problem a few years ago when I first tried getting back on the scene:mad: Its why I dont like him. Of course back then ebay didnt hide user ids so you could see who it was;)

Wow - he does seem to bid on all of the a1200s. where does he put them all as he doesn't seem to then sell them on much in his ebay shop?

Wow - he does seem to bid on all of the a1200s. where does he put them all as he doesn't seem to then sell them on much in his ebay shop?

He splits and sells the parts, Keyboard, Motherboard, Floppy Drive, Case, etc, etc.

He splits and sells the parts, Keyboard, Motherboard, Floppy Drive, Case, etc, etc.

He BUTCHERS them? Arrrrggghhhhh!

Not all of them, I just bought one off him last week. Price wasn't that bad, the shipping was a killer though, but 4 days to Canada via Fed Ex. Would have bought another from AmigaKit, but they are sold out.

I also just looked at a couple of auctions that have finished in my watch list and I see what you all mean, you can tell by the feedback score as they are the same for the winner and airey. Driving up the price to create a shortage and increase demand, just don't go beyond what you are comfortable with price-wise and the price will eventually come down or he will be stuck with a load of computers and no one to buy them, at least not for the price he paid :LOL:

@All

I can understand the need to discuss certain other sites and their users but this is a Wanted thread.

Dave G :cool:

well hes on his way to my house.. Ive slapped a 3gb hdd in it and it works a treat.

He will NEED ram to make use of WHDload as after wb has booted 1.5mb ram remains.

apart from the yellowing this 1200 is perfect, even ran my 68040 in it no probs.

What are you talking about? Tony is a perfect man. :D

picked up and paid for. had a game of turrican 2 and hybris.

:D

ive told him not to get a 4mb or 8mb ram upgrade as its not much more for a full blown 68030 @ 50mhz with 32mb ram,

I sold 1220/4 for £xx here on amibay and a chap was selling 68030 @50mhz with 32mb ram for £xx. its a no brainer and he can then play doom etc.

how is it price driving ?? what i sold a card for and what a card is "currently" selling for here ??

this is not allowed ???? to link another post and what i sold mine for?

68030 https://www.amibay.com/showthread.php?t=34351
my 1220 https://www.amibay.com/showthread.php?t=27194

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom